Rates include 14.5% DC tax and continental breakfast. An add-on dinner option is available for $13/night or $17/night with wine. You will also have refrigerator and cupboard space in the kitchen should you want to pick up some groceries. Housekeeping service twice monthly on Mondays is also included.
Queen Anne, a Bed & Breakfast for one or two guests. Two rooms available each with a twin bed. In general we take just one guest at a time or we can take two friends, family members or colleagues traveling together.
This gorgeous, dignified four story 1891 Queen Anne Victorian house welcomes the discerning traveler back to a different era with its sturdy oak porches, patio, and a large garden. Tastefully decorated with a blend of antique and contemporary furnishings, the Queen Anne exudes the charm and grace of a house recognized on the Historic Register, while accommodating the traveler with modern amenities. The perfect blend of mid-Atlantic Victorian architecture and a NW DC location makes this a truly, truly special place to stay. The children are grown and have all moved on so a lovely second floor room and full bath is available to Washington visitors fortunate enough to happen upon our listing.
Walk to restaurants, cafes, library, Metro Bus, supermarket, post office, stores and banks.
Easy access to the Park and Recreation Center, Capital Crescent Bike Trail, Fletcher’s Boat House and the C&O canal towpath.
Bright, sunny Northeast facing room with high ceilings and large windows overlooking the garden. This lovely room is furnished with a charming antique wrought-iron twin bed with abundant throw pillows an a north east facing bow window. An office is available for your use as well.
The guest bath exudes Victorian charm with a Tennessee pink marble sink, etched glass window and gingerbread architectural detail.
B. OTHER AMENITIES:
* Continental breakfast included.
* Dinner option available.
* Unrestricted street parking
* Charming front porch and a furnished patio surrounded by lavender.
* Washer/dryer available for your use, go home with clean clothes!
* WIFI, Cable
* (Please note that a cat lives in the house.)
C. NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES:
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* D5 Express Metro Bus or the D6 Metro Bus stop just out front and will take you to the Metro station, Downtown and The National Mall.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block.
* 2 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), superb wine store, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* 2 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* 4 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
E. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, street in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants, take-out, fish market, coffee shops, pizza, upscale wine store, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Limitless free cultural options. A mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
• An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 2 blocks from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
"I was relocating to Washington DC and stayed with Ann, my hostess, for a week while I secured a place to live. Ann made me feel completely at home and was a tremendous help in helping me to navigate around metro DC and was great at offering helpful advice on the pros and cons on various neighborhoods. Her home is simply beautiful, spacious and clean. The location is fantastic! The garden is breath taking. The neighborhood is safe and offers shops, restaurants, and easy access to transit. There is even a farmer’s market a block away. Breakfast was offered every morning, which I really appreciated. I highly recommend this place and hostess. Thank you Ann for welcoming me to DC and helping to make a difficult process smooth and easier to manage. "
Michelle - Stayed November 2012
"I had a great time staying with Ann this past week at Queen Anne in Georgetown. She was a fantastic host and the location was perfect. I would recommend her and the house to anyone looking for a quiet comfortable place to stay."
Brian – Stayed November 2012
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||7 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$529 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1588 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Great host, I booked this for a long stay for my father and it was the perfect place for him to stay for a couple of months. Thanks!
This was a great place to stay. A beautiful home conveniently located with ample parking. The host is very pleasant and the house is clean and quiet. I would stay here again.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.