Don't miss this one bedroom flat of 60m² in Liège historic area ! It is really charming and cosy under the rooftop. Large bed upstairs.
Nice area where there are many monuments (Saint-Barthélemy church, Grand Curtius Museum, the market 'La Batte', the famous Place du Marché with all its bars and restaurants…).
5 minutes walking distance to the 'Palais' train station and close to all the facilities (bus 1, 4, 24). It is full furnished (oven, stove, sheets, towels, air dryer, washing machine, crockery and condiments) with wifi internet connexion. Non-smoking.
You can rent it per night (70€, 3 nights minimum), weekly (350€), or monthly (700€).
A few details about staying at the apartment :
The apartment is very well kept and cleaned between each rental period. However, please note that it's not a hotel and so please do not expect services like in a hotel and take care to leave it in a good condition.
- Rubbish : In Liège, the city council has specific guidelines regarding rubbish collection. Blue bags are used for plastic and cans ; Yellow bags for general waste (I've stored it under the sink in the kitchen); paper and cartons can be put in a paper bag for recycling (or placed in the carton box beside the kitchen bin). Rubbish collection is on each MONDAY NIGHT - please place them outside the apartment building if you are there at the time. It would be much appreciated if no rubbish is left behind at the end of your stay.
- Cooking : Guests can use the kitchen, the crockery and all utensils; you will find all the essentials (salt, oil, etc). Please wash everything you have used before leaving the apartment.
- Phone : You can use the apartment phone to receive calls (I'll give you the number once you've made a booking); however please don't make any outgoing calls or there will be additional charges.
- TV: There is no TV in the apartment, however a cd player is at your disposal.
- Heating : Several heaters are placed around the apartment to provide maximum comfort and warmth during the colder months. Please make sure that if it's in use, that you turn them off when you leave the apartment; also make sure that all windows are properly closed and locked.
- Bedding : Unless you have washed and dried them beforehand, please leave the dirty sheets and pillow cases on the bedroom floor.
- Smoking is not allowed in the apartment under any circumstances.
Thank you for your understanding and I hope you enjoy your stay :)
J ai passé un super séjour chez Matilde et recommande vivement son appartement qui a beaucoup de charme.
Mathilde's apartment is excellent, and in the best place in Liege. You couldn't ask for more in terms of location. The apartment is exactly as it looks; that is, cosy and interesting. You have views of the hills and the sky. The bed was very comfortable. Internet connection was fast and reliable. You need to take care on the stairs to the loft, however, as there is no bannister and they are precipitous to say the least. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here and would recommend it for a stay in Liege.
Mathilde's flat was a great place to spend a month! Central, in a lovely building and spacious, we had a great time there. Mathilde was very flexible with our arrival time, and also responded quickly when there was an electrical malfunction during our stay - by the same evening she had an appliance replaced, and the problem was solved.
'charming flat in the heart of liege' describes mathilde's loft perfectly. we stayed for the belgium gran prix in spa francorchamps, and it was a pleasure to come back to after 3 days of trains, walking, and large noisy crowds. we were late in arriving on the first day, and met by mathilde's mother who was very patient and understanding (public transport wasn't that helpful for non-french speaking people!). coincidentally, you want the number 1 or 4 bus from the train station - will drop you off literally meters from the house - and is v cheap.
thanks for a brilliant stay, we thoroughly enjoyed it!
Van de zomer verbleef ik ruim zes weken in het appartement van Mathilde om aan een boek te werken. Het was er heerlijk. Het is een gezellig appartement met een prettige sfeer (de foto’s geven een goed beeld) en de werkplek onder een van de dakramen (uitzicht op de citadel!) met een bureau en een echte bureaustoel is perfect. Lekker stil ook, terwijl je toch in het historische centrum zit en alles dichtbij is. Hors Chateau met oude statige huizen, verrassende stegen en de trappen van Buren is misschien wel de mooiste straat van Luik. En ik ontdekte steeds meer leuke winkeltjes in de buurt (zoals Une gaufrette saperlipopette). Mathilde zelf is erg aardig en gaf steeds snel en eerlijk antwoord op mijn vragen. Omdat ik nogal ‘trappenangst’ heb, hebben we vooraf uitgebreid gemaild over de trappen van het huis. Maar de trappen naar boven waren geen enkel probleem. De wenteltrap naar de slaapkamer is iets enger, maar bleek goed te doen. Ook de ontvangst door Mathildes moeder was allerhartelijkst. Kortom, een fijne plek, zeker als je voor langere tijd in Luik wilt verblijven.
We stayed at Mathilde's apartment for 3 weeks in May 2014 and we enjoyed every bit of it!
The apartment is very well located, right in the middle of the old part of the city. Everything is within a walkable distance.
The apartment itself is very cozy, sunny and comfortable, just like the pictures :)
Mathilde was very flexible, quick to answer and gave us many tips on places to go for a drink or a snack.
Can't recommend enough :)
J'ai passé une semaine à Liège dans l'appartement de Mathilde. Séjour très agréable : l'appartement est idéalement situé et très agréable à vivre, l'accueil très chaleureux.