At 650m of altitude, in the high Corbières, in full nature, between meadows and forests, sources, and waterfalls, is nestled the peaceful, green, small village of Fourtou.
Approximately thirty people and all animals of the farm are involved in the life of the village.
In a former hostel from the beginning of the 19th renovated in a mixture of world traditions and modernity: we offer you our 4 bedrooms: 2 double, 2 twin.
Our guest house welcomes you all year:
* 40 to 50 Euros a night for 2 persons (linen included).
* 20 Euros a night for 1 child under 15 years old (linens included).
* Breakfast 5 Euros (breads, buns and jams are homemade)
* Possibilities picnic (5 euro per person) and evening meals (between 8 and 15 Euros) on request.
The large lounge on the 1st floor opens to a garden/terrace, completely closed where it is also possible to have your meals. You'll also have access to another Indian style lounge/indoor garden where you can read or relax in a quiet green and aquatic environment.
The meals will allow you to taste the local products (red fruits, vegetables, eggs, meat of the local ranchers ... ).
High-speed Internet. Free Wifi.
Equestrian Home possible.
On the spot:
- connection to networks equestrian and hiking trails, rivers, all nature sports, walk to waterfalls, Col of Paradise, Salted spring and the salt route, feeding ground of vultures.
- organic garden (gardening, gathering, jams and preserves to carry out) and local products (red fruits, vegetables, eggs, meat of local cattlemen on command ... )
- possibilities of promenade with donkeys
- courses of Indian dance and yoga-stretching, indian African and latin percussion on booking.
- caving, climbing.
In the vicinity:
- spa resort of Rennes-les-Bains 12 k
- lake of Arques 11 km
- Bugarach 12km
- Carcassonne, Narbonne and Perpignan 70 km
- Rennes-le-Château, Fountain of the Amours, Gorges of Termes and de Galamus, Cathar castles, domains, and wine cellars, many music festivals ...
- First beaches at 1 h 15
- Andorra at 2h.
Fourtou is a very quiet little village, you will bump into sheep, cows, donkeys, chickens and goats!
There are many points of bathing. In Fourtou itself you will find many small creeks to soak and flounder. It is also very nice to swim in the lake of Arques where there is the soft green shoreline (picnic ... , 15mn by car from the Col of Paradise), as well as to Rennes les Bains (hot springs, bathes, river ... )
The green tourism occupies a very important place. Many paths for hiking and biking, horse riding and mountain biking, one, from the Pass de la Fage, leads you toward the Bernous where you will discover a remarkable panorama on the Peak of Bugarach and the chain of the Pyrenees.
Orientation trails you will bring in pleasant and relaxing landscapes where you will find the vestiges of the ancient activities (coal mines, tuxedo ... ) concealed within a vegetation combining Mediterranean and Atlantic species.
The major part of the department is under the influence of the Mediterranean climate. In spite of everything, the department is characterised by a great diversity of landscapes of the Mediterranean to the Pyrenees. Thus, you will discover the medieval castles, testimony of the Cathar epic, the abbeys and cloisters novels, but also the medieval city of Carcassonne, Narbonne the Roman, the prehistoric caves, great wines and gastronomy audoise.
Guests can enjoy all the activities of full nature, in grandiose natural sceneries. (Hiking, water sports, cycling or mountain biking, cave ... )
Ideal walkers, nature lovers, children. But also pensions, residences of artists, musicians welcome!.
I loved my visit in this small mountain village! So silent and peaceful! The only sound comes from the cow bells and distance donkeys. And the old man in a traktor going in to the woods cutting some wood for the winter. And the hosts are the best!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.