IN A NUTSHELL:
A homely and STYLISH bungalow located in the leafy UPMARKET suburb of Loresho in Northern Nairobi. Loresho House is set in its own ¾-acre (33'000 sq-ft) compound and surrounded by LUSH GARDENS, enclosed by a 2.5m/8ft-high chain-link fence and thick kei-apple HEDGE.
Our family-owned home boasts:
1) in the main house: FOUR cosy, individually decorated and furnished rooms*, each with a PRIVATE ENTRANCE and PATIO, all EN SUITE;
2) in the Annexe: two APARTMENTS, featuring one or two bedrooms, equipped kitchen and open-plan lounge, bathroom and private cosy garden.
All come in tasteful colour schemes and are equipped with hot-water showers. The apartments are self-catering.
We provide a delicious CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST including indigenous fruits, home grown tea and coffee. Sumptuous home-cooked meals, both Kenyan an international cuisine are readily available on request.
Loresho House comes with patrolled neighbourhood SECURITY, burglar alarms and smoke detectors. It is ideal for holiday makers, business travelers, summit/conference delegates, development co-operation experts, volunteers, interns, exchange students and honeymooners.
Located 27km/16mi from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO), 15Km/9mi from Nairobi's Central Business District (CBD) and in close PROXIMITY to the hype Westlands shopping quarter, we are well served by public transport and taxi services. The local shopping centre includes a supermarket, greengrocer, pharmacy, bars/pubs, petrol station, hair salon, etc. If you shall be working at the United Nations (UN) or in the Gigiri suburb, you will find Loresho House ideal, as you would not need to travel through the traffic flowing to the city centre. Incidentally, Loresho suburb is listed by the United Nations and the World Bank as a safe and recommended residential area.
Check out our F-B profile for more info.
Our "Bed & Breakfast" rates are payable in US$, KES/Ksh, £ Sterling, or €uro (at the valid bank exchange rate) for each night.
* In the main house the 4 en suite (shower, WC) guestrooms - (1) Velour, (2) Marine, (3) Nature and (4) Rustic - each have a maximum capacity of 2 guests (plus one baby cot);
* The Annexe apartments have:
- Annexe 1: a double-bedroom, kitchen, lounge (convertible to an extra sleeping area), bathroom and garden; 40m²;
- Annexe 2: a double-bedroom, a cosy single-bedroom, kitchen, lounge, bathroom and garden; 46m²;
all at the following daily rates, outside the festive season:
* Single Room = US$50 / €40
* Double or Twin Room = US$80 / €65
* Annexe 1 = US$100 / €80
* Annexe 2 = US$120 / €95
- Min. 7-day stay = 10% discount (rounded up to the nearest US$ or €uro)
- Min. 14-day stay = 15% discount (rounded up to the nearest US$ or €uro)
- Min. 28-day stay = 30% discount (rounded up to the nearest US$ or €uro)
* Children under 4 years, sharing a room with parents/guardians, are not charged
* Extra meals can be ordered at US$8 / €6 per guest
* Contact us for rates during the festive/holiday season
* Special rates for mid-term and long-term stay (from 4 weeks)
* Reduced rates for self-sufficient guests (excluding meals) in the apartments (Annexe 1 and Annexe 2)
- Check-in: 2pm/1400hr
- Check-out: 12pm/noon; upto 6pm/1800hr at half of the daily rate
- Special arrangements can be made on advance agreement
1) Internet is accessible via WIFI (we provide 8GB data bundle per month)
2) Laundry services: twice per week for a minimum 14-day stay
3) Continental breakfast; tea, coffee and cocoa all day
4) Housekeeping: rooms are cleaned daily for short-term stay, and thrice-weekly for mid-term stay; linen and towels are provided
5) Mosquito nets or repellents
6) Storage: each room has a built-in wardrobe (with hangers), 2 nightstands with lamps, dressing table and/or mirror
7) Coffee & tea (self-service)
8) Accessibility: LH can be reached from the CBD or Westlands by regular taxi or by communal taxi (locally known as "matatu") no. 23 or 22 upto Kangemi. The remaining 700m/yd stretch can be covered by Loresho matatus or, for the sporty, on foot.
9) Ample parking on the compound
10) Security: LH is fitted with an alarm system and external security lights; there (email hidden) neighbourhood watch service and Loresho Police Post is located 250m/yd away. The compound also borders the Kenya Police Staff College.
1) Airport transfers (pick-up and drop-off, at US$ 35-40 depending on arrival/departure time and amount of luggage)
2) Half-board (one extra meal) and full-board (two extra meals)
3) Packed meals for excursions
4) Mini-bar beverages
5) Extra laundry needs
6) Luggage storage
8) Designated drop-offs and pick-ups
9) City shopping and/or sightseeing tours
10) Neighbourhood orientation
If you need airport pick-up or drop-off, a chauffeur for within or without the environs of Nairobi, we can organise it for you with our trusted driver.
We can also arrange for Safaris and car-rentals through our partners.
Loresho House is ideal for small events, retreats and meetings; and the grounds are perfect for birthday parties, weddings and jubilee celebrations. Get in touch for more information.
!!Special Offer !!
Experience the art of growing and harvesting tea: request a trip to our very own RŨGANO KIKUYU COTTAGE, located on a plantation in Kirinyaga district on the southern slopes of MT. (email hidden) drive from Loresho.
* WELCOME to Nairobi, welcome to LORESHO HOUSE !!
* KARIBU Nairobi, karibu LORESHO HOUSE !!
* NOTE: The online calendar on AirBnB shows full booking even when only one room is booked. That does not mean that the other rooms are not available. To be sure please locate us on popular social forums like F-B to check whether the other 3 rooms and apartments are vacant.
