Luxurious | Two bedrooms | Two bathrooms | Parking Space | Clean | Stylish | Stunning views | Modern | Quiet | Privacy | Perfect for (2) couples, small groups or families | Send inquiry including personal description and travel purpose for fast reply
Perfect for one or two couples, small groups or families: stylish, modern, luxurious, newly renovated, spacious, light, clean, quiet and safe TWO BEDROOM / TWO BATHROOM apartment - including PARKING GARAGE - situated in the middle of one of the great city parks, offering stunning views of the park and the entire city of Amsterdam.
Only a TEN MINUTE bicycle ride away from Amsterdam's historic city center (e.g. Jordaan, Leidseplein, Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum), our wonderful apartment offers a very comfortable, private and relaxing respite in the city, high above the trees.
Public transportation (trams, buses, metro and trains) is within a very short walking distance. The A10 circular highway around Amsterdam is only a minute away and easily accessible without any traffic delays, making this location also perfect for people traveling by car, commuters or people also wanting to explore the rest of the country by car.
From Schiphol Airport, it is 15 minutes by taxi (approx. EUR 25) to our apartment. The connection by train to the nearest train station is even faster and costs a couple of euros.
- Located on the 10th floor of a sturdy apartment building originating from the early 70's. The apartment has been thoroughly renovated from top to bottom in 2011. The interior is 100% new and of the highest quality.
- Size: 100 m2 (1076 sq. ft.), excluding the spacious balcony overlooking the park and the entire city of Amsterdam.
- All rooms offer stunning (!) views of the park and the city of Amsterdam.
- Large open plan living room, including a large dinner table and a spacious, modern, fully equipped kitchen.
- Bedroom #1: spacious master bedroom with a luxurious walk-in bathroom including a powerful two person shower and double sink (Bathroom #1).
- Bedroom #2: has a brand new and very comfortable queen size sofa bed, a desk and an amazing view of the park.
- More than enough closet space to hang your clothing and store personal belongings in both bedrooms.
- Bathroom #2 / Laundry: modern and powerful shower, sink, washer and dryer.
- Parking spot included. The parking garage is located underneath the building and very safe.
- Bicycles: available for a fixed price of EUR 15 each for the duration of your stay.
- High speed (60MB) Wi-Fi internet connection. Brand new HD Smart TV (cable - HD digital) offering hundreds of channels in many languages.
THE REMBRANDT PARK
- The park is practically adjacent to the (more crowded, but also beautiful) Vondelpark, providing a beautifully green, relaxing, fast and safe walking or bicycle route all the way to the Leidseplein.
- It is ideal for a relaxing afternoon, a picnic or barbecue and also for walking, jogging or a game of football. There are two public tennis courts, public fitness equipment and even several interesting pieces of art.
- The park is lush, versatile and a home for more than thirty bird species and other animals such as rabbits, hedgehogs and turtles(!). It also offers a petting zoo (try their fresh, organic eggs) and several cool playgrounds for kids.
- Within walking distance, there are four good supermarkets and plenty of specialty shops for food and groceries. Nearby, you will also find two open air market places for the freshest ingredients at a low price.
- Within a ten minute radius, there are numerous good places to have breakfast or lunch, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, nightclubs and (movie) theaters.
Bus 18: "Bus Stop Nachtwachtlaan"
- Within 1 minute walking distance
- Will take you to the Jordaan, the canals and Amsterdam Central Station (10 - 20 minutes)
- In the opposite direction, this bus will take you to Metro line 50 ("Bus Stop Jan Tooropstraat").
Bus 64: "Bus Stop Marius Bauerstraat"
- 1 minute walking distance
- Will take you to Station Lelylaan (trains, buses, trams, metro) or, in the opposite direction, to Station Sloterdijk (trains, buses, trams, metro).
Bus 15: "Bus Stop Postjesweg" or "Bus Stop Corantijnstraat"
- 5 - 10 minute walking distance
- Will take you to Station Zuid/WTC (trains, buses, trams, metro) or, in the opposite direction, to Station Sloterdijk (trains, buses, trams, metro).
