QUEEN with PRIVATE BATHROOM
We offer YIN to the YANG of Sin City. Holistic Healthy Lifestyle ECO Sanctuary! VEGETARIAN, Supportive, clean, historic downtown 1954 architectural duplex w/ garden CLOSE 2 Las Vegas Strip, Convention Center, Downtown.
Special discount pricing and PRIVATE WHOLE HOUSE (no roommate) Until March 15th!!! Includes PRIVATE BATHROOM!!!
WELCOME to our urban homestead... holistic health oriented, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, aa recovery, architectural preservation, artists, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity mcs.
BEFORE YOU CONTACT US, Please have
1) Face photo
2) Detailed profile
3) Verified ID
4) Confirm you agree to our House Rules...
We have several spaces available! THIS QUEEN ROOM listing, plus the following:
WHOLE VINTAGE VEGAS HOME
PRIVATE TWIN ROOM
PRIVATE DOUBLE ROOM
PRIVATE KING ROOM
YOU WILL BE SHARING THE BATHROOM WITH A FULL-TIME SINGLE GUEST.
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• Organic Coffee and Tea
• Cold waters in fridge + Complimentary healthy snacks as available
• All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• 1 bath with shower over tub (SHARED)
• Linens provided
• Fully equipped kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Coffee Maker
• Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Vitamix Professional Blender
• Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player
• Library of educational and inspirational movies: What the Bleep, Peaceful Warrior, the Secret, Depak Chopra, SuperSize me and more...
• Outdoor firepit
• Rebounder and Gravity Machine – Inversion Table
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Blackout Drapes
• Free Street Parking is always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Interaction with Guests
You choose the level of interaction YOU wish. We live in a separate house at the back of the property. We interact as much OR as little as YOU desire. We are happy to share our in depth knowledge of the city with you and we are available for historic architecture tours of old school vintage Las Vegas, sober coaching, nutrition assessment and raw food un-cooking or raw chocolate classes. Or you can be totally on your own with total privacy with your door closed the whole time :-).
Because this is not a whole-house rental, we or our other guests may come in to use the kitchen facilities from time to time.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE SHARING A BATHROOM WITH A FULL TIME SINGLE FEMALE GUEST.
• We usually only host 1 guest at a time. However, there are 2 private bedrooms in this home. Currently there is a single full time (female vegan) resident with whom you would be sharing the bathroom. IF you require a whole PRIVATE HOME without ANY sharing, we rent an entire house... please see our 'MID-CENTURY MODERN Health Sanctuary' listing.
Central, safe, urban, historic, downtown adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72!
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by reknowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect, A. Quincy Jones (F.A.I.A.)! The developers were Pardee Phillips. It is part of the historic core, then it transitioned to labor-force residents. Now it is transitional with artists and cultural leaders moving in.
Other perks in Las Vegas: World Class hiking and nature trails at Red Rock Canyon near Summerlin, Pine trees and waterfalls at Mount Charleston, Wetlands Park, Tule Springs pre-Columbian archeological site, Las Vegas Springs Preserve and more...
TELL ME MORE ABOUT VINTAGE VEGAS!
Your hostess wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! We also have lots of guide books, magazines and maps and loads of info on visiting Los Angeles and Southern California in general. Our former vacation rental by owner property called "The Caddyshack" was voted the BEST Vintage Vegas rental in the city! Now at WholeWay Home we offer every amenity we can think of to have a winning stay in Classic Vintage Las Vegas style!
• 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center)
• 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip
• .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant)
• .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets
• .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant
• 1.1 miles to 'the Center'
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District!
• 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park
• 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters
• 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market
• 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel
• 2.7 miles to UNLV
• 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel
• 2.9 miles to the Smith Center
• 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel
• 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel
• 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center
• 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS)
• 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
If we are available, we can offer you airport pickup for $30 and drop-off for $20. A cab may cost you more than that. Once you are here, depending on our availability, we may be able to offer you a ride nearby for free.
Other Things to Note
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street.
• The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat - very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we do - and we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night!
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But if you have housemates during your stay, be respectful of quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm. YES, okay to drop your bags off earlier.
• Check-Out is 12 noon. YES, okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Budget discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO AIRBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay. THIS IS A Private “ROOM” rental. It is like staying in a Bed and Breakfast... without the breakfast. Or like staying in an old fashioned "Rooming House" or "Boarding House." Your room is YOUR personal private space. The rest of the house (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Bathroom) is a Common Area.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic preservation, vintage, architecture, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe
1. WHEN YOU REQUEST A ROOM, please confirm you have READ these House Rules... and understand that this is a health-oriented location, not a 'party' house.
