I'm a jazz pianist who's sometimes away from my apartment.
Greenwich Village is quiet, safe, and full of life. The neighborhood is splendid for walking around. It's nestled amid fine eateries, strollworthy High Line park, bustling St. Marks, shopping down Broadway to the boutiques of SoHo. Best of all, Union Square, a major transit hub and home to the largest farmers' market in NYC, is two blocks away.
AND Washington Square Park (my favorite) is only four blocks away. You'll be a few train stops to museums, times square, central park and even the waterfronts and brooklyn. Right next door are the teeming Strand bookstore, cafés for croissants and hot cocoa (the cozy Pain Quotidien is my favorite), and lots of small restaurants. I love living here...Amenities include:
* high ceilings, gas kitchen, outdoor space, air conditioning
* bright bedroom (dark curtains), queen-sized organic foam bed
* bathroom with bathtub, hair dryer and all-natural shampoo/soaps
* loft area with its own queen bed with the plushest mattress topper I could find
* grand piano, my baby which I am trusting you with...if you play piano that's great :) (also acoustic guitar/hand drums)
* wood-tiled balcony with hammock/bench/table facing a quiet street, great for candlelit evenings
* large work desk, dining table, three-seat sofa with a reclining seat (also good for sleeping one person)
* wireless broadband internet
* guest computer available for going online (let me know if you want me to set this up)
* elevator and laundry in building
* towels and linens provided of course
* iron and ironing board
* super awesome games like taboo and scrabble
*** Please inquire before directly making a reservation request.
Maybe just one rule... I'd like guests to treat my apartment as you would treasure your own, if you were going to have company at your own place, etc. So if you could clean up your own spills, and leave the place as you found it, that would be very much appreciated. I prefer not to charge clean-up fees, which means that I will personally be doing any cleaning. I find that most guests are considerate by nature, thankfully!
Preferences and random notes:
* generally I don't wear shoes in the house and ask company to do the same. if you feel comfortable taking your shoes off too (there is a shoe rack by the door), you are doubly awesome.
* you're welcome to use all the common kitchen items, like pots, pans, fridge, tupperware, olive oil, seasonings, etc.
* you're welcome to borrow items from bookshelves when you visit.
* I may ask if you would mind watering the plants if you'd be so kind :)
Eric's place has everything you need, and everything is in perfect conditions. It is the perfect place to spend some days in NY, with good transport conections. It is located in an amazing neighborhood.
And Eric is always prepared to help and make your stay much better.
I am sure i am going to repeat the experience! I highly recommend this apartment!
The quintessential New York apartment! Perfect location in the Village- extremely convenient- a few minutes' walk to Union Square. Great for healthy shopping at Whole Foods, by the way. Eric, a very attentive and helpful host, keeps his place clean and hygienic with organic products. His apartment is equipped with a beautiful Steinway piano- absolutely recommended for pianists and musicians in general. My girlfriend and I could practise there without any problems. Other highlights include impressive speakers, a classy bookshelf of eclectic books, and very comfortable beds in the bedroom and in the loft. We stayed at Eric's place for two weeks and found it an ideal place from which to explore the city. Thank you Eric!
Eric made us feel so welcome in his home. The accommodation was exactly as we expected from the website description and a perfect location to explore New York from. Eric gave us lots of ideas for places to eat and they certainly lived up to expectation. We would definitely return if we visit New York again.
Eric was the perfect host! Made us feel at ease and let us do a very early check-in, despite his duties. His house is just as described and very cozy, not to mention the perfect location.
A really recommended stay!!!
Eric has a wonderful apartment with a real sense of style. The location, just two blocks from Union Station, gives easy access to the most useful Subway lines and is surrounded by the shops, restaurants and parks of Greenwich Village. The apartment includes all the amenities you would expect as well as a grand piano, amazing bookshelf and Eric left us a number of gifts that made us feel welcome. Eric was a great host - responsive to emails, flexible about fitting our schedule and with thoughtful recommendations about places to eat. The apartment is great value and left us with a strong impression of how New Yorkers really live. Top marks!
Everything went as expected, Eric's place its really coazy, nice and close to everything.
We kept in touch with Eric before and during the trip, he gave us tips, and good suggestions on our trip in NYC, so that made for us a great first experience with airbnb.
Eric was a great host, greeting us when we arrived (even though we got really delayed!) and making us feel very welcome in his home, with some great neighbourhood recommendations. His cosy flat was clean, really warm even in freezing December (slightly too warm in the mezzanine bed, we had to open windows!) and in a brilliant location. We'd definitely love to go back again sometime.
There is a bright, warm garden at the center of the Frick museum which has a timeless quality to it. That's the experience I would like to impart to all guests: a calm and cozy sanctuary that instantly feels like home even though the place is new.