• Stand-alone Guest Cottage that can only accommodate two people. On the first morning of your stay, you will be provided a breakfast (Italian style) with coffee/tea. The Guest Cottage and farmhouse are located on one of the highest hilltops in the area with spectacular views and sunsets. This non-working farm is situated on 45+ acres which is 5 miles (8 KM) outside of Monte San Savino, We are in a picturesque area of Tuscany and it is a soul nourishing retreat. .
• The bed can be arranged as an oversize double or separately as two twin beds. Airy room with screens on windows and door -- NO A/C. There is a bathroom with a toilet and a shower.
• A small refrigerator, hot water kettle, coffee maker and toaster are provided but NO cooking facilities. However, you can buy already cooked entrees and other meal selections from several grocery stores and shops or take-out/take-away from restaurants in and around Monte San Savino.
• The local commuter train station is located 6.5 miles from the Guest Cottage and is 18 miles from the Arezzo train station (with Inter-city and regional train service) where one can catch a train to Florence/Firenze (north), Rome/Roma (south), Perugia (east) or elsewhere.
• A (rental) car or motorcycle is required to reach us at the Podere Covivole Guest Cottage. Major car rental agencies are available in Arezzo and are close to the Arezzo train station.
• By car (approximate distances), Siena is 20 miles away, Perugia is 40 miles away, Assisi is 55 miles away. Guests have driven to the beaches on either the West Coast (province of Grosseto) of Tuscany or East Coast (Fano in the region of the Marche) of Italy.
• Outlets (individual stores or centers) are close by: Prada Factory Outlet AKA I Pellettieri d'Italia, THE | MALL, PRATESI FACTORY STORES (men and women's shoes) and the Valdichiana Outlet Village. McArthurGlen Barberino Outlet which is another outlet center is just north of Firenze/Florence, direction Bolgona
• Directions available to Guest Cottage in English/Italian
• Other amenities:
==> "FREE" access to Internet via wireless LAN link or wired connection in farmhouse
==> Access to a Weber outdoor charcoal grill on the terrace
==> Hiking trails on property
==> Close by is the SENTIERO DELLA BONIFICA, a biking, hiking and walking trail
==> Access to terrace to view stunning sunsets and spectacular views
==> Outdoor table and chairs on the terrace and outside of the Guest Cottage
==> (2) thermal spas are less than 30 minutes away, one with an outdoor pool
==> Bicycle rentals (mountain bikes or 10/12 speed bikes) available in town
• PLEASE NOTE: There is an additional heating supplement when used.
We had an amazing stay at Ben and Marthas. They are SO nice and the little stone hut in their back yard is one of the nicest places to stay in Toscany. They were so nice and on the first day served antipasti and breakfast the next day. We will definitely recommend this place to everybody who wants to live in the countryside, away from all the noise and only surrounded by the most beautiful nature you can imagine.
This is a charming and comfortable cottage with the most amazing hosts ever! They started taking care of us before we arrived with emails and blogs full of information about Italy and especially Tuscany. If like me you don't mind driving twisty-turny Italian country roads to get here, you won't be disappointed. It is a peaceful place.
We loved our stay in Tuscany! The best part wasn't the beautiful, charming cottage, or even the delicious food & wine that Ben & Martha prepared for us when we arrived, or the well stocked frige, filled with fruit, wine, juice & water but it was the pleasure of getting to know 2 wonderful people. They were a pleasure to meet. We strongly recommend visiting them & there beautiful home.
My boyfriend and I stayed with Ben and Martha for three nights while exploring Tuscany. They were truly amazing hosts who went out of their way to make sure we had a fantastic time, providing us with advice and information before and during our trip. Their guest house is an excellent base from which to visit the hill towns of Tuscany. Ben and Martha greeted us with a delicious selection of antipasti and wines, and they provided a variety of local fruits, cheeses, pastries, and breads for breakfast. They were a pleasure to talk to, and we really enjoyed our conversations with them. They took us to a sagra, a food festival, in a nearby town featuring wild boar, and also arranged for us to visit a local winery with their friends. The guest house is separate from the main house, so you can be comfortable coming and going as you please. From the property, there are beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. We also loved the dog and cat! We highly, highly recommend staying with Ben and Martha for your next trip to Tuscany.
We had a marvelous stay with Ben & Martha!
Not only did they welcome us with warmth, they gave us great advice as to where to go and when, with detailed maps and timelines. They served us breakfast every morning, even the day we left, early in the morning they packed us a to go breakfast.
We enjoyed rose and refreshments in the evenings with them on a couple occasions and one special night they invited us out amongst a group of their friends to a festival of good food and wine in a nearby village. Our stay couldn't have been sweeter.
Thank you Ben & Martha
Dmitry and Charlotte
Ps thank you Neroni & Elizabetha
Ben & Martha were super hosts - we could feel their warmth and friendliness right off when we were exchanging emails before our stay. Ben took the trouble of speaking with us on (website hidden) to further explain all necessary details re: getting to the guesthouse, what we could do, essentials for traveling around the area and a whole lot more.
The experience we had with them puts many professional run guesthouses/b&bs to shame. They were thorough and welcoming right off from when we entered the yard and parking our car next to theirs. Loved everything about the guesthouses including their very friendly pets which we also miss dearly!
We cannot thank them enough for everything from the detailed maps, to meal suggestions, breakfast, sunsets and it's really hard writing this because we miss Ben & Martha's hospitality and the place so much!
Would love to be there again soon hopefully!
Alvin & Martina
My husband and I loved staying with Ben and Missy. They greeted us with a wonderful plate of local farm fresh foods and cheeses. We also really enjoyed the view from their farm. We loved having breakfast in their kitchen every morning and it was a delight to get to know them better. One of the most interesting parts of our trip was joining them for a mushroom festival. It was such an authentic taste of Italy. Thank you for a delightful stay!
What an entirely delightful time spent in the very comfortable guest house. The host's hospitality is outstanding. They're thoughtful, kind-hearted and accommodating. I felt cared for just knowing they'd find the directions, give the inside scoop of the roads, traffic, etc and do what they can to make your time their less stressful and more enjoyable for all. I treasure the guest house space, the views, wonderful hot showers, the atmosphere of the region. I will call Ben and Martha first for use of the guest house should I be in Tuscany another time.
we loved staying with ben and martha! they are excellent hosts! the first night they gave us a delicious spread of tuscan salads and meats and bubbly red wine (which we've never had before!). they also left a much-appreciated bottle of wine in the cottage for us - delish. the first night they also drove us to a festival/carnival in a local town where we had amazing steak and duck and wine for next to nothing. we also saw the locals couple-dance to the local band -- really amazing. for our stay, ben and martha gave us a book of wonderful directions and a map of the area so we could find our way around the hill towns. on their recommendation we went to a local hill town that was having a 'back in time' festival and we ate the most amazing food - the best on our two week trip through italy! ben and martha also recommended a winery tour in montalcino that was great! the breakfasts we had every morning in the main house were wonderful! we cant say enough great things about our stay! thank you so much ben and martha for making our trip sooo great!!!! as lots of other reviewers have said, it was like staying with family! we hope to see you soon! ciao!!!!
Our time with Ben & Martha was truly memorable and gave us a genuine Tuscan experience. Their welcome on our first night was intimate and so enjoyable. They were very helpful with a couple of our logistic needs and were just excellent hosts.
We were blessed to be able to share their 4th anniversery celebration with their friends, with a meal under the stars.
The guest house is private and comfortable and the view is priceless.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT