About This Listing
Enjoy this updated 1890's two bedroom, one bathroom duplex in the Jefferson Park neighborhood, which is in the heart of Denver. It is an easy walk to Mile High Stadium (aka Sports Authority Field) (5 blocks) to watch your favorite football team, the Denver Aquarium, Children's Museum, restaurants, grocery shopping, and other shopping. A neighborhood coffee shop is just one block away. Elitch Gardens and the Pepsi Center are also a stone's throw. The master bedroom has a queen bed and the second bedroom is a TV room that has a small loveseat that pulls out into a sofa bed (probably best for a child or small adult). The kitchen is fully stocked with everything needed to cook at home. Enjoy relaxing in the fenced backyard or walking to nearby Jefferson Park. The backyard has an outdoor table to enjoy your meals or morning coffee. Sloan's Lake Park is about 1 mile west. Enjoy hiking in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, which are just 30 minutes away by car. A cat lives here when it is not rented so if you have allergies please consider that. I have WiFi, TV (no cable but who needs cable with so much to do), washer/dryer, sheets, towels, and all the kitchen essentials. This is a smoke free home.
Having lived in Denver for the last 14 years, I would be available to tell you about all the great things to do in Denver and the nearby mountains. I have lived in this home for two years and have worked hard to make it a place I love. I hope you enjoy it!
Guests have access to a fully stocked kitchen with spices and oils if cooking, washer and dryer, wifi, and small TV.
Interaction with Guests
I try to check guests in to meet them and show them around and then only return during their visit if they need something from me. In the summer, they may see me watering the yard and garden or doing yard work. I am not available to check the guest in, I talk to them on the phone to let them know extra details.
I love the walkability of the neighbor and that is it easy access to the highway and to downtown. There are many restaurants in the area. Neighbors are friendly.
There are bus stops nearby and the light rail station is about a 15 to minute walk.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. MST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. MST. NO Early Check-ins.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit. Your security deposit will be forfeited if there is evidence of smoking in the house.
3. SECURITY/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of $200 is required. Payment with check or credit card is made by arrangement with the owner. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to house or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All keys are left on the desk and unit is left locked. No linens are lost or damaged.
d. Nothing is taken out of the house.
e. No Early check-in or late check-out.
f. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, the security company employed by the owner.
4. PAYMENT - An advance payment equal to 50% of the total amount is required at time of booking. The advance payment will be applied toward the rental. Please make payments in the form of credit card, bank money orders, cashiers checks or personal checks payable to Leigh Rouse. The advance payment is not a security deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT and SECURITY DEPOSIT is due fifteen (15) days before your arrival date.
5. CANCELLATIONS - A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. The airbnb cancellation policies supercede this policy.
6. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel thirty (30) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to check-in.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to three (3) persons.
8. MINUMUM NIGHT REQUIREMENTS – This property requires a minimum stay of two nights.
9. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate and is not offered unless prearranged with specific items you would like to have done.
11. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
12. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
13. PARKING – The neighborhood is a permit parking area. During events at Mile High Stadium, guests should use the provided guest pass by displaying it on their car’s front window. The guest must return the parking pass or forfeit their security deposit. Guests should adhere to the street sweeping regulations posted on signs in the neighborhood. If parked on the street during street sweeping operations, the City of Denver will issue a $25 ticket.
14. Pets – Pets are not allowed without prior arrangement with the owner and payment of the appropriate pet fee.
15. If you have any questions during your stay or need some assistance, please contact: Leigh Rouse at (phone number hidden)
This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date by and between the company (the “Guest”) and the owner, manager or agent (“Rental Agent”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
Guest agrees that no more than3 persons shall be permitted to sleep on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement. Additional people must be approved by the Rental Agent.
CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY
The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, satellite or cable TV access as applicable. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as gas grills, fireplaces, decks, and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest’s own risk.
Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE
Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.
RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION
Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Rental Agent shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rental Agent and their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorneys fees incurred by Guest, permitted guests, visitors or agents, representatives or successors of Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold Rental Agent harmless in all such cases.
Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against Rental Agent, the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
ENTRY AND INSPECTION
Rental Agent reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice.
UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY
In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of Rental Agent, Rental Agent shall return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the rental of the Property, and any changes, amendments or modifications hereof shall be void unless the same are in writing and signed by both the Guest and the Rental Agent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado. The words “Rental Agent” and “Guest” shall include their respective heirs, successors, representatives. The waiver or failure to enforce any breach or provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of that or any other provision in any subsequent breach thereof. If any provision herein is held invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to the contact information included herein. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which is an original, but taken together constitute one in the same instrument. Execution of a digital signature shall be deemed a valid signature. Approval of the rental agreement through websites ((website hidden), (website hidden), (website hidden), and Airbnb) is considered a valid digital signature.
This was my first use of Airbnb and it was incredible. Leigh's house was perfect a gorgeous and more than we could of imagined. In town for the weekend on business we were able to relax in the morning and drink coffee and make breakfast of all sorts because she had everything we needed. Beds were comfy and perfect. Last but not least. Perhaps the best shower head I've ever used. Wonderful stay. Hope I find somewhere like this next time on airbnb.
This was our first experience with AirBNB and Leigh made it very easy. My wife and I loved her house. It's bright and cozy but with plenty of room to spread out and relax. We even had a small dinner party one night at the house and it went wonderfully! The location is great - it's super easy to get downtown and in the immediate neighborhood there are a couple real nice places to eat. And having a full-service grocery store just two blocks away was a big plus for us. We really enjoyed ourselves in Leigh's house and recommend it highly!
Leigh's house was a great place to stay. It was super clean and comfortable and was perfect for a couple (but could have been even 3 or 4 people). Leigh was a very conscientious renter, with clear instructions, plenty of information about the house, and quickly responsive. I would highly recommend Leigh's house to anybody visiting Denver looking for a comfortable, easy and quiet location to stay!
Leigh has a very comfortable home and it is a very convenient neighborhood. She was great about leaving information for us about the neighborhood and helpful hints for the house. It was a very nice stay and we would definitely stay there again. We highly recommend Leigh and her home.
The place was perfect- well-decorated, homey, wonderful! Leigh was such an attentive host and kind (she borrowed a crib from friends for our daughter and put it up for us and even left us a bottle of wine!). We loved the location- within walking distance of restaurants, shops and great Denver sites (aquarium, children's museum, REI store). We walked from there to the free 16th street mall shuttle and were able to get to anywhere we wanted. It is a duplex- but we never heard the neighbors and there is even a great backyard area with places to sit and enjoy the mountain air! We told everyone we know in Denver about the place and would definitely stay there again. Thanks Leigh!
This host has 74 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Leigh
I am orginally from Oklahoma but moved to Denver after attending college at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I love traveling the world and exploring the beautiful state I live in. I have made Denver my home but love to go into the mountains as often as possible. I enjoy skiing, biking, hiking, and being outdoors. I also love exploring Denver's great restaurants and bookstores. I am a total animal lover and always try to help an animal in need. I like to volunteer when I travel if time and resources allow.