Tram 17: "Tram Stop Postjesweg"
- 5 - 10 minute walking distance
- Will take you to the Jordaan, the canals and Amsterdam Central Station (10 - 20 minutes)
- In the opposite direction (direction Osdorp de Aker), this tram will take you to Station Lelylaan for trains and Metro line 50.
Tram 1: "Tram Stop Surinameplein"
- 10 - 15 minute walking distance (or take tram 17 first)
- Will take you to the Vondelpark, the Leidseplein, the canals and Amsterdam Central Station (5 - 20 minutes)
- In the opposite direction (direction Osdorp Dijkkgraafplein), this tram will take you to Station Lelylaan for trains and Metro line 50.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to our home in Amsterdam and hope that you have a wonderful stay!
Floris & Allie
- Two bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Parking garage
- Spacious balcony overlooking park and city
- High speed WiFi
- Washer / Dryer
- Two bicycles (EUR 15 per bike per stay)
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Large living room
- Large dining table
- Towels and sheets
- HD TV with Cable TV (200+ channels)
- Three steaming hot and powerful showers
- Seperate toilet including bidet and sink
- Two sets of house keys
If you are interested in staying at our place, please send us a message explaining a little bit about yourself and your fellow travelers. We always are interested in knowing your name, your (approximate) age and your occupation. A profile picture is highly appreciated.
Usually, our cleaning lady Sofie - who is amazing, by the way - will handle the check in and out. Check in is flexible, but of course has to be aligned with Sofie's agenda. If you plan to travel by car and want to use the parking garage, please let us know.
Nous remercions Floris et Allie de nous avoir accueilli dans leur appartement très design et fonctionnel avec une vue imprenable sur Amsterdam, conforme aux photos, endroit calme. Du sérieux de leur part quand aux éventuelles questions posées. Centre ville à 15 minutes en vélo. Séjour trop court.
The place is a dream. I can't complain about the apartment space and accomodation. The 4 of us guests were extremely comfortable and felt pampered in the spaciousness of and amenities of the apartment. We enjoyed the balcony too. Caveat: it is 20 to 25 mins outside the city centre by bus/tram. The bus 18 stop is in front of the apt and the tram 17 is a 10-15 min walk across the park. There isn't much going on around these stops. It's (email hidden). At the bus stop there is actually nothing around, so I highly recommend potential guests to hit a grocery store or corner store BEFORE arriving as you will be hard pressed to find any place nearby for food. There was only tea and coffee at the apartment (no complimentary beer or wine as noted in the house manual). I requested a copy of the house manual in advanced but never received it. However, in my case I can understand this lack of correspondence from the host as he was getting married and going on his honeymoon the weeks leading up to my booking. We didn't, however, appreciate being whisked out of the apartment by 10am by the cleaning lady when we told the host our train wouldn't depart until after 3pm. We would have appreciated bring told prior to our arrival that other guests would be arriving at 2pm the day that we planned to checkout. Incidentally, potential Arbnb users should note: I always only recommend AirBnB for those who are flexible with their time. Meeting with the host proprietor or the designated contact person is a hit or miss. At first we were not sure how long we would need to wait outside for Sophie, the cleaning lady, with no where in the area to sit and wait. Luckliy we only had to wait 30 mins for her to arrive and give us the keys.
Floris and Allie's 10th floor beautiful apartment is perfectly situated 2 mins from the bus stop that takes you to Centraal Station. The apartment was well furnished with two large bedrooms a nice front room, dining room, kitchen area. There's plenty of closet space and a washer and dryer and two shower areas. BUT the most wonderful thing about the apartment are the spectacular views from two different vantage points. The apartment overlooks a beautiful park with walking and bike paths. Floris is very receptive to changes in schedules and he and Allie were days from their wedding when we were working with them to secure an additional night. If we ever make it back to Amsterdam, it will be to stay at their beautiful apartment! It is so much nicer than being in a hotel for 10 days! Thanks so much Floris and Allie!
