About this listing
This cozy cottage is located less than 1 mile from the ocean (and has a peek of the water from the front porch). The home has a modern kitchen, two bedrooms, one bath, a fenced yard, dog door, washer/dryer, and ample street parking.
Dogs over 2 years old can stay free of charge. Our gentle lab, Nilla (8 years), lives with us.
A self-serve breakfast is included. Guest room includes free toiletries.
You can rent a room on this listing shared with the homwownersfor $74-124/night (varies by day and season) with queen bed. You can also rent or the entire home Cozy Seaside Cottage 2 Bedroom listing https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/86714?s=tkf-Vn6e for $249-349 (varies by day and season). The entire home sleeps 6 including the living room sofa and single futon in the guest cabin.
Many of our guests choose to sail a bay cruise or lesson with our family sailing club, Monterey Bay Sailing on Old Fisherman's Wharf. Trips begin at only $39/25 kids. Make sailing reservations at (831) 372-SAIL (7245) or by (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Your first question might be, "Is your place available on a given date?" Yes it is. All the dates it is not available are already blocked off. Please feel free to make a reservation. If it is not available the reservation page will tell you instantly.
We are 3 miles from downtown Monterey; 5 miles from Pacific Grove, and 6 miles from Carmel. Guests without a car can take a 20 minute bus ride (stop is one block from our home) to downtown Monterey. Biking and walking to locations around the Peninsula is also always an option as we have wonderful weather!
Guest have full access to kitchen, laundry, and the shared marble/granite bathroom.
Interaction with guests
We do work a lot and may not be home most of the time, but we love chatting with our guests if they are up for it. The guests we've had on Airbnb are so interesting!
Please: - Remove shoes upon entry.
- Water not wiped off granite or marble leaves mineral stains on the stone. Please wipe up water from the granite vanity and the rim of the marble sink in the bath. Please wipe up water around the kitchen sink with the towels provided. Removing these stains is time consuming and expensive.
- Please do not park in front of our elderly neighbor's house directly across the street from the front of the cottage.- No smoking inside, dispose of cigarettes in outside trash can.
- If you bring your pet, dispose of dog doo in outside trash can and cover couch with a sheet to prevent scratching. No dogs under 2 years old.
- No more than 5 guests including children.
- Do not remove art from walls or tables.
- If something is unfortunately broken, inform us immediately- not a surprise to be discovered after you are checked out.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 134 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Carolyn is a a community college instructor at Monterey Peninsula College and special programs director at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies . Capt. Dutch, runs a sailing charter business, Monterey Bay Sailing, on Old Fisherman's Wharf and many of our guests choose to go out for a bay cruise or dinner cruise while in town. We have a lab/shepherd dog named Nilla who is very friendly and quiet.