The Bedroom Available:
The bedroom I am renting is the largest in a 3 bedroom apartment. It has a full size bed, private bathroom and walk-in closet. It is big, airy and comfy. It is simply decorated with luscious plants to create a peaceful haven. It also comes with an air conditioner. You will have plenty of closet space and your own private bathroom for the length of your stay. The bathroom has both a bathtub and shower.
The rest of the property:
The whole apartment is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment located in historic Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. The building has a 24 doorman, so it is absolutely secure. It also has a laundry room.
Close to bars, restaurants, the famous Fort Greene Park and it's farmers market. The area is safe and nice, close to public transportation. It has a very eclectic vibe and it is very diverse.
We have a fully equipped kitchen with a gas stove and oven and a dishwasher available for you to use. The kitchen and the dining room are part of the nightly rate.
The apartment is big, artsy and inviting. We have a substantial book collection both in your private room and in the rest of the apartment that is also available for you to borrow and read. You will be sharing the apartment with 2 other awesome housemates for the length of your stay. Housemates work a lot, and this being New York City everyone is always busy and all over town. We do have two small dogs. One of them barks only when there are people at the door. (We appreciate this. Although our building and neighborhood are super safe, we like the extra security).
The housemates happen to love sharing their knowledge of NYC with guests and will be more than happy to advise you on great nearby restaurants and things to do! We are lucky to have amazing entertainment and bookstores, beautiful parks, great coffee, food and bars all within walking distance.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to by staying here:
* 25 minutes away (door to door) from the East Village and all of lower Manhattan.
* Minutes away from the lovely Fort Greene Park on Dekalb Avenue, where you can shop for local produce on Saturday's Farmer's Markets.
* Dekalb Avenue also happens to offer some delicious fare. Try places like A Bistro, Roman's, Black Iris, Sushi D, and Chez Oskar.
* The apartment is also near some cool hangouts and coffee shops like The Outpost (beer and coffee? Yes, please), The Emerson, Hot Bird (just 1 block away), Franklin Park--all within walking distance from the building.
* The Brooklyn Museum, The Botanical Gardens, Tom's Diner--all a 15-20 minutes walk away.
* 15 minutes walk to Habana Outpost, one of the first fully sustainable restaurants in NYC, and Atlantic Mall (which has Target, Marshalls, the DMV, and all other major subways)
* Blocks away from The Green Hill Food Coop and several local/sustainable markets. Associated and another market are like 3-5 minutes walking distance.
* Close to Pratt Institute, the Brooklyn Flea, Dumbo and Williamsburg.
Accessible by several buses and trains:
Subway: Clinton Washington C (1 block away) or G (4 blocks away)
Buses: B26 (1 block away), B52 (1 block away) B38 (3 blocks away)
If you have any more questions, just write to me. I am happy to answer them.
P.S. We speak Spanish and a tiny bit of Portuguese.
Here at our place we are very laid back and keep a positive atmosphere. We want you to feel welcomed in our home, and to facilitate this, here are some rules:
(1) Keep your space clean
(2) Be nice to the property. Accidents happen, but if something breaks, please replace or pay for it.
(3) No smoking inside.
(4) No illegal drugs.
(5) Enjoy your room and common areas, including the second bathroom in the living room. However, we request you do not use our shower.
(6) Please keep out of the other housemate's private spaces and private property.
(7) The kitchen and refrigerator are there for your use, but our food is not. We go out of our way to make sure guests are comfortable, but please don't eat our food unless we invite you to do so.
(8) No stealing.
(9) Don't feed the dogs. Petting is more than Ok.
(10) Don't leave food laying around on the floor of your room.
(11) Be mindful of your neighbors and keep the volume down.
I had an excellent stay at Maria and Su's home in Clinton Hill. Close to two subway lines and eateries, the place had a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The room itself was roomy and had all the amenities I needed. The two pups were a great plus! Very sweet and affectionate. I look forward to staying here again on my next trip to NY.
Honestly, I kinda want to keep this gem to myself to ensure it will be available on return trips. Just know that if you are an airbnb traveler who wants a clean, well maintained space---- with your own bathroom--- and the cutest furry creatures to boot: book this one. The pix are accurate, the hosts are warm and welcoming, and I will enthusiastically reserve this space again in the coming weeks/months. Word.
Estamos súper agradecidas por toda la amabilidad y confianza recibidas por Su y su hermana María. Todo ha sido tal cual lo planeamos y eso nos permitió disfrutar a pleno de nuestro viaje por New York.
El barrio es increíble y muy seguro, merece sus propias excursiones y las chicas siempre están dispuestas a recomendar sitios para conocer y comer algo rico. Todo ha sido como estar en casa! Muy cálido y acogedor. Gracias Su y María por todo lo brindado y gracias a sus mascotas también por sus alegres bienvenidas!
Su is a fantastic host. Although I only was at her house for a short period, she was very flexible in accommodating my late arrival and early departure. The room was quiet and private as advertised.
This was my second stay with Su and, once again, it was great. Su was flexible on my arrival time, and is a very welcoming, helpful, and respectful host. Also, the apartment remains bright, clean, and conveniently located -- and the two dogs remain as cute as ever. I will definitely stay here again!
The suite at Su's was what a weary traveler loves: private, comfortable, and spacious. The elevator is a big plus if you travel heavy. Everything was as described, with just one thing to add - Su's hospitality is unmatched. She provided all the logistic information and directions as needed, as well as lent me her bike. I would be happy to return.
The place was really cozy and at convienient location. The subway station is only minute away and private bathroom is a plus.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
I feel like I'm filling out a dating profile, but alas, this must be done. I am a rabid reader and storytelling editress. I began my career as a storytelling editress in the first grade, when I composed a ditty extolling the properties of water (the forever understated life liquid). The theme that connects many of my jobs/roles that I've had and currently have is a passion for writing. Born to Puerto Rico’s colonial limbo, I moved to the United States for college and never left.
I am a Renaissance baby, and I don’t mean of the freaky cherub kind. I just like doing and trying out many things. I have done kick-boxing, flower arranging, baking, cake decorating, and most recently I have gotten into vinyl (yes, those old records).
As a host, I try to be friendly and welcoming. I get this from my mother who would welcome guests into our home with a basket of goodies in the guest room and cook elaborate meals for them. My housemate, and sister, is very much like that as well. We like to make people feel welcomed and like part of the family when they visit, be it for a day or a week.