About this listing
Come discover why we are the number one listing on Airbnb users' Wish Lists in Norway.
From the reviews: "Simply stunning and relaxing!", "amazing!!", "beautiful place with stunning views", "epitome of nature, silence and beatitude".
Small scout cabin with nice view. Basic standard. Fresh water from pump outside (Note!! The well may be dry if you use too much water. You can get drinking water from Skapertjern or depending on the season, a nerby steam). Heating with wood stove. Candlelight. No electricity. Mobile phone coverage (gsm). Great hiking and crosscontry possibilities. (Snow from December/January to Mars/April)
The cabin has 4 beds with 5-6 places. The floor has several places. Its possible to be more than 8 people. Ask, and we find a solution.
Other things to note
Please, read the "FAQ" and the "House Rules", before asking questions....
NOTE! There is no cleaning fee as you are required to clean after yourself. It is not possible to give any guarantee that the previous tenant has the same cleaning requirements that you have.
* How do we get from the train station to the cabin? You must walk. Bring good shoes and a backpack (you can rent one if you need to).
* How much does it cost from the airport?
About NOK 210 per person by train.
* Does the water pump work in winter? Yes.
(Note!! The well may be dry if you use too much water. You can find water in the stream and the two lakes.)
* Can you drink the water from the water pump and from the lakes without boiling it? Yes.
* Do we need to bring water containers? No,
there are plenty in the cabin.
* Do we need to bring candles? Yes. We
recommend tall candles rather than tealights as they are safer and give better light.
* Is there a toilet? Yes, an outhouse.
Bring your own toilet paper.
* A shower? Yes, outside in the moonlight
with a bucket or have a bath in the lake.
* What would the temperature be inside the
cabin in winter? It can be anywhere between -20 and +25 degrees, depending on
the outside temperature and your ability to use the wood stove.
* How likely are we to see wildlife? There
are moose nearby and birds, badgers, deer, lynx, squirrels, mice, rabbits and foxes in the area. You probably won’t see them, but you will see lots of tracks.
* What should we bring besides sleeping bags? Food, candles, toilet paper + read the House Rules (received when you book).
* How far is it to the supermarket? It’s about four kilometres (1-2 hours on foot, each way) to Liertoppen and to Gullaug (one is north of the cabin, the other south).
* Is the supermarket open on Sunday? Not
the two closest ones (Liertoppen and Gullaug). There is a supermarket in Drammen, and one Kiwi about 7 kilometres from the cabin. For reference, Liertoppen is open from 10am to 9pm (6pm on Saturdays); Gullaug is open from 7am to 11pm every day except Sunday.
* Is it possible to have a campfire? Sorry, campfires are not allowed in Norway between 15 April and 15 September. At other times, please find your own wood, don’t use firewood from the woodshed for campfires.
* Can we go fishing on Skapertjern or Stuvstjern lakes? Yes, but you’ll need a license. They cost about NOK 200 for each lake; we can arrange a permit for you.
* How can we ask for help? If there is an emergency, call
110 : Fire department
112 : Police operations centers
113 : Emergency medical communications center
* Other equipment rentals (prices are per week or weekend):
Local map and compass NOK 50
Garmin GPSmap 62s with local map NOK 200
Use it like it was your own. Please leave it the way you would expect to find it. Preferably a little better than it was when you arrived.
It is at least expected that you
- clean the cabin and outhouse with soap and water before you leave
- move the same quantity of firewood, which you have used during your stay, from the outside storage 100 - 150 meters from the cabin.
You’ll need to bring a sleeping bag or blanket, or you can rent a sleeping bag with sleeping bag liner from the local scout group. (NOK 150 for a week or weekend.)
NOTE! There is no cleaning fee as you are required to clean after yourself. This includes all used utensils, tables, benches, the floor and outside toilet.
Things to remember:
Take your garbage with you when you leave.
(You can drop it off when you return the key.)
Do NOT leave any food in the cabin.
Fill UP the wood-box inside with both logs and small sticks. You may have to use the saw and the axe to cut your own wood pieces to get them usable.
Please clear the ash from the stove by putting it behind the outhouse. (Note: make sure the ash is cold, especially in summer, so you do not start a forest fire!)
Put the shutters back on the windows.
Lock the cabin, woodshed and outhouse.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 47 reviews for other properties.View other reviews