About this listing
Enjoy your very own flat w/ private entrance, the entire main floor of our 1911 home, where historic charm meets urban chic. We live in the flat above and our assistant lives in the flat below. This is an ideal place to stay if you enjoy peace.
Minimum 4 night stay. Weekly and monthly rates are available.
This thoughtfully furnished Non-Smoking apartment on the main floor has two bedrooms, a roomy bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and is surrounded by a lovely garden. Ideally suited for 1 - 3 guests.
The owners live on the top floor and the manager lives in the daylight basement below.
One bedroom has a Biopedic memory foam queen-sized mattress for your comfort and a large walk-in closet. The second bedroom has a pillow top twin mattress and a custom built open armoire.
The living room is furnished with a modern style sofa, a large coffee table, side tables, a comfy chair, a large chic ottoman, and a flat screen TV/DVD with basic cable. A dining area and built in bookshelves complete this room.
The kitchen includes a full size refrigerator, gas stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, cookware, utensils, glassware, dinnerware, and basic condiments.
Access to laundry room for stays of more than 1 week. Laundry room equipped with an iron and ironing board.
Sellwood Garden Home in Portland was built in 1911 as a single family home. It now has three separate flats/apartments, each on their own floor. The house is on a residential street bounded by a small commercial area that includes a social dance studio, a sports bar, a taqueria, and even an auto repair shop! The home is above street level which means you have plenty of privacy.
While you are here you can enjoy your own front porch and use of the charming garden replete with furnished garden house.
The heart of Sellwood is just 3 short blocks west. Where you will find several collectible and antique stores, a bakery, coffee shops, a tea house in a Caboose, several wonderful restaurants, a popular sock shop, as well as several yoga and Pilates studios. As you continue to explore the next few blocks you will uncover more eateries, a Starbucks, a New Seasons Natural Foods Market, Columbia Sportswear Outlet, a wine bar, a painting studio, a few of Portland's much talked about food carts, a game store and so much more.
Walk or drive 1/2 mile north to discover additional restaurants, a small movie theater, several antique malls, retail shops, a popular frozen yogurt shop, several micro breweries, wine bars and other fun places to wile away your leisure hours. Here is where you will also find Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank and US Bank.
We are within a mile of the Springwater Trail, Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, three lovely parks, and of course the Willamette River.
Located less than 5 miles from Portland's Living Room, Pioneer Courthouse Square.
Public transportation is easily accessible just a short block away. The neighborhood is very bike and pedestrian friendly. Several local bicycle shops offer rentals.
Other Things to Note
Laundry room is available for stays of 1 week or longer.
We invite you to treat the home with respect during your stay.
• We ask that you keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 9pm and 8am; this is a good place to have 1 or 2 friends over for a meal, but not a good place for a larger gathering.
• Once you cross the threshold, enjoy this shoe free environment.
• No Pets.
• No Smoking on the premises.
• Check-in time is 4pm (early check-in may be arranged in some instances)
• Check-out time is 10:30am (late check-out may be arranged in some instances)
• Keys should be left in their original place when you depart.
• On street parking - no restrictions or time limits, please feel free to use the driveway for any loading and unloading.
• Feel free to leave the porch light on throughout your stay.
• Motion sensitive night lights are found in several of the rooms for you safety.
• When you are away we ask that you turn out interior lights.
• We ask that you keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 9pm and 8am.
• Laundry room is available between 9 am & 7 pm for stays longer than 1 week.
• Throughout your stay or when you leave you are welcome to empty trash, recycling and food scraps into the appropriate bins located on the west side of the house in the backyard.
In Portland we do our trash this way - separate into 4 categories:
1) Garbage – Container under sink
2) Paper, plastic bottles & cans – Container under sink
3) Food scrap - On the counter there is a small container for food scraps.
4) Glass bottles – Outside in yellow rectangular bin in back yard.
Please do not place glass in the recycling or trash bins.
• Fire extinguisher is located in the kitchen.
• We invite you to enjoy the backyard, garden house during your visit.
• You will find the DVD player built into the side of the TV.
• There is a storage area in the back of the house for bicycles and other outdoor equipment.
• Coffee, tea and basic condiments are in the cabinets to the left of the fridge.
Before you leave:
It is helpful if you strip the sheets you've used and place with towels on floor in the bathroom.
Please load the dishwasher before you leave.
Please replace keys where you found them, make sure the door is locked.
Check out time is 10:30 am.
We love this home and the neighborhood and we know you will too. We look forward to your stay!
About the Host, Ryan
We've lived in Portland for 14 years and are grateful to call it home. Sellwood neighborhood is a great place to live for many reasons including the sense of community, the proximity to parks, hiking trails and bike paths in addition to being very walkable.
I'm a yoga instructor and my husband is a fine woodworker. Eric's 600 square foot studio is on the same property as Sellwood Garden Home. He loves Japanese design, pre- Columbian art and builds boats and bikes in his spare time (although he'll tell you there's no such thing). I love strong coffee, caesar salads, ginger cookies and red wine. Lucky for me I can walk down the street and find all of the above most anytime of the day.
We are travelers and try to getaway whenever we can. We love Mexico, Central America and would love to do more exploring in South America. Ecuador and Italy are two of our favorite places.
Family and friends are a priority and spending time with them was one reason we decided to host through Airbnb as we wanted to have a comfortable, nearby place for them to stay when they're in town. Our property is kid-friendly, complete with a swing on the old apple tree.
In addition to Eric and me being around to help out and answer questions; our manager, Evelyn, who lives on site, is also available. We trust your stay with us will be all that you hope for (and maybe just a little more!).
Free Sunday Yoga classes!
For more info about us please visit (website hidden) or (website hidden).