About this listing
Super big room with very comfy bed, in vibrant inner city household. Experience the groove of Melbourne’s trendy inner North. Northcote is just 4 km to the CBD in the heart of Melbourne's hipster zone with the best cafes, music venues & quirky shopping.
Our lovely old classic Edwardian home provides the ideal base for visitors to Melbourne. The home’s old world charm of open fireplaces and backyard chooks is balanced with modern facilities including wireless internet, home cinema and outdoor spa.
Large and comfy; fully furnished with central heating. The queen-sized bed has quality linen and a variety of doona options for your comfort. Fluffy towels, big screen TV, lounge chair, wardrobe, desk and wifi access are all provided.
- breakfast (self-serve)
- Miki card (for public transport)
- bicycle, helmet and maps
- use of laundry facilities, and lounge room
- choice of two shared bathrooms
- towels, linen, shampoo, soap
- use of kitchen to 'heat and eat' (space in the fridge & pantry available upon request)
- need a car? Book ours through ''CarNextDoor'' (its cheap, convenient and fully insured)
Interaction with guests
We live here so there are lots of opportuniies to interact if we are all home in the evenings. (Guests often join us for dinner.) However, we also know that sometimes its nice to have some down time and we respect your privacy if you prefer a quiet night in.
Your hosts, Sandra and Andrew, are cheerful and helpful with a wealth of local knowledge.
Other things to note
Tea, coffee and basic self serve breakfast is included.
1. No smoking inside the house.
2. Kitchen - help yourself to tea, coffee, breakfast basics and anything from the fruit bowl. You are welcome to use the microwave to 'heat and eat' We can't promise to cook every night, however we often have communal meals, sharing our cooking with guests, housemates and friends. You are very welcome to join us and bring a bottle of wine to the table.
3. Laundry - the Bosch front loader washing machine is pretty straight forward, detergent etc is provided. There is plenty of space to hang washing outdoors, or use one of the clothes horses in your room. There is a dryer for those emergency clothing requirements. Iron, ironing board etc are all available for your use.
4. Please read the information booklet in your room which details local amenities and how to get around.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 168 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are very proud of our city and love welcoming new people to Melbourne.
Sandra works in higher education and Andrew runs a home maintenance service. Our hobbies include bushwalking (multi-day pack carrying trips), snow camping, kayaking, tinkering with electronics (Andrew), reading, the Arts (Sandra), travel and entertaining guests.
We love to cook - but not every night :)