About this listing
You're invited to my cosy artist-apartment, to relax from the vibrating life just in front of the house. The mixture of the old real Berlin and modern influences make a true Berlin experience close to the center yet just off the major tourist streams
You'll find the apartment with all you need like high speed Wifi, washing machine, dishwasher, towels, bed linen,…
Perhaps unusual is the high bed!! The high ceilings are typical for houses older than 100 years in Berlin and they offer plenty of room both above and under the bed, It is installed stable in the walls and a beautiful heirloom.
There is also a high quality sleeping sofa. You can also choose to sleep here (queen size) and enjoy a high class mattress.
A short walk from here is where John F. Kennedy said 'Ich bin ein Berliner' and I am sure you will like it, too!
The kitchen in a separate room has everything you need to also be able to cook at home. (Even though you might be tempted to choose one of the many delicious and good priced restaurants around...)
Have a good time, enjoy the BENEFITS, but also respect the limitations and NO-GOES:
Please be careful with my apartment, my belongings and my neighbors!
- No Smoking! This is taken very seriously as there is allergy sufferers around. Smoking out of the window is not an option. Smoking in the Patio is not an option as smoke will enter the other apartments through their windows. Smoking is possible only on the Street! So you will have to leave the house to smoke if you like. The area is nice and why not explore it while smoking?
- Loudness: This is a place in the middle of a vivid area in one of the world's most vivid places. But itself it is a quiet place. If you want to party, please leave the house and you will find hundreds of opportunities only minutes away. If you want to listen to music, that's of course fine, but please always mind the neighbors. It is a very old house( built 1896) and so loud music, especially bass finds it's way to the neighbors easily. And it is Germany after all, when it comes to residing we just don't have a mediterranean temper...
- Take care! There is a high-sleeper bed. I understand that when you arrive for the first time you might get all excited - but please be careful, and check the apartment out first and make sure you protect yourself and my belongings, too.
- Liability. In the end it's simple: I am not responsible for any injuries, any loss or any damage of your belongings, and you are responsible for all the injuries, all the losses and everything that breaks of your or my belongings. So basically you are responsible for anything. If I stay at your place it will be the same the other way around.
- Contact. Please be in contact. This is not a hotel, it's a home. It is my apartment and I really like it. I let you have it for a while because I trust you. Ask questions, let me help you, be my guest, not someone who payed for an anonymous hotel room, but someone who is a guest and that will treat me and my things with respect and interest and wants to be treated that way, too.
Any problem - let me know BEFORE trying to solve it yourself!
- Cleaning. Please leave the apartment the way you have found it when you arrived. There is a cleaning after every guest, paying a cleaning fee does not mean that I will clean your dishes or tidy up after you :-) Not anyone has ever done that - but I have heard other tell me this.
- Recommendations. There is two places to leave recommendations:
1. Inside the apartment. I have a collection on the wall in my apartment and I ask every guest to write a recommendation of a place that he has visited or found useful when staying in my apartment. Please sign it with your name and date!
2. On airbnb. Reviews on the website are essential for me as a host. Only with good reviews I can be sure my listing will show in the search results of other guests. I am no big player with 20 to 40 apartments, I only have this one. And so I put all my energy in my guests here, and my reviews so far reflect that. In order to stay a super host I need 5-star ratings. I politely ask guests to consider helping me in that task. I assure every guest that I will write a review for them after their stay!
- Extra-Fee for early or late check-in. Sometimes guests arrive very late or early. If it means I can not rent the place to someone else because that other guests would have to check out very early to make room for the new guest, I will consider an extra fee for the lost night, as I can not rent it out to someone then. An alternative is that the new guest will have to wait and break fast while the other guest has time to wake up and check out. SO far it has always worked out smoothly.
In case a guest wants to check in late, I might take an extra fee. In that case it might be necessary for me to come to the apartment twice - one time for preparation earlier during the day and another time for check-in late evening. I will generally try to do without any extra-fee because it is mire fun for everyone, still I expect my guests to understand that I am not a 24/7 hotel :-) and if they do we can talk about everything and decide mutually.
If you have questions - there can never be too much communication. Ask me!
Jeder Gast versteht und ist ausdrücklich damit einverstanden, dass er für alle Schäden selbst verantwortlich ist. Für Schäden an sich selbst ist eine Haftung meinerseits ausgeschlossen, und sämtliche Schäden oder Verluste an Wohnung und Einrichtung, die der Gast selbst oder durch von ihm eingeladenen Personen (auch indirekt) zu verantworten hat, wird er mir erstatten. Ich bitte jeden Gast zu seiner eigenen Sicherheit die Wohnung genau zu erkunden und ggf. Fragen zu stellen. Dies ist kein Hotel, sondern die Überlassung meiner privaten eigenen Unterkunft in der Zeit in der ich nicht da bin. Jeder Gast hat das Privileg, aber auch die Verantwortung de Wohnung so zu benutzen als würde ich sie benutzen. Insbesondere im Umgang mit meinem Eigentum, mit Ruhe, mit Freundlichkeit und Aufmerksamkeit den Nachbarn gegenüber hat er alles zu unternehmen um mich so gut wie möglich zu vertreten. Ausreichender Kontakt im Vorfeld und während des Aufenthalts per telefon und email/über airbnb ist dafür nötig.
From Dec 23 - 28, 2015 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
About the Host, Tobias
I am an Artist based in Berlin. I am letting this place in which I used to live for a long time. I changed it a litte, but I still kept a lot just the way I used to like it when I was living there. Berlin was the place I always wanted to got to and as soon as I was old enough to do so, I came, and stayed for over eleven years now.
I hope you will like the city!