Modern 1 BR in Recoleta with WiFi 10mb
Street: Santa Fé Av. and Junin (400mts away from subway)
Floor: 2nd (face inside the block, no street noise at all)
Size: 500 square feet (46 square Meters)
Maximum occupancy: 3 adults (a double bed and an additional mattress)
No Smoking Inside (allowed in the balcony)
Modern, new, clean and comfortable one room apartment.
In one of the most elegant Avenues in Buenos Aires but still three blocks away from the subway and 8 to reach the centre. Plenty of Restaurants, Bars, Book Shops (El Ateneo one block away), Cinemas, Museums and Shopping Centers.
An impeccable kitchen is fully equipped: Fully stocked with Microwave, oven, cookware, serving ware, utensils, toaster, blender, water filter (you don't need to buy expensive bottled water).
Separate Laundry Room with new washer/dryer.
The living room has a comfortable sofa, 4 chairs dinning table, an air conditioner, a Samsung LCD TV 32" with full digital cable TV programming, Sound System with DVD/CD/MP3.
Bedroom with queen size bed with a premium mattress and generous closet space.
Everything in the bathroom is new, modern and spotlessly clean.
Nice Balcony full of plants and flowers.
. High Speed WiFi Internet
. Cable TV
. Cell Phone
No Extra fees!
You rent from the owner, directly.
Perfect apartment for vacation, business or studying, located in one of the best areas of Buenos Aires.
Special note about the place: This place was bought and remodeled by me. This was my home for two years so it is not decorated just to impress the temporal visitor. It's a functional place and beautiful place in a great area of the city where you wouldn't mind to stay several months if you had to.
*reservation deposit required
*reservations confirmed within 24 hours
Everything except two closets that are locked and have my stuff. You have plenty of space for your stuff too. If you need more space, let me know.
I am always online, so I usually reply emails in two hours maximum. You can also call me to my phone or send me a whats app message to my argentine number. I travel a lot but you will be able to find me always in one of my phones.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$320 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$980 /month|
My friend and I spent 6 nights at Danilo's apartment on Av Santa Fe. The apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, a washing machine and separate living/sleeping spaces. The location is great for seeing many of the attractions in BA, though the street is more commercial than quaint. All amenities close by with 2 grocery stores within 2 blocks and catching a cab outside is very easy. The little patio is a nice place to relax and enjoy some delicious Argentine wine.
Overall we had a positive experience with Danilo. When we arrived we did have some trouble getting into the apartment and had to wait outside for 20 minutes or so for his parents to let us in - not a huge deal, but not what we wanted after 24 hours of travel. That said, he did let us check in early so the delay is understandable.
One other thing to mention is that the A/C is located only in the living room. We visited during the hottest time of year and were rather warm sleeping as the cold air from the A/C didn't reach into the bedroom, even with the door wide open.
As other reviewers mentioned, Danilo is very responsive to email and messages back promptly.
Fiquei hospedada no apartamento de Danilo de 02/01 a 12/01. Nossa viagem não poderia ter sido melhor. O apartamento é grande, conta com tudo que é necessário para se sentir um verdadeiro porteño. Sua localização é perfeita, tendo rápido acesso a lojas, restaurantes, supermercados, pontos turísticos (Ótima e agradável caminhada ao cemitério da Recoleta e seus arredores se tornou nossa rotina) e todos os tipos de transportes para a linda Buenos Aires. O único problema que tivemos foi que por 2 dias fomos acordados bem cedo pelos vizinhos do andar de baixo (no primeiro dia por uma seleção "boa", porem um pouco fora de horário, de músicas e no segundo por uma obra que realmente nos tirou da cama muito cedo e não nos deixou retornar depois). Mas não podíamos controlar isso... muito menos o Danilo. Indicamos a todos o Pertutti, restaurante em frente ao apartamento, que nos salvou com seus maravilhosos desayunos e refeições bem servidas e de bom custo-benefício. Além disso ainda aceitavam pagamento em dólar e real, com uma cotação paralela maravilhosa (conseguimos o real por 4 pesos e o dólar por 10,80 pesos). No final das contas foi um experiência (website hidden) e meu namorado amamos e se pudéssemos, teríamos ficado mais 1 mês! :D
Recomendo a todos.
