I'm a jazz pianist who's sometimes away from my apartment.
Greenwich Village is quiet, safe, and full of life. The neighborhood is splendid for walking around. It's nestled amid fine eateries, strollworthy High Line park, bustling St. Marks, shopping down Broadway to the boutiques of SoHo. Best of all, Union Square, a major transit hub and home to the largest farmers' market in NYC, is two blocks away.
AND Washington Square Park (my favorite) is only four blocks away. You'll be a few train stops to museums, times square, central park and even the waterfronts and brooklyn. Right next door are the teeming Strand bookstore, cafés for croissants and hot cocoa (the cozy Pain Quotidien is my favorite), and lots of small restaurants. I love living here...Amenities include:
* high ceilings, gas kitchen, outdoor space, air conditioning
* bright bedroom (dark curtains), queen-sized organic foam bed
* bathroom with bathtub, hair dryer and all-natural shampoo/soaps
* loft area with its own queen bed with the plushest mattress topper I could find
* grand piano, my baby which I am trusting you with...if you play piano that's great :) (also acoustic guitar/hand drums)
* wood-tiled balcony with hammock/bench/table facing a quiet street, great for candlelit evenings
* large work desk, dining table, three-seat sofa with a reclining seat (also good for sleeping one person)
* wireless broadband internet
* guest computer available for going online (let me know if you want me to set this up)
* elevator and laundry in building
* towels and linens provided of course
* iron and ironing board
* super awesome games like taboo and scrabble
*** Please inquire before directly making a reservation request.
Maybe just one rule... I'd like guests to treat my apartment as you would treasure your own, if you were going to have company at your own place, etc. So if you could clean up your own spills, and leave the place as you found it, that would be very much appreciated. I prefer not to charge clean-up fees, which means that I will personally be doing any cleaning. I find that most guests are considerate by nature, thankfully!
Preferences and random notes:
* generally I don't wear shoes in the house and ask company to do the same. if you feel comfortable taking your shoes off too (there is a shoe rack by the door), you are doubly awesome.
* you're welcome to use all the common kitchen items, like pots, pans, fridge, tupperware, olive oil, seasonings, etc.
* you're welcome to borrow items from bookshelves when you visit.
* I may ask if you would mind watering the plants if you'd be so kind :)
Amazing place, very central, in a very nice quarter (Greenwich). Eric was a great host, always available if questions, give us goog advise... The loft provides 2 real beds (we where four), with all facilities... I would definitely come back here for my next trip in NYC... Thanks a lot Eric, was great meeting you and staying at your flat.
Eric è un ospite delizioso, disponibile e preciso. La sua casa è un luogo perfetto ove abitare (direi non più di due persone) a NYC. Indirizzo eccellente, consente di raggiungere a piedi alcuni dei luoghi più belli e vivaci della città. Da non sottovalutare la presenza dell'ascensore, visto che l'appartamento è al sesto piano!
This place is just as described, and in one of the best locations in NYC. Everything is so easy to get to. Union Square is a major subway station, just 2 blocks away. There are tons of restaurants, shops and cafes all within a 5 minute walk, as well as supermarkets such as whole foods...and the farmer's market on Union square (great cheese).
Eric made us feel really welcome, and gave us lots of useful information about what to do in the area. He let my daughter play his glorious piano. Absolutely fantastic. I only have one tiny gripe, and that is that the heating is set too high. While we couldn't control it ourselves, it is straightforward to open a window!
We took our teenage daughters back to where they were born and couldn't have asked for a better NY experience. Eric's apartment was very similar to our own 17 years ago so the nostalgia factor was through the roof! The girls loved sleeping on the loft and made good use of the piano. The area is truly one of the best with Union Square around the block and all our favorite places within short walking distance. Eric was a lovely host and helpful in every way. We've already recommended his place to many of our friends.
Eric's place has everything you need, and everything is in perfect conditions. It is the perfect place to spend some days in NY, with good transport conections. It is located in an amazing neighborhood.
And Eric is always prepared to help and make your stay much better.
I am sure i am going to repeat the experience! I highly recommend this apartment!
The quintessential New York apartment! Perfect location in the Village- extremely convenient- a few minutes' walk to Union Square. Great for healthy shopping at Whole Foods, by the way. Eric, a very attentive and helpful host, keeps his place clean and hygienic with organic products. His apartment is equipped with a beautiful Steinway piano- absolutely recommended for pianists and musicians in general. My girlfriend and I could practise there without any problems. Other highlights include impressive speakers, a classy bookshelf of eclectic books, and very comfortable beds in the bedroom and in the loft. We stayed at Eric's place for two weeks and found it an ideal place from which to explore the city. Thank you Eric!
Eric made us feel so welcome in his home. The accommodation was exactly as we expected from the website description and a perfect location to explore New York from. Eric gave us lots of ideas for places to eat and they certainly lived up to expectation. We would definitely return if we visit New York again.
There is a bright, warm garden at the center of the Frick museum which has a timeless quality to it. That's the experience I would like to impart to all guests: a calm and cozy sanctuary that instantly feels like home even though the place is new.