About this listing
Our 3/2 home is spacious and comfortable. It sleeps up to 8 and is close to many area conveniences. We are close to all the fun of Austin and UT while providing a relaxing place to get away from it all. Enjoy our deck and the neighborhood deer.
Our 3-bedroom, 2-bath home in Northwest Hills is close to everything. It is approximately 1500 square feet and has tile or laminate floors throughout. It is half of a duplex that we own, but the entrances are on different streets, so it feels like a free-standing home.
You can rest easy in this relaxing home. The master bedroom has a queen bed and a futon sofa that can lie down into a double bed. The blue bedroom has a double bed. The yellow room has 2 twin beds. It will easily sleep 8 and no one has to sleep on the floor. We provide all the linens and towels that you will need -- no need to lug that stuff with you on your vacation!
Our home is an easy 10 minute drive downtown with easy access to Mopac and a short walk to the UT shuttle or Capitol Metro bus stop. Almost every amenity is within walking distance -- the grocery store, several restaurants, the post office, Redbox, churches, kickball field, playground, etc. Many other cool locations are nearby -- see a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse, go stand-up paddling on Lady Bird Lake, climb the steps of Mount Bonnell to watch the beautiful Austin sunset. The original Central Market and Whole Foods are also nearby -- weekends are great for samples! Don't forget the jewels of Austin -- Zilker Park and Barton Springs!
The neighborhood is calm and good for deer-watching and evening walks. It is bike-friendly and very central. Many cyclists train on the hills in the area and there are several bike routes that run nearby. You can ride into town in about half an hour. No need to worry about where to park! If you are going to a UT event, the shuttle runs directly to UT and is free! Families with children will enjoy the playground at the nearby elementary school and the free neighborhood pool open in the summer months. Want to run? The middle school track is right up the road.
For chilling at home, we have a television with Netflix and a Wii. You can rent additional movies at the Redbox which is within easy walking distance. We have wifi internet and you can park in the driveway or on the street. Our home is smoke-free and pet-free.
Our home is a LEGAL short term rental operating under Operating License (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Guests have access to the full kitchen along with any pots, pans, etc. that they need to cook. Feel free to use plates and utensils as well as any oil, spices or other cooking basics. We will leave space for you in the refrigerator and freezer. Please do not eat our other food.
All linens and towels are included. We have "airbnb" towels that we will leave out for you and the beds will be freshly made for you. If you need to wash any of your clothes, feel free to use the washer and dryer. Just know that the dryer takes a loooong time.
Interaction with guests
You will have the house to yourself once we get you the key.
Other things to note
We hope you have a GREAT time in Austin!
1. No smoking anywhere on the property.
2. No more than the number of people in the reservation. This is our family home -- not a party house.
3. No pets.
4. Please wash all dishes & put them away.
5. Do not block the mailbox if you park on the street.
6. Thursday is trash day. Please roll the trash can to the curb.
7. Austin has great recycling -- you can recycle all clean paper, cardboard, numbered plastics, cans and bottles in the blue container out by the back fence. Plastic bags and trash are not permitted.
8. If you need to use the washer and dryer, feel free. The dryer takes a long time to dry things. You may prefer to air dry using a rack on the back patio.
9. If you spill any liquid on the laminate floor, please wipe it up quickly.
10. If you bring children, please have them be gentle with the toys and books. Feel free to play the games that are in the living room bookcase, but please make sure that they get put back with all the parts and cards.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View other reviews