- Private entrances and patios
- Laundry Services (for minimum 14-day booking)
The Manager, or her representative, and household staff are normally present day and night. In case they are absent for any irregular reason, the Manager shall inform the guest and can be reached via telephone.
- Loresho House is located in a serene, peaceful, green, secure, gated-community, which is part of the Loresho South Residents Association (LSRA).
- LH is bordered by the Kenya Police Staff College and the Loresho Police Post is situated 250m away.
- There is a Presbyterian church 400m (5-minutes walk) away.
- The local shopping centre, including supermarket, greengrocer, pharmacy, bar/pub, petrol station, hair salon, etc.
- Loresho suburb is listed by the United Nations and the World Bank as a safe and recommended residential area
Thanks so much Nyandia for the time at your place and your service. It was perfect to get a rest after our long days and the area really offers the required peace to relax. Furthermore the apartments are perfectly located and close to Nakuru Highway which perfectly connected us to the city center. Will definitly recomend your place to everybody staying in Nairobi! All the best and see you soon again!
We had a short but lovely stay at Loresho House and could profit from the warm and welcoming atmosphere. The flexibility and friendliness of everybody in the team helped us to a great start into our Kenia-vacation.
We LOVED our stay in Loesho. Our hostesses could not have been more pleasant! They arranged a pick up from the shuttle station and several excursions during our stay. The room was lovely as was the garden and grounds. It's a gated community so we felt safe walking around the neighborhood. We highly recommend!! I would stay here again!
THE LOCATION: It is a gated community with security agents at the gate. We had no security trouble during our stay. Some people who work for the residents or other people who live in the neighborhood pass by but they have never caused trouble. We would jog around safely.
THE HOUSE: It is a quite large house with a nice and well-maintained garden. I absolutely loved the garden because it was green, spacious and a variety of birds would fly around. I would just sit there, enjoy and relax. It was not totally peaceful then because there were construction works in the yard, but otherwise it would quite peaceful!
THE PEOPLE: Jean was very welcoming and she made us comfortable. She introduced us to her family via the pictures and tried her best to make us feel at home. We also met Irene, who cooked most of our meals. It was always nice to chat with her. Then there was also Ann, the maid, who was very helpful and such a sweet lady. Simon, the taxi driver, was very friendly and helpful.
FOOD: The food is varied with lots of vegetables. It was always kept clean. The breakfast consists of toasts, butter, jam, one fried egg, one sausage and slices of tomatoes and cucumber with fruits.
HYGIENE: Ann does a good job to keep the whole house clean. The rooms are cleaned every 2-3 days and the bed sheets are changed every week.
We had clean food for all meals, but I unfortunately got very sick on my last day. This was probably due to the sour mango.
INTERNET: I had some trouble with the connection on the very first days but Jean called a technician and he did all he could to find a solution. Internet connections are not advanced and are quite expensive. The internet connection is shared with the whole house.
ENTERTAINMENT: There is no TV in the rooms; only one in the living room. We would watch the local channels sometimes but there was nothing interesting to watch; except the news. There is no DSTV.
Fortunately, Jean offered us a radio in our room; so we would spend our time listening to the radio.
YOU WILL LIKE THE PLACE: If you don't mind living with other people. Sometimes there would be noise in the early morning or late in the evening.
If you are looking for a safe place.
If you want to interact with people and not just stay in a hotel on your own.
If you don't mind having no TV.
If you want home-made meals.
If you love being able to relax outdoors in a garden.
They are actually building and making renovations. I wish them good luck and more forthcoming success in their business :)
Jean is very very kind and helpful!!
We had such a lovely visit with Jean! She made us feel so welcome. Her house and gardens are beautiful! We really fell in love with it. Her driver, Simon was exceptional. He drove us all over Nairobi and helped us find places we never would have found on our own. It was a wonderful experience and we hope to go back again.
We spent a couple of nights at Loresho in May 2012 and it was a great experience.
Jean was unfortunately away and so we never got to meet her but Irene was a wonderful host and we spent hours chatting while it rained outside.
Irene was very helpful and interesting and the house itself is peaceful and serene and a world away from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi.
We will hopefully return one day.
A tip: they offer to arrange a taxi to pick you up at the airport, take it and save yourself a lot of hassle.
I had an excellent time at Loresho house. Jean was very welcoming, and I certainly can't complain with refreshments on arrival, and a big breakfast the next day. She also had a trusted driver pick me up and drop me off at the airport, which was another relief. Definitely would recommend Loresho house for anyone stopping by in Nairobi.
Jean and Loresho House made my stay in Nairobi. In many ways, Jean and her staff became a family away from home. My needs were met, my expectations were exceeded. The morning breakfast is hearty and delicious—in my opinion, African mango is the best fruit on the planet! If you're travelling to Nairobi, Loresho House is where you want to stay.
Logistically, Loresho is just far enough from central Nairobi to be peaceful while close enough to remain convenient. The matatu 23 will take to Westlands or downtown, or you can call a driver who will take you anywhere you need to go for a reasonable fare.
Asante Sana, I'll be back soon.
I had a wonderful stay at the Loresho House for four days --Jean was away in Europe but I was left in the excellent care of Irene who, besides being a very nice and eloquent person, took great care of me. She arranged for a very nice taxi driver called Simon to pick me up from the airport at a more than decent rate, she made breakfast and very nice dinners and the room was impeccably clean and comfortable. The grounds of the property are very nice --it offers very relaxing surroundings and one would feel like a king if only I did not have to go to work at the United Nations compound in Kigiri every day... All in all a lovely stay and I would advise it to everyone, when staying in Nairobi, to book with Jean!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT