Welcome to our comfortable, modern home in Portland’s fantastic Kenton neighborhood! This three-bedroom, 2.5 bath home is located in a thriving, walkable Portland neighborhood and is a quick ride on the Max or in your car to downtown Portland, the Pearl District and so many other great Portland neighborhoods.
The home is in a wonderful location just a half-block off of Kenton Park, with its great playground, fun splash pad in the summer and lots of open space to run around. Walk across the park to the Kenton Business District on Denver Avenue to get coffee at Posies Café, eat great Italian food at Pizza Fino, grab breakfast at the Cup and Saucer, enjoy a drink at one of Kenton’s several bars, take a yoga class or get a massage or acupuncture at Kenton Family Wellness, cruise the farmer’s market in the summer months, search for great finds at several antique and resale shops or drop in on a story time at the Kenton library!
Make yourself at home in the fully equipped kitchen, where you can make meals from scratch with all the right tools. Includes dishwasher, microwave and stainless steel fridge. Open floor plan flows into dining and living space, where you can cozy up with a book or movie to the light of the gas fireplace. Living room has open layout great for kids spinning circles or playing board games. The television has cable and there is a DVD player.
Sleep soundly in the king bed in the master suite. Down the hall you’ll find two additional bedrooms, one with twin trundle bed and a pack-n-play tucked in the closet if needed. The third bedroom has a queen bed. Guest bath also has a tub for bath time. The second bedroom has a desk and chair in case you need a spot to work on a laptop.
Have an afternoon glass of chardonnay or famous Oregon pinot noir in the private, shaded back yard, or fire up the charcoal grill.
We have taken care to equip the house for families traveling with young children. The home has a pack-n-play, a highchair, a mounted baby gate at the top of the stairs, a toddler potty, step stool, kid-friendly tableware and cutlery and kids books and toys.
There is so much to do in the neighborhood, but from this home you also have the entire city at your fingertips. Catch the Max (light rail) train in Kenton and ride it downtown, to the Rose Quarter, to the Zoo, to the airport or many other spots around the city. Several bus lines also pick up close to the house, taking you to nearby trendy areas like the Alberta Arts District and Mississippi Avenue. With the house’s proximity to great services and convenient transit it would be so easy to stay at this home car-free.
For those visiting with a car, the home has easy access to highways and downtown Portland is a quick 10-minute drive. The Portland Zoo is a 13-minute drive, as is the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. It’s a 10-minute drive to the trendy Pearl District and the famous Powell’s City of Books. Portland has easy access to some spectacular natural beauty. From the house it’s a 15-minute drive to Forest Park (one of the country’s largest urban forest reserves), a 50-minute drive to Multnomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge, a 45-minute drive to wine country and a 1 hour 40 minute drive to the Oregon Coast.
The house has WiFi Internet access, cable television and easy parking for one car in the driveway.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 PM PST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 A.M. PST. NO Early Check-ins.
2. This is a NON SMOKING home.
3. Pets are permitted in the house only with prior approval. A $100 pet cleaning fee applies. All pets must be leashes at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cabin owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required. This must be received within three (3) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within fourteen (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started.
d. All keys are left in the lock box and house is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO early check-in or late check out.
1. PAYMENT – Full payment is due at the time of booking.
2. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty except if deposits were made via credit card. All credit card cancellations are subject to a 5% Cancellation fee or $50 whichever is greater. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
3. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to six (7) persons. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to seven (7) will be assessed. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY; 4 nights during peak and holiday seasons.
4. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
5. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup.
6. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
7. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
8. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
9. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
10(URL HIDDEN) Parking – Parking in the driveway is limited to one (1) vehicle. There is free street parking for additional vehicles.
11. STORM POLICY – No refunds will be given for weather-related reasons.
12. This home is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
13. Before checking out we expect guests to:
• Wash all dishes and start the dishwasher (if applicable)
• Strip beds and deposit sheets and towels in the upstairs bathtub
• Start one load of laundry (of sheets/towels)
• Take out trash and recycling
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Our family lives in Portland, OR and we travel a lot for work and fun. We own vacation rentals in Portland and Los Angeles. We've spent a lot of time in vacation rentals and have really enjoyed the homey vibe and the relaxed style of travel that comes with having a really comfortable home base. We strive to make our vacation homes feel like a home-away-from-home for families!