About this listing
Our highly-rated sunny guest room features a double bed and en suite bath. Perfect location for Washington Convention and Verizon Center events and DC visitors. Includes nearly everything you need for a perfect visit, including self-serve breakfast.
PLEASE READ ENTIRE LISTING BEFORE ENQUIRING
Highly-rated and centrally located in Shaw in downtown NW Washington DC, our sunny 2nd floor guest room features a double bed and en suite bath. Our 2-condo row house is on a quiet, residential area, located close to the Metro (subway), major transit and DC Capital Bikeshare stations.
Convenient for Washington Convention and Verizon Center events and DC visitors. Our home is walking distance or short ride to:
• Shaw-Howard U Metro (Green/Yellow lines; 4 blocks)
• Washington Convention Center (7 blocks)
• Verizon Center (12 blocks)
• U Street and Adams Morgan night life
• Logan Circle/14th Street "Restaurant Row" area
• Chinatown/Penn Quarter area
• Union Station, US Capitol, National Mall Smithsonian Museums
• Reagan National Airport (short Metro or about $25 cab ride)
Your room features a double/full size bed with fresh linens; a 32" LCD cable HDTV; DVD player; Wi-Fi internet access; large desk with connections to LCD monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers and web camera; alarm clock with sound machine; windows with blackout blinds; iron and ironing board; and a house phone for free USA calls. Upon advance request, we also can provide use of an old laptop in case you aren't traveling with one. The en suite bath has a Jacuzzi bathtub/shower with fresh towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer, etc. provided. You'll have access to the washer/dryer and use* of the kitchen. (*Food allergies so ethnic cooking may not be possible.) Fruits, cereal, bread, tea and coffee will be available for self-serve breakfast.
Our location is rated "Walker's Paradise" (94 Walk Score), "Excellent Transit" (84 Transit Score) and "Biker's Paradise" (95 Bike Score). Limited and strict street parking only, and no parking garage nearby.
We are a married couple who work and love living in DC. We share our home with our friendly, goofy, well-mannered Standard Poodle (large dog). We'd be pleased to offer advice/suggestions on where to go, what to see and what's currently going on.
1) Complete your profile information and include a clear, recent photograph of yourself. Please look elsewhere if this makes you uncomfortable.
2) Tell us about yourself and your stay needs and expectations--what brings you to DC, your background, work, etc.
3) Be advised that we may ask to see and copy your ID or passport when you check in.
4) NO SMOKING allowed.
We may ask to see and copy your ID or passport.
Completely close the front glass door after you come in or leave the house.
Lock the top, round, front door lock when you are in for the evening.
No people-food for our dog, no matter how cute he looks.
NO SMOKING allowed. If smoking outside, move at least 25 feet/8 meters away from the house, and throw your (unlit) cigarette butts in a trash can.