Luxurious | Two bedrooms | Two bathrooms | Parking Space | Clean | Stylish | Stunning views | Modern | Quiet | Privacy | Perfect for (2) couples, small groups or families | Send inquiry including personal description and travel purpose for fast reply
Perfect for one or two couples, small groups or families: stylish, modern, luxurious, newly renovated, spacious, light, clean, quiet and safe TWO BEDROOM / TWO BATHROOM apartment - including PARKING GARAGE - situated in the middle of one of the great city parks, offering stunning views of the park and the entire city of Amsterdam.
Only a TEN MINUTE bicycle ride away from Amsterdam's historic city center (e.g. Jordaan, Leidseplein, Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum), our wonderful apartment offers a very comfortable, private and relaxing respite in the city, high above the trees.
Public transportation (trams, buses, metro and trains) is within a very short walking distance. The A10 circular highway around Amsterdam is only a minute away and easily accessible without any traffic delays, making this location also perfect for people traveling by car, commuters or people also wanting to explore the rest of the country by car.
From Schiphol Airport, it is 15 minutes by taxi (approx. EUR 25) to our apartment. The connection by train to the nearest train station is even faster and costs a couple of euros.
- Located on the 10th floor of a sturdy apartment building originating from the early 70's. The apartment has been thoroughly renovated from top to bottom in 2011. The interior is 100% new and of the highest quality.
- Size: 100 m2 (1076 sq. ft.), excluding the spacious balcony overlooking the park and the entire city of Amsterdam.
- All rooms offer stunning (!) views of the park and the city of Amsterdam.
- Large open plan living room, including a large dinner table and a spacious, modern, fully equipped kitchen.
- Bedroom #1: spacious master bedroom with a luxurious walk-in bathroom including a powerful two person shower and double sink (Bathroom #1).
- Bedroom #2: has a brand new and very comfortable queen size sofa bed, a desk and an amazing view of the park.
- More than enough closet space to hang your clothing and store personal belongings in both bedrooms.
- Bathroom #2 / Laundry: modern and powerful shower, sink, washer and dryer.
- Parking spot included. The parking garage is located underneath the building and very safe.
- Bicycles: available for a fixed price of EUR 15 each for the duration of your stay.
- High speed (60MB) Wi-Fi internet connection. Brand new HD Smart TV (cable - HD digital) offering hundreds of channels in many languages.
THE REMBRANDT PARK
- The park is practically adjacent to the (more crowded, but also beautiful) Vondelpark, providing a beautifully green, relaxing, fast and safe walking or bicycle route all the way to the Leidseplein.
- It is ideal for a relaxing afternoon, a picnic or barbecue and also for walking, jogging or a game of football. There are two public tennis courts, public fitness equipment and even several interesting pieces of art.
- The park is lush, versatile and a home for more than thirty bird species and other animals such as rabbits, hedgehogs and turtles(!). It also offers a petting zoo (try their fresh, organic eggs) and several cool playgrounds for kids.
- Within walking distance, there are four good supermarkets and plenty of specialty shops for food and groceries. Nearby, you will also find two open air market places for the freshest ingredients at a low price.
- Within a ten minute radius, there are numerous good places to have breakfast or lunch, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, nightclubs and (movie) theaters.
Bus 18: "Bus Stop Nachtwachtlaan"
- Within 1 minute walking distance
- Will take you to the Jordaan, the canals and Amsterdam Central Station (10 - 20 minutes)
- In the opposite direction, this bus will take you to Metro line 50 ("Bus Stop Jan Tooropstraat").
Bus 64: "Bus Stop Marius Bauerstraat"
- 1 minute walking distance
- Will take you to Station Lelylaan (trains, buses, trams, metro) or, in the opposite direction, to Station Sloterdijk (trains, buses, trams, metro).
Bus 15: "Bus Stop Postjesweg" or "Bus Stop Corantijnstraat"
- 5 - 10 minute walking distance
- Will take you to Station Zuid/WTC (trains, buses, trams, metro) or, in the opposite direction, to Station Sloterdijk (trains, buses, trams, metro).
Tram 17: "Tram Stop Postjesweg"
- 5 - 10 minute walking distance
- Will take you to the Jordaan, the canals and Amsterdam Central Station (10 - 20 minutes)
- In the opposite direction (direction Osdorp de Aker), this tram will take you to Station Lelylaan for trains and Metro line 50.
Tram 1: "Tram Stop Surinameplein"
- 10 - 15 minute walking distance (or take tram 17 first)
- Will take you to the Vondelpark, the Leidseplein, the canals and Amsterdam Central Station (5 - 20 minutes)
- In the opposite direction (direction Osdorp Dijkkgraafplein), this tram will take you to Station Lelylaan for trains and Metro line 50.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to our home in Amsterdam and hope that you have a wonderful stay!
Floris & Allie
- Two bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Parking garage
- Spacious balcony overlooking park and city
- High speed WiFi
- Washer / Dryer
- Two bicycles (EUR 15 per bike per stay)
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Large living room
- Large dining table
- Towels and sheets
- HD TV with Cable TV (200+ channels)
- Three steaming hot and powerful showers
- Seperate toilet including bidet and sink
- Two sets of house keys
If you are interested in staying at our place, please send us a message explaining a little bit about yourself and your fellow travelers. We always are interested in knowing your name, your (approximate) age and your occupation. A profile picture is highly appreciated.
Usually, our cleaning lady Sofie - who is amazing, by the way - will handle the check in and out. Check in is flexible, but of course has to be aligned with Sofie's agenda. If you plan to travel by car and want to use the parking garage, please let us know.
