About This Listing
The perfect spot for SXSW and ACL visitors!
This Central Austin newly built home is located in the heart of the Zilker Park Neighborhood. It’s only 2 blocks from South Lamar and minutes away from downtown via car, taxi, bus or Car2Go. We are walking distance to Zilker Park, Barton Springs, the Green Belt, restaurants, live music, and very close to downtown and great shopping. Home features solar electricity, solar hot water, and a rain water collection system.
*ACL/Zilker Park: 1 mi (1.6km) 20 min walk
*Airport: 12mi (19km), 20min
*Circuit of the Americas (Formula 1): 15mi (24km), 23min
*Downtown Austin: 2.5mi (4km), 9 minutes
This home can accommodate 10 people comfortably.
* Large Master Bedroom with Queen bed and walk-in closet (Sleeps 2)
* 2nd Bedroom with Queen bed and walk-in closet (Sleeps 2)
* 3rd Bedroom with twin bed and walk-in closet (Sleeps 1 or 2-3 with aerobed)
* 4th Bedroom is downstairs with full size futon (Sleeps 2)
- Air mattresses (2 queens) available for additional sleeping capacity
- Child items such as Pack N Play and/or crib available upon request at no charge
- All bedding provided
* Large Contemporary Master Bath with dual vanity, large tiled shower, soaking tub, and bidet
* Upstairs Guest Bath with dual vanity and large bathtub/shower
* Downstairs Guest Bath with single vanity and bathtub/shower
-All towel linens provided
* Great Room Layout with open Kitchen, Living Area, and Dining Area
* Gourmet kitchen has granite countertops, stainless appliances, and is fully outfitted
* Gas range and double convection oven
* Automatic coffee machine and tea kettle
* Dining table seats 8 adults (website hidden) seating for 4 at the kitchen counter.
* 70” Flat Screen HDTV, Satellite TV with DVR, BlueRay Player, Apple TV
* Spacious Living Room has 2 full size leather couches and large comfortable leather arm chair *Fireplace * Lots of windows make it bright, sunny and easy to watch the wild birds outdoors
* Outside seating area includes 6 person outside dining table, and BBQ grill (gas), firepit
* House is surrounded by mature pecan trees that bear nuts in November….help yourselves!
* Entire backyard is fenced
* One car garage, space for 2 cars in driveway and plenty of street parking
*2 blocks from Capital Metro bus line with frequent and direct routes to downtown
* Front loading, high efficiency washer and dryer in basement laundry room
* Highspeed WiFi and access to a printer/scanner * Excellent access to Interstate 35, Highway 1 (Mopac), Hwy 290, Hwy 71