About This Listing
Enjoy life just a few steps away from the Caribbean sea at the Studio at Casa Sorpresas in Puerto Morelos, MX.
Two short blocks off the beach, the studio apartment at Casa Sorpresas is open and airy with everything you need to relax and enjoy your visit to the shores of the Caribbean:
* Queen size bed.
* Large sectional sofa.
* Cable TV.
* DVD player.
* WiFi (bring your laptop or web enabled phone!)
* Private bathroom (yes, we have hot and cold showers!).
* Fully functional kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave,
two-burner stovetop, coffee maker.
* Purified Water.
*** Air Conditioning -- The Studio is equipped with multiple ceiling fans and one floor fan and stays very comfortable, however, some days are just HOT so there is an AC unit in the Studio and it can be activated for an additional $15/day. (Electricity/Hydro is very expensive in Mexico!) Once activated, the charge will be applied for all additional days of your visit and must be paid upon activation.
*** Housekeeping is not included, but can be arranged for approximately $100 pesos (under $10USD) an hour. Guests are responsible for laundering linens/towels as needed during their stay. Economical laundromat with both self-service machines and full-service right next door. ***
Use of hammocks and outdoor living space included!
Casa Sorpresas is located in the heart of Puerto Morelos -- 2 short blocks from the beach, close to the vibrant town square and just steps away from tons of amazing dining options. If you're interested in cooking at home, we are close to the grocery store and several smaller neighborhood mini-markets. It is easy to find fresh fruit and & vegetables within walking distance or in the Colonia on the other side of the highway, a short bus ride away.
When you're tired of walking, public transportation is available at the end of the block, taxis are easy to come by and inexpensive and bike rentals are also available.
NOTE: Not sure what is happening with the map here, but the house is located in Puerto Morelos on Ninos Heroes (two blocks west of the beach) near the town square in the center of the town. For those of you familiar with Puerto Morelos - Casa Sorpresas is just across the street and a few steps north of MexicoPlus Hotel/Cheers and John Gray's.
- Check out before 12:00pm. Check in after 3:00pm. Late check-out and early check-in can be accommodated; ask us for details.
- The Studio is perfect for one or two people, additional guests cannot be accomodated. Due to the nature of the property -- i.e., the Studio is behind and within the walls of the main residence -- in the interest of security and privacy only registered guests are allowed on the property.
- Absolutely no smoking in any rooms.
- Candles are provided as emergency lights when the electricity goes off. You may use them for romantic purposes, however, never leave a candle unattended.
- Guest towels are not to be used as beach towels. Beach towels and beach chairs/umbrella are available for an additional fee/deposit.
- The Studio does not have glass windows - only mosquito screens -: please maintain a quiet atmosphere.
- Toilet bowls: Only human waste! Absolutely no toilet paper, hygienic products, Q-tips, ... !!! The basket next to the toilet bowl is for this purpose.
- If you drove to Casa Sorpresas, please try to park directly in front of the house. It keeps the neighbors happy...
- Please note that electricity is very expensive -- please shut off all fans and lights and air conditioning when you leave the studio.
- If you find that you need to run the air conditioning unit, please keep in mind the extreme high cost of electricity and limit use accordingly. Close the doors and shutter the windows while unit is running to maximize cooling.
- Housekeeping is not included in this Studio Apartment rental - you are responsible for your laundry, as well as the linens and towels should you wish to have them cleaned during your visit. The lavanderia is two houses down with full-service and self-service machines - very econimical and great service. If you would like Housekeeping during your visit, let us know ahead of time and we will arrange it. Cost is approximately 100 pesos/hour (less than $10 USD)!!
The studio was well equipped and colorful. The bed was very comfortable. Located on the beach side of Puerto Morelos it was only 3 blocks from the water with a location walking distance to restaurants, the Laundromat, an Oxxo (convenience store), a bakery and the town square which had a supermarket and pharmacy as well as tourist shops. The host, Kim, was very friendly and totally helpful with any issues or questions I had. I stayed for 7 weeks and the casita is located in a private area behind the main house off a beautiful, tranquil, jungle patio.
Parlez de votre séjour aux autres membres de la communauté Airbnb.
Living in Casas las Sorpresas was a beautifull experience. It's a quiet , colorfull, very well situated place. Kim has made our stay very restfull offering a simple, discrete and helpfull presence.
If you are going to Puerto Morelos this is a great place to stay. It is very close to the town square on the beach where we found a food market, coffee shop, the Alma Libre book store, restaurants and shops. The apartment has a great shaded outside area with tropical plants, a good place during the hot hours of the day. The kitchen is helpful for making simple meals. The studio is very comfortable a special place to stay with creative artwork and tropical colors. Thank you Kim for having us!
This is a magical place with "found"art, beautiful colours, iganuas, gorgeous plants, a beautiful clean suite and a very hospitable host, Kim. We enjoyed every minute of it and would recommend this lovely place to anyone especially those of you who appreciate something other
than an "all-in" experience. We will be back!
About the Host, Kim
Hey, I'm Kim! I'm originally from Colorado, but fell in love with Puerto Morelos in 2000 and was finally able to move here full-time in early 2012.
Casa Sorpresas is very special to me -- my artistic genius mom, Marguerite, used to live here and run an art gallery/clothing store/jewelry store out of the front of the house. Sadly, she passed in 2011, but her spirit is infused into every inch of the house and surrounding gardens. The house is colorful and unique and filled with little surprises - hence the name!
What else? Oh, I used to practice law, but now I practice selling real estate and relaxing on the beach... Guess which career I like better? I'm madly in love with Puerto Morelos and really enjoy hosting guests at Casa Sorpresas. I've made some great friends via hosting and am lucky enough to have repeat guests (yay!)