Wir haben 6 Tage in Amsterdam verbracht und die herrliche Wohnung mit der wunderbaren Aussicht auf die Stadt sehr geschaetzt.
un voyage trés sympa dans un magnifique appartement , conforme aux photos , a 12 min de tram du centre , ville trés agréable . Floris et Allie sont trés sérieux et répondent rapidement à d'eventuelles questions . Je pense repasser quelques jours dans leur logement au cours de l'année tellement cela nous a plus.
merci a vous
We had an almost perfect experience with this apartment. The heat worked great, the hot water was HOT (yay!), water pressure was perfect, and the bed was not two mattresses pushed together!!! The whole place is clean and decorated minimally so there is no clutter. The TV has American channels- something that is VERY hard to find over here. The view was nice. Our Chevy Traverse actually fit in the parking garage underneath the building. It's been very hard to find space for it here in Europe, but the garage was plenty spacious enough. SO the place itself is truly 5 stars. I will say that I found it to be a little far away though, particularly for traveling with two very young children in the winter. It's about a ten minute walk to the tram. And once you get there you have to wait and vice versa on your way back. It can be kind of hard when your family is freezing and your babies are screaming their face off- 20-30 minute travel time to get back to the apartment can seem like forever.
We did have one hitch with this stay though- the key hand off. We texted the cleaning lady 1 hour before our arrival (no response). So 20 minutes lady we called her- she didn't speak english so she passes us to her son (who did speak english) and we told him we would be there in 40 minutes. He understood completely and said she would be there waiting. We got there exactly 40 minutes later and waited 15 minutes- nobody showed. So we called and she said 15 minutes. So we waited. Still nothing. Called again- she said 10 minutes. FINALLY she arrived. Not a terribly big deal.. but after driving almost 7 hours from Germany, we didn't want to have to wait with screaming children for almost 40 minutes when we gave her plenty of notice when we were going to be there.
Thanks for your feedback Laura, and I am very happy to hear that you liked our place so much! Although we do not (yet) have any kids ourselves, I can imagine that traveling with a 1 and 3 year old has it's challenges and may slow things down a bit (especially in winter time). ;-) About the key exchange: we always try our very best to align the check in with our guests' travel schedule as good as we can. I apologize for any miscommunication and inconvenience that you have experienced in this respect. We will make sure to smooth everything out and improve the procedure even more. Thanks again for your stay and you are more than welcome to come back anytime! All the best, Allie & Floris
We have stayed at Floris & Allie apartment for 3 night. They answered quick and kindly and were very nice.
When we arrived we scheduled to meet with Sofie but she was almost half an hour late.. but when we finally entered we were dazzled by the beautiful apartment and the view!
Everything was clean and welcoming. The guidebook is very helpful and there are many usufel maps.
We slept on the opening couch in the office and it was very comfortable. we also used the parking garage which was convinient.
Overall great experince and thank you for hosting us at your charming apartment! We definetely wish to stay longer :)
El apartamento fantático!! muy moderno, limpio y espacioso, con mucha luz y bien comunicado en bus. Las camas muy muy cómodas... Nos encantó!!
We had a wonderful time at Floris and Allie's apartment! The place matches exactly its description; the view over the park and the city is stunning, the kitchen is well equipped, and we had all kinds of facilities not far away from home. They were very attentive and helpful. Highly recommended! :)
appartement correspondant aux détails de l'(website hidden)ès spacieux et très bien équipés, la vue panoramique sur parc est impressionnante. floris est une propriétaire à l'écoute des hôtes et elle est très réactive pour les aider. documentation touristique disponible sur place. Cet appartement est idéal pour passer un excellent séjour à amsterdam, métro est proche (5mn à pied), station bus (2mn à pied) pour se rendre à centraal station en 20 mn. Merci à floris et allie pour leur accueil.
Ottimo appartamento, confortevole e ben servito dai mezzi pubblici, è un pò fuori mano ma raggiungibile tranquillamente. Consigliato
We loved our stay in Floris and Allie's apartment. We just wish we could have stayed longer! The taxi driver knew where to drop us and once we quickly worked out how to catch the bus (18) from the stop called 'Nachtwachtlaan' and found the grocery store around the corner (where the bus also stops) in Derkinderenstraat, getting around was easy. It only takes about 20 minutes to get into the city - you buy your ticket from the bus driver. The apartment was spotlessly clean, very large and very modern, with beautiful, good quality appliances, fixtures and furniture. The beds are comfortable and the shower luxurious. The apartment was very quiet and the perfect place to relax after sightseeing. The TV was great with heaps of channels, both Dutch and lots of US and UK channels so we could watch familiar shows.The people we met in the building were also very friendly. There is a gorgeous view from the apartment over the nearby park to the city. Once we'd gone to the city we could pick out the places in the skyline. The city itself was a lot of fun, would particularly recommend the Museum quarter, Dam Square, canal cruise and take a trip to the windmills, Volendam and Marken. A lot of small tourism operators will run half day tours there. Also hire a bike if weather permits and ride through the city or borrow the bikes from the apartment. The people in Amsterdam all spoke English, meaning that getting around was super easy. I would definitely recommend staying here and I would stay here again for sure. The hosts left a comprehensive booklet which explained everything we needed to know. Unfortunately we didn't have time to try their suggestions of great food restaurants, cafes etc. But make sure you try some local food like waffles, pea and ham soup etc.
Floris place is very spacious and comfortable, with an excellent view of the park and the city. Everything went smoothly. The internet is quick. Floris left a whole lot of suggestions of where to shop, have a coffee, eat and all the rest. There are supermarkets and the public transport runs very often into the center.
A very good experince. Thanks!