I take pride in my one bedroom garden apt, located on the ground level of a 3 story single family brownstone row home. I make sure each guest feels properly at home! The neighborhood has great food, friendly people, and offers easy access in and out of Manhattan.
Right in the heart of Fort Greene, you are steps away from the restaurants, cafes, theaters, etc... in undoubtedly the hottest neighborhood in Brooklyn right now.
It is a very friendly, safe, and charming neighborhood. The apartment's location makes it easy to get in and out of Manhattan through public transit or by car, and also is convenient to Williamsburg, Park Slope, and Carroll Gardens.
I want you to feel comfortable in my home. I have a fully stocked kitchen with enough room for two to cook AND eat in (what a concept for new york!). There is a coffee maker as well with fresh ground coffee. Unfortunately, the washer/dryer does not work.
The bed has a comfortable pillow top mattress and high quality linens. There is closet space for your coats with hangers in the hallway. There is a couch/futon in the living room which has the option of pulling out into a flat bed. This can comfortably sleep one person. There is a small but cute desk in the bedroom if you'd like to work on your laptop.
I have high speed wifi and my HD projector is attached to an AppleTV. I do not have cable TV or a DVD player.
There are multiple CitiBike stations within 3 blocks of the apartment. You can rent bikes by the hour/day/week. It's a great way to see Brooklyn and Manhattan!
Nearby fun neighborhood stuff includes:
Baba Cool Cafe - 1 block away
Fort Greene Park - 1 block away
Farmers Market - 2 blocks away (Sat only)
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) - 3 blocks away
Barclays Center - 4 blocks away
Habana Outpost (best mojitos in Brooklyn!) - 1 block away
Crunch Gym - 4 blocks away
Dekalb and Ashland Markets - 4 and 7 blocks away
BRIC House for the Arts - 5 blocks away
Shakespeare Center - 4 blocks away
I am right off the C and G subways, and 4 blocks from the B/D, Q/N/R, 2/3, 4/5 subways and the Long Island Rail Road. You can be in lower Manhattan in 15 minutes. Getting to JFK is easy through the LIRR.
Because this apartment is a brownstone in the heart of Brooklyn, there are factors you should consider before renting:
- My bedroom does face an active city street and bus stop which can get noisy with city buses and cars. If you consider yourself a light sleeper, you may want to think twice. Anybody accustomed to mild city living would most likely not be bothered.
- Cell phone reception in the apartment is extremely poor. AT&T is almost non-existent. Verizon is spotty at best. T-Mobile works well. You can get reception by the windows with most providers.
- Because the apartment is not outfitted to be child safe, we ask that no children under 6 years old accompany you during your stay.
- I love pets more than anybody, but unfortunately, my landlord asks not to have them in the apartment.
- Although the pictures depict an extremely well lit space, this is more a tribute to the Airbnb photographer who shot the apartment. It can be rather dark in my apartment at times although natural light is not nonexistent. With that said, the lighting has been well thought out and is equipped with full Philips Hue Wifi lighting system for maximum effect.
There is a great backyard to sit out and have evening drinks. The backyard is shared with my landlord, who lives above me and maintains it. Because of this, we have access to only the area underneath the porch, not the area with the benches...
Interaction with guests
I usually get a chance to meet my guests, but not always. You will most likely be on your own during your stay, however, if you want to grab a drink or a bite to eat, I would love that.
Please, absolutely no smoking or pets during your stay.
Unfortunately, landlord would prefer no children under the age of 5 due to the fact the apartment is not child-proof.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I try to travel to two new countries a year...I live in Brooklyn in the amazing Fort Greene neighborhood and work as a motion artist.....I am a very respectful and easy going guy. I love hopping in a car and getting lost (planned or unplanned)....Very simple formula for enjoying my vacations: some wine, a recommendation, and a scooter....
If you get a chance to stay at my place, I welcome you to this beautiful area of Brooklyn. For all my potential hosts, I won't be there much, but hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you and say hello....