Danilo's apartment was great. We spent 10 days and everything went fine. Danilo is very responsive and was there to fix any issues if we had any. The apartment is very well located in a nice neighbourhood near the subway and walking distance of several places,touristic suits and restaurants/cafes. The apartment is welld though I think some things could do with updating,maybe e towels and sofa. Everything worked, it was great for us to have the use of washing machine and fully equipped kitchen. Thanks again to Danilo!
This apartment is very stylish and in perfect location. Danilo himself is a great host and extremely helpful! Great value for your money.
Danilo's apartment is terrific, and he was a great host, too. He was always very responsive (in fact, that's one of the main reasons I ended up taking this apartment, because he was the first of among a dozen people to get back to me when I sent an inquiry). When I arrived, there was fresh fruit on the table and juice in the refrigerator. He helped me with directions, currency exchange issues, etc. And the location is perfect, on Santa Fe in the heart of the city. The only "glitch" was that there was no telephone in the apartment, which meant I had to use my personal cell phone for all calls and that I couldn't use my firm's telephone calling card for business calls.
We stayed at Danilo's apt for one month in Oct/Nov 2013 and he was a wonderful host. He met us at the apt as scheduled and had fruit/juice for us. We discussed appliance usage, currency, tips for getting around, local attractions, etc. His English was very good. He made us feel at home. Since we were staying for the month, the usage of kitchen(all the utensils you need/nice new big frig) and washer/dryer(they're one machine in Argentina) in apt was great. You'll love the large TV with many, some in English, stations. The bed is great, as it's not 2 smaller beds put together. I don't think you can beat the location, as being on Sante Fe Ave made it super easy to go anywhere in this safe area. It's not a super wide street, so crossing was not difficult at all. We only needed to use the a/c a few times and it worked great. Never needed heat. There are 2 good elevators in the building & one next to our door. However, you will not hear any noise from it. Since we were on the floor 2, we always used the stairway, except when carrying luggage on first/last days. With all the wonderful food, we needed the exercise. With the apt being on the rear, you will not hear any street noise. We were able to exchange our dollars for pesos at the blue market rate. At the time of our stay, this black market rate was 9.3+ pesos for each of dollar. If you go to the bank or exchange houses, you might be lucky to get 6:1. These rates fluctuate, but blue rate rate is always better. (website hidden) it for info/current rate. So, BA was very reasonable for our stay. Danilo is available to help anytime and makes you feel comfortable.Thanks Danilo, as we had a wonderful time in Argentina!
I stayed about six weeks in Danilo's apartment in Buenos Aires. It turned out to be a great home away from home and had all the amenities for a longer term stay.
The apartment was exactly as in the photos - and as the subtitle to the bed stated it was indeed nice and comfy! Facing out the back of the building kept the apartment quiet despite being in a bustling area of Recoleta.
The very fast Wifi was perfect to stay in touch with the rest of the world.
Overall, I had a great stay!
Todo perfecto y tal como esperabamos. El departamento era identico a las fotos, muy calido y en una excelente ubicacion. Altamente recomendable!!!
We found Danillo’s place pleasant and in our desired location. He responded back right away to our request and welcomed us to Buenos Aires. When we arrived, our check in was delayed a few time due to complications. We ended up spending 4 hours killing time after our travel, which was not ideal. Through all of this, we found Danillo to be a nice person, and kind for giving us the place in such a short notice.
The apartment is just as shown in the photos. It is in a great location, surrounded by various transit systems and all the shops you will need. The apartment is on the backside of the road, so sheltered from the street noise, a nice option indeed! The apartment has more than ample sunlight. The bed is very comfortable and the shower is hot and nice pressure.
The only cons and recommendations: The pots and pans are in pretty bad shape. All three pots are shedding teflon and it is not a good seasoning to add to your dish. The spoons and forks are aged, several are broken from the handle. The couch was not so comfortable; it is small, sags, hard and rough on the back for sure.
During our stay, we experienced a ten day span of chaos from the upstairs neighbor. I asked Danillo for a fan to help decrease the noise while sleeping. He said that he would look around but we never got the fan. With the help of Danillo, police and other neighbors, the noise ceased.