Wir haben 6 Tage in Amsterdam verbracht und die herrliche Wohnung mit der wunderbaren Aussicht auf die Stadt sehr geschaetzt.
un voyage trés sympa dans un magnifique appartement , conforme aux photos , a 12 min de tram du centre , ville trés agréable . Floris et Allie sont trés sérieux et répondent rapidement à d'eventuelles questions . Je pense repasser quelques jours dans leur logement au cours de l'année tellement cela nous a plus.
merci a vous
We had an almost perfect experience with this apartment. The heat worked great, the hot water was HOT (yay!), water pressure was perfect, and the bed was not two mattresses pushed together!!! The whole place is clean and decorated minimally so there is no clutter. The TV has American channels- something that is VERY hard to find over here. The view was nice. Our Chevy Traverse actually fit in the parking garage underneath the building. It's been very hard to find space for it here in Europe, but the garage was plenty spacious enough. SO the place itself is truly 5 stars. I will say that I found it to be a little far away though, particularly for traveling with two very young children in the winter. It's about a ten minute walk to the tram. And once you get there you have to wait and vice versa on your way back. It can be kind of hard when your family is freezing and your babies are screaming their face off- 20-30 minute travel time to get back to the apartment can seem like forever.
We did have one hitch with this stay though- the key hand off. We texted the cleaning lady 1 hour before our arrival (no response). So 20 minutes lady we called her- she didn't speak english so she passes us to her son (who did speak english) and we told him we would be there in 40 minutes. He understood completely and said she would be there waiting. We got there exactly 40 minutes later and waited 15 minutes- nobody showed. So we called and she said 15 minutes. So we waited. Still nothing. Called again- she said 10 minutes. FINALLY she arrived. Not a terribly big deal.. but after driving almost 7 hours from Germany, we didn't want to have to wait with screaming children for almost 40 minutes when we gave her plenty of notice when we were going to be there.
Thanks for your feedback Laura, and I am very happy to hear that you liked our place so much! Although we do not (yet) have any kids ourselves, I can imagine that traveling with a 1 and 3 year old has it's challenges and may slow things down a bit (especially in winter time). ;-) About the key exchange: we always try our very best to align the check in with our guests' travel schedule as good as we can. I apologize for any miscommunication and inconvenience that you have experienced in this respect. We will make sure to smooth everything out and improve the procedure even more. Thanks again for your stay and you are more than welcome to come back anytime! All the best, Allie & Floris
We have stayed at Floris & Allie apartment for 3 night. They answered quick and kindly and were very nice.
When we arrived we scheduled to meet with Sofie but she was almost half an hour late.. but when we finally entered we were dazzled by the beautiful apartment and the view!
Everything was clean and welcoming. The guidebook is very helpful and there are many usufel maps.
We slept on the opening couch in the office and it was very comfortable. we also used the parking garage which was convinient.
Overall great experince and thank you for hosting us at your charming apartment! We definetely wish to stay longer :)
El apartamento fantático!! muy moderno, limpio y espacioso, con mucha luz y bien comunicado en bus. Las camas muy muy cómodas... Nos encantó!!
We had a wonderful time at Floris and Allie's apartment! The place matches exactly its description; the view over the park and the city is stunning, the kitchen is well equipped, and we had all kinds of facilities not far away from home. They were very attentive and helpful. Highly recommended! :)
appartement correspondant aux détails de l'annonce. très spacieux et très bien équipés, la vue panoramique sur parc est impressionnante. floris est une propriétaire à l'écoute des hôtes et elle est très réactive pour les aider. documentation touristique disponible sur place. Cet appartement est idéal pour passer un excellent séjour à amsterdam, métro est proche (5mn à pied), station bus (2mn à pied) pour se rendre à centraal station en 20 mn. Merci à floris et allie pour leur accueil.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.