About this listing
One of three lovely cottages on a six acre tropical estate is waiting for you. Enjoy the solar-heated, saline pool or regulation tennis court. Listen to the birds settling into the giant banyan tree each evening at sunset. E hele mai.
If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of touristy areas, we invite you to stay with us for a taste of rural island life.
You will find us on the eastern, and more lush, side of the Big Island of Hawaii, just 20 miles south of Hilo (between Kea'au and Pahoa in Hawaiian Paradise Park). We are centrally located, an excellent base for visiting the world’s most active volcano, lovely botanical gardens, thermal hot pools, black sand beaches, tropical rainforests, spectacular waterfalls and much, much more. It is just minutes to picturesque lava cliffs perfect for whale watching and turtle sightings, to little known hiking trails, or to the historic village of Pahoa with its quaint shops and choice of ethnic restaurants. Our family, long time residents living on site, will be very happy to point you in exciting directions.
Three comfortable, one bedroom and studio size, family style cottages, a beautiful, forty foot, saline pool...a private regulation tennis court ... a picturesque gazebo..and a mini playground, all on our six acre estate, are available for your family’s use.
NAKUKUI COTTAGE, our lovely studio and perfect for two guests, is set amidst large lawns and graceful palm, near the solar heated pool and tennis court. It has a half sized but fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, cableTV/DVD player, private phone, ceiling fans and a full bath. There is a king sized bed in the single room as well as a sitting area. All linen is provided. The dining area is a private screened lanai. Barbeques are available.
An assortment of breakfast delights including fresh eggs laid by our chickens, an assortment of local fruit as well as an assortment of tea, coffee, or fresh juice will be stocked for your enjoyment.
Children love us and are very welcome (We run a homeschooling program August to May)..... Sorry,pets are not. However, we are happy to share our large assortment of animals with you. Our favorite garbage disposal is our large sulcata tortoise, Nunui.
Please leave the cottage neat...wash dishes, strip beds, take away garbage. No animals are allowed inside. If you smoke, please do so outside only. Our property is for registered guests only. Pick any flowers or fruits that you would enjoy.
This Lease Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between Airbnb host (“Homeowner") and (“Guest") as of the date last set forth on the agreement made via Airbnb. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, by booking with Maku’u Vacation Rentals in Paradise on Airbnb, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property address will be disclosed at time of booking.
2. Rental Party. The rental party shall consist of Adults and Children (under age 18). The maximum number of guests is limited to 2 to 5 persons, depending on cottage. No additional guests staying the night beyond the agreed upon number are allowed.
3. Term of the Lease. The lease begins on the “Check-in Date" and ends on the “Check-out Date". No refunds are issued for late check-in or early departure.
4. Rental Rate and Fees.
As listed in the Airbnb reservation system and subject to change. Refer to the official reservation for details.
5. Any damage to the Property during the term of the lease or additional cleaning required will be charged to the Guest. Guest will be responsible for any excess cost of repair or replacement required as a result of damage caused by the Rental Party during the lease term, and Guest shall pay the same promptly to Homeowner upon written request, provided such written request is accompanied by documentation of such excess costs of repair or replacement.
6. Rental Rules. Guest and all members of the Rental Party shall abide by all local, state and federal laws and regulations at all times in conjunction with the rental of the property. Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. At the termination of this Lease, Guest shall quietly yield up the Property in good and habitable condition in all respects, as it was when the Guest took possession.
7. Liability. Guest and all members of the Rental Party personally assume all risks of property loss or damage and physical injury or death that exist or may exist in connection with use or occupancy of the Property. Guest and all members of the Rental Party release Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim for damage, accident or injury that and any members of the Rental Party may sustain from use or occupancy of the Property during the term of this Lease Agreement and agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim, action or proceeding by Guest and all members of the Rental Party, their family, estate, heirs or assigns related to a claim for damage, accident or injury during the use or occupancy of the Property.
8. Access. Guest shall allow Homeowner and their agents, upon request, to enter the property at all times for purposes of repair, improvement, and inspection.
9. Other. Guest shall not assign the lease or sublet the Property. The terms of this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Hawaii, Hawaii County.
10. Cancellation Policy: All funds will be refunded with a cancellation 30 or more days prior to the check in date. Cancellations after that time will be happily rescheduled.
- The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
11. Payment: Payment is received through the Airbnb processing system.
Booking the property is an indication that all parties agree to the terms of this Lease Agreement.
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES
1. Absolutely no smoking or pets permitted inside home.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in or use the facilities on the property.
3. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the Property. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
4. Swimming Pool waiver
IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to enter premises and property for vacation rental or any other purpose, the undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her personal representatives, guests, children, heirs, and next of kin, acknowledges, agrees, and represents that he/she has or will immediately upon entering, and will continuously thereafter, thoroughly inspect such areas and his/her continued presence constitutes an acknowledgment that he/she has inspected house, deck and entire property and he/she finds and accepts such areas as being safe and reasonably suited for the purposes of his/her use, and he/she further agrees and warrants that if, at any time, he/she feels anything to be unsafe, he/she and all guests will immediately leave the area and advise appropriate persons.
THE UNDERSIGEND hereby RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND
COVENANTS NOT TO SUE Michael Greenlaw or Cynthia Edwards Greenlaw personally
and as company or corporate representatives, their members, managers, operators, officials, officers, directors, employees, owners and lessees of the premises, all for the purposes herein referred to as "releasees", from all liability to the undersigned, guests, representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demand thereof on account of INJURY to the person(s) or property or resulting in DEATH of the undersigned or guests, whether caused by negligence of the releases.
Or otherwise while in or upon the area. THE UNDERSIGNED hereby AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may occur due to their presence in or upon the area and whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise. THE UNDERSIGNED hereby accepts full responsibility for each child who arrives on the property. All children under the age of 17 must be supervised at all times.
Use of swimming pool carries risk that may result in serious injury or death, and unsupervised use by children is prohibited.
5. Cell phone coverage is good at the Property. There is no landline phone.
6. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Use appliances only for their intended uses. Household items (towels, utensils, games, etc.) are not to be removed from the Property.
7. Be respectful of neighbors and keep music at reasonable level during the day. Please refrain from noise from 9:00 PM - 9:00 AM.
8. Pets are not permitted.
9. There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, but we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
10. The Property is well equipped with kitchen essentials such as paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent etc.
11. Prior to departure:
a. replace all chairs, cushions, games and equipment where originally located;
b. wash all dishes, pots and pans used and leave in the rack to dry;
c. place all sheets, linens, and towels used in a pile on the lanai;
d. clean up and properly dispose of all trash at the local transfer station;
e. turn off all lights.
f. leave all the keys on the kitchen counter. Lost keys incur a $25.00 fee.
11. Please enjoy your stay in Paradise.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 42 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I grew up here in Hawaiian Paradise Park. My dad and I were the first residents, in 1960. Hawaii was a wonderful place to grow up. I raised my own four children here.
Today I enjoy running a small alternative elementary school. My husband and I are delighted to share our knowledge of the area with you.