2. We expect you to maintain a minimal-alcohol (glass of wine or a beer is fine - just not 5 bottles of Jack Daniels please!) within in our home. There is enough of that to go around in this city. We offer something different where you come to sleep and relax.
3. Please confirm that you understand this is a vegetarian home. What you eat off-site is your business. But please no animal flesh (cows, chickens or fish) on premises. Milk, eggs and cheese are totally fine.
4. Absolutely No Pets.
5. No smoking.
6. No drugs or pharmaceuticals allowed.
7. Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves immediately. No leaving dirty dishes in sink or on counters.
8. Please limit eating to kitchen, dining and outdoor patio areas.
9. Visitor Policy: NO visitors or guests.
10. We offer this property as an ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests are requested to not bring artificially flavored, colored, fragrance, genetically modified (GMO) items or potential allergens into the home. Guests will be asked to remove these items from the premises.
These rules are general guidelines and do not encompass all polite conduct that is acceptable. Guests are expected to use common sense and decency.
As with many, my reaction to Las Vegas was overwhelmed shock at its hedonistic excess. Anand and Mason were a welcoming and calming counterpoint during my high-intensity whirlwind visit for CES. They are generous, genuine, immediate friends, radiating bonhomie and hospitality. In sharp contrast to this city, their home is an experience in sustainable coexistence with their desert environment - comfortable, sensible, clean, and attractive.
I left Las Vegas with the satisfaction of having new friends who are kindred spirits. I now look forward to my next visit to Las Vegas, and to once again staying with them at Yin to the Yang.
Anand and Mason are awesome people. Their place is beautiful and they are very welcoming. They will make you feel welcome and the place itself is great. It is a bit off strip which is nice but that is exactly what I wanted.. Thanks guys!
Anand and Mason's place is an unexpected peaceful retreat in the wilds of Las Vegas. The listing is for one of the two rooms in an independent apartment. The hosts are in and out regularly but don't live in the space. I had the whole apartment because no one else was in the other room during my stay. But there would have been plenty of room and privacy to share. They are an interesting couple with great recommendations of places to go for spiritual rejuvenation, a healthy meal or just for a pleasant conversation. Highly recommended!!
This was my very 1st renting from airbnb website. It went smoothly and found the
Anand and Mason to be the kindest hosts. They welcome me in their home by saying this is your home too. They were Vegan/Vegetarian just like me. For me it was a home away from home. I was at their house for 2 weeks . Wish could have spent 1 night extra to just chill. Was there for a 2 week course so got very little time to enjoy their Infrared Sauna, Rebounder and Inversion table. They have awesome selection of organic teas, they had kept a stock of spare food in pantry for guests if they needed food. PURE distilled water, lemons in Fridge , lovely little retreat. The bathroom was clean with organic coconut bath gel and (website hidden) testing kit, Castel Soap. The whole house was like a spiritual retreat . I had the most comfortable time living there for 2 weeks. It was just like my home. Renting a car would be ideal if one ventures out a lot.
Just wish I could have been able to spend some time with them as due to my workshop hours and their own time table my interaction with them was not that often.
I will always rent out their home whenever I visit Las Vegas again. Next year my daughter who will be attending the same workshop I did this year will be staying with them.
Anand and Mason are nice and friendly couple. I highly recommend people to see this side of Las Vegas too.
I couldn't have found a better place to stay while I was in Vegas for a month. The hosts were super helpful and friendly! We went to health classes, meetings, and hiking while I was there. Anything I needed, they were there to provide. If you are health conscious, and sober, this is the perfect place for you to find serenity in a city full of chaos. I made new friends for life and will definitely go back sometime in the future!
This host has 24 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We love to travel and to host fellow eco-oriented travelers. We run a 'Conscious Eating' Meetup that lists many healthy fun things to do in Las Vegas: yoga, 12 step, farmer's markets, gardens, hikes, spas, gourmet restaurants and more...
We were both born in Los Angeles where we became Historic Architecture Fans. Anand started a seminal preservation website LottaLiving and was tour captain at the Eames House. We restored a 1964 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons that was in movies and TV and eventually became a historic landmark! We have since restored several homes in Las Vegas including Palmer and Krisel and A.Quincy Jones homes.
Professionally speaking, Anand is a User Experience Architect and Creative Director. She is a Certified Raw Food Nutritionist and is an ordained Essene. Raw Chef Mason Green, graduated from Living Light Culinary Institute. He is a former Sound Professional (with credits on movies like Titanic!) and is a jazz musician.