About this listing
My flat is a small but bright and comfortable place. It's clean and in good working order and does everything you need for a short or medium stay in London on your own or with your partner whether to see the sights or as a base for work. Come stay!
Cosy and well located one bedroom flat with everything you need for a short or longer stay in London.
The best thing about the flat is its location. 2 minute walk to Oval tube station which means you're about 15 minutes away from Soho, the Tower of London, the City (financial centre) and only 10 minutes from Victoria Station (which serves Gatwick airport) and Waterloo Station.
Great spot to explore London from.
The area has some nice bars, restaurants and all the shops you could need (a 24 hour corner shop with nearly everything you're likely to need is two doors down from the flat - very convenient).
The Flat is a comfortable size for two people and is freshly decorated. You'll have fresh clean towels when you arrive. It has a TV and DVD player if you fancy a quiet night in but is best used as a base to go and explore London by day and night. It is also Wifi enabled.
If I had be be critical, the only down side is the entrance area which you share with a small lawyers office and is a bit on the dark and dingy side. It's totally safe but it gets a lot of people coming and going during the day so isn't as fresh as I would like but that's just to get in. Once you're in, it's a lovely bright little place and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.
If you have any questions about restaurants, bars in the area, either I or my friends who will be helping me manage the place will be delighted to help you out. If you stay I'll also share a very well kept secret (the phone number of the best little Indian restaurant in London - 10 minute walk away or they'll even deliver it to your door - it's a telephone number worth its weight in gold :)).
Looking forward to welcoming you to London.
The flat is all yours. You have to come through the slightly dingy common hallway but, once you're past the front door of the flat itself, it's your pad...nobody else get's in unless you want them to :)
Interaction with Guests
I am actually often overseas so the likelihood is that you'll be interacting with my friends Valentina and Andrew. They will be there when you arrive to show you around an answer any questions. Then they'll get out of your hair and leave you to enjoy London however you want to. Nobody will be around during your stay unless you want them to be (we are always available should there be a problem or if you have any questions).
The neighbourhood is my neighbourhood. I'm probably a bit biased but I really like it. It's a real cross section of London. There are film stars and members of parliament who live there but there is also a fair amount of social housing.
There are cool little pubs, some nice cafes and everything you need very close by to the flat but it's not one of the nerve centres of London. People won't often go out of their way to go to the area unless they live/work there or are visiting someone who does. So not so many tourists. It's 'real' London for me. Beautiful in parts, ugly in parts. If you want 'picture postcard' London, better to stay in Notting Hill or Chelsea or Westminster or Primrose Hill (the more swanky parts of town :)).
The tube is about 100m away which for London, is fantastic. It means that in a very short walk, you have access to the best way to get around London. There are also lots of bus routes but, to be honest, I rarely used them. The Tube gets you everywhere you want to go much faster (no traffic underground!).
Check In Rules:
1. Check in is flexible and subject to both parties agreeing when to meet up but the assumption should be that check in must not be before 9am or after 8pm.
2. In exceptional circumstances, I may be available to check you in at other times but it must be agreed in advance.
3. I have to reserve the right to say that check in will be after lunchtime if I am hosting a guest the day before and that they want to stay in the flat in the morning.
4. I have to reserve the right to say that check out time will be just before lunchtime if I am hosting a guest the night after your last night.
1. no smoking
2. no animals in the flat.
3. Please treat the place with the respect you'd like someone to treat your place with if it were yours. The cleaning fee covers my costs of having the sheets and towels cleaned and replaced and a quick run round with the vaccum cleaner. So, if you can try to leave the place in the state you found it in (dirty sheets and towels excluded of course), that would be great.
Otherwise do whatever you like and enjoy your stay!