We were told that a maid would come on the second Wednesday but she never came. After a week or so of waiting, we put on gloves and gave the place a good scrubbing ourselves. Danillo told us that he would notify us and reimburse us the cleaning fee once he returned from his business trip on Tues and we have yet to hear from him and it’s now Saturday….
Also, we had a bit of confusion with the price. I booked this apartment in a rush and saw the total $1398. According to the price on Danillo’s written description, the apartment was $950, so I figured the total of $1398 was the rent and $300 deposit totaled. He later told me that the information was dated and he would fix it right away, but the rent was actually $1398, he said that he added an extra $100 due to Easter taking place this month. So, over all I paid $1529 with arbnb’s fees and rent. However, this is something I should had sorted out before hand but did not have time.
In a nutshell: I personally feel that for the price paid, it lacked in quality, organization and communication. We all expect to get what we pay for at the end.
I loved to have you here Cesar, and thanks for your feedback. It surely help me understand how to create the best possible experience for visitors. I would like answer a few things:
1) Delay to check in: I'm so sorry about this. I was about to paint the whole apartment the day you book it. And the fact that you were willing to move the next day because you were having issues in the previous country you were in, made things difficult. Under other conditions, I don't have issues in receiving last minute visitors, I always did.
2) shower (you don't mention this, but I noticed the shower is a bit eroded, I'm replacing it for a new one.
3) Pots and Pans: I used to take good care of the teflon. They are worn out because people tend to use metal spoons with them. You are right, I didn't noticed how bad they were. I am replacing them.
4) Spoons and forks, replaced too now.
5) Sofa: This is used to be very comfortable sofa. I noticed the cushion was loosing feathers. I am planning to add new cushions in the short term and probably replacing it entirely for a bed sofa.
6) Noises upstairs: I'm afraid neither me nor previous guests in the last three years had any issues with upstairs neighbors. I'm so sorry you had to experience this but it seems that this was a temporal issue. One notice about this: living in a building with many apartments make it possible that from time to time you have noises from neighbors. As in any building, we have rules to prevent this. If you have told me about this noises just the first day, we could have done something about it right away. I'm sure you remember, the day you called me and explained what happen, I talked the administration and they stopped the noise. I've been living at the apartment for almost one week now and no noises at all, not even on friday or saturday.
7) Cleaning: the maid got sick and I wasn't able to replace her during that week, I am sorry for this. As I said, I am reimbursing you for those costs that were included in the price.
8) Price: As you said, the standard price was stated in the description. Although this had a good purpose I understand it could have led to a misunderstading when you are booking on special days when a special rate apply. The rate for the days you were booking were correctly configured in Airbnb offer and you had to accept it before booking. I think you should talk to airbnb if you think this wasn't shown as clearly as it should by their system.
9) Lack of Communication? I answered all your messages and calls (some days more than 3 in a day) even when I was on my business trip abroad, during day and night. I answer emails in no more than 4 hours and my mobile phone is always open to receive calls from guests 24/7.
10) I guess the last day you probably watered to much the plants as the wooden floor was full of water. i didn't notice this before giving you the deposit back because I wasn't in BA. Repairing the floor is costing me 200USD at least. I'm sure you haven't done this on purpose but it is an example to show you that there were also unexpected costs for me for your stay. I'm ok with this because it is part of the risk I am assuming when I rent the place to someone else.
Bottom Line: I am addressing all the quality concerns you state here and more you don't even mention. As I said I am commited to provide the best possible experience to my guests. Your feedback helped me a lot.
My stay in Danilo's apartment was incredible. When i arrived Danilo's brother Guido and his girlfriend Jesica checked me in and they were very nice and so helpful, they spoke excelent english. They gave me ton's of information about Buenos Aires and left me with maps and books. The apartment was very comfortable and the location was the most convenient. Any questions i had were answered very quickly by phone or email, i plan on going to Benos Aires again and would love to rent this apartment again, my whole experience was very positive. I didn't get to meet Danilo because he was out of town but i did speak to him by phone and email he is very thoughtful and cares about his guests. I would highly recommend this apartment to anyone.
Thank you Danilo.