About this listing
Modern Apartment in Historic District, great location! All the main downtown attractions are located few minutes by walking. 2br 2ba Full equipped. Located less than 100 mts from Alameda Central, 1.5km from Main Square (Zoc and Cathedral.
The distribution is:
- Main room has its own bathroom and a double bed.
- The second room has also a double bed.
- There is one full bathroom in the living room.
- The living room has two sofa beds: the first one turns into a double bed and the second one into a small twin bed (more suitable for a child under 12).
- Kitchenware and appliances
- TV (with cable)
- Wi-Fi (exclusive for the apartment)
- One smart phone on a very good prepaid plan, so you only have to add credit to to use it as phone or to have internet on it. (aprox 8 us cents per minute to Mexico, US or Canada). Also, y texting 3DIAS to number 100, you can use your credit to have 3 days if internet for about 2.5USD. I also loaded useful numbers like taxis, embassy, police, and others
- Parking for one car in the buildings parking lot (at no extra cost)
- I recently (October 2013)bought a portable air conditioning unit (also works as heather) with 12,000 BTUs. You only have to place the hose outside the window. You can use it in the living room or move it to a bedroom. While the weather in Mexico City is not extreme, some people just can't live without it.
ABOUT THE BUILDING:
- 24x7 doorman and security personnel
- Fully equipped gym with personal trainer
- Four lobby areas, all with Wi-Fi
- Children Playground
- Indoor pool (best suited for laps)
- Outdoor garden
- Roof garden
- A small movie theatre that you can reserve
- Two Business Centers that you can reserve
- Laundry and Cleaner Service
Interaction with Guests
Thanks for reading about my place. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, I know the city very well, specially all the cultural and historical places.
The list of museums and historical places is endless. Only in historical district (centro historico) you could be one week visiting museum after museum without finishing.
ABOUT THE AREA
The apartment is a new award winning building project form 2006, this complex is part of a re-development area that includes the Hilton Hotel, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Tolerance Museum and the Alameda Shopping and Restaurant Plaza. The building is half block away from the Alameda Park, that was deeply renovated and re-opened last February 2013.
Going west, 5 blocks away, Reforma Avenue can be reached, with Hotels, Banks, restaurants an corporate buildings. With a stop nearby, you can take the double-decker bus service that makes a circuit form the Historic Center, Reforma, Chapultepec Park and into trendy neighborhoods, like Condesa, Roma and Polanco.
Going east, 4 blocks away visitor can experience Mexico´s Past by touring the Historic District, known of it´s beautiful buildings from 17th, 18tn and 19th century, the Opera House (Bellas Artes), the Central Plaza (Zócalo) with its Cathedral, and the Aztec Arqueological Site and museum (Templo Mayor). Also the Madero Pedestrian Street with the Sanborns de los Azulejos Building, the Torre Latinoamericana. The amount of museums and historic places is endless. Also at a short walk you can go to Palacio de HIerro, Liverpool and Sears department stores.
Saturday nights and Sunday mornings, Reforma and Juarez Avenues are closed for cars and opened for bikes and pedestrians, best time to enjoy a walk on the city.
Juárez, Salto del Agua, Bellas Artes and hidalgo subway stations are very close.
Other Things to Note
Check in time. 16-20 hrs
Check out time: 9 - 12hrs
If you need something different, please let me know! It could has an extra cost. (40 usd)
You will have to observe the condo rules, simple stuff, no noise and consideration with the neighbors, it is a family building. Also, to use the pool you need a swim cap.
About the Host, Gonzalo & Sandra
I am from Mexico City, but I am living now in NYC while studying a master degree in Music Performance (Piano). While I come back, I rent my place on airbnbn. A friend of mine manages the property making sure everything goes well with my guests.
I like Mexico City very much, and I know every single thing to do and see there, specially historical places and museum. I like to analyze and understand how the city has taken it's current shape, leaving traces of the past if you are curious enough..