About This Listing
I'm a jazz pianist who's sometimes away from my apartment.
Greenwich Village is quiet, safe, and full of life. The neighborhood is splendid for walking about, nestled amid fine eateries, strollworthy High Line park, bustling St. Marks ...(cont'd)
(continued from above)... shopping down Broadway to the boutiques of SoHo. Best of all, Union Square, a major transit hub and home to the largest farmers' market in NYC, is two blocks away.
AND Washington Square Park (my favorite) is only four blocks away. You'll be a few train stops to museums, times square, central park and even the waterfronts and brooklyn. Right next door are the teeming Strand bookstore, cafés for croissants and hot cocoa (the cozy Pain Quotidien is my favorite), and lots of small restaurants.I love living here...Amenities include:
* high ceilings, gas kitchen, outdoor space, air conditioning
* bright bedroom (dark curtains), queen-sized organic foam bed
* bathroom with bathtub, hair dryer and all-natural shampoo/soaps
* loft area with its own queen bed with the plushest mattress topper I could find
* grand piano, my baby which I am trusting you with...if you play piano that's great :) (also acoustic guitar/hand drums)
* wood-tiled balcony with hammock/bench/table facing a quiet street, great for candlelit evenings
* large work desk, dining table, three-seat sofa with a reclining seat (also good for sleeping one person)
* wireless broadband internet
* guest computer available for going online (let me know if you want me to set this up)
* elevator and laundry in building
* towels and linens provided of course
* iron and ironing board
* super awesome games like taboo and scrabble
*** Please inquire before directly making a reservation request.
Maybe just one rule... I'd like guests to treat my apartment as you would treasure your own, if you were going to have company at your own place, etc. So if you could clean up your own spills, and leave the place as you found it, that would be very much appreciated. I prefer not to charge clean-up fees, which means that I will personally be doing any cleaning. I find that most guests are considerate by nature, thankfully!
Preferences and random notes:
* generally I don't wear shoes in the house and ask company to do the same. if you feel comfortable taking your shoes off too (there is a shoe rack by the door), you are doubly awesome.
* you're welcome to use all the common kitchen items, like pots, pans, fridge, tupperware, olive oil, seasonings, etc.
* you're welcome to borrow items from bookshelves when you visit.
* I may ask if you would mind watering the plants if you'd be so kind :)
My daughter and three of her friends stayed in Eric's apartment as part of their high school graduation trip to NYC.
Eric was great about coordinating all the logistics of the trip with me as well as answering questions I had about the neighborhood, the apartment and more.
The young ladies had a fabulous time. Eric met them when they arrived, made them feel welcome and comfortable about the apartment, and provided written information (which they found very useful) about the local logistics and recommendations.
It was a great experience for them and, based on their feedback, would highly recommend this host and this location which was centrally located with walking distance of many local attractions, as well as a satellite police station.
Eric was a wonderful host! He made us feel very welcome and gave us good tips about where to go and what to do. The flat is exactly as described on the site, perfect for four people. The air conditioning in both rooms was very convenient considering the warm weather. The location is excellent, right next to Union Square, restaurants, shops, etc. Nice area. We recommend this flat warmly to anyone who wants to stay in a nice, clean flat in an excellent location.
Lägenheten var precis som beskriven och läget var perfekt! Eric var en fantastisk värd; mycket hjälpsam och punktlig!
Great location, cool apartment, and the balcony is a real bonus when it's hot - just sitting outside in the mornings with a cup of tea. There was a warm welcome from our host Eric, and picking up the keys / handing them back was quick and easy. We really enjoyed our stay, and would consider staying here on our next trip to NYC.
This is a well appointed apartment is tatstefully furnished. the geographical location in the East Village gives easy access to Union Square's many Metro lines and a proliferation of varied eateries within easy reach.
The owner is on hand for a very warm welcome and makes himself available if required to resolve any issues that may arise.
Very difficult to find fault
About the Host, Eric
There is a bright, warm garden at the center of the Frick museum which has a timeless quality to it. That's the experience I would like to impart to all guests: a calm and cozy sanctuary that instantly feels like home even though the place is new.
On Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday you can find the farmers market at union square. Weds and Sat are the bigger days.New York NY
A decent, cozy italian restaurant, but you can also just stop by for an olive oil ice cream sprinkled with sea salt.5th Ave New York NY 10003-4312
my favorite park, especially when its warm. also, here is new yorks own adorable, mini arc de triomphe.5 Avenue New York NY 10003
A tiny spot with a warm atmosphere, friendly bartender, and good Cajun cuisine such as jalapeño cornbread.Great Jones St # A New York NY 10012-1167
a simply superb jazz spot.West 10th Street New York NY 10014
amazing food. I love the kotthu roti with vegetables. Be careful that the curries can be extremely spicy so you may want to order them in mild.1st Avenue New York NY 10003
the arepas are delicious, a bit doughy and a bit crispy, and I also recommend the coconut milkshake and plantain chips with guasacaca salsa.East 7th Street New York NY 10009-5731
this chipotle has whole wheat tortillas!8th Avenue New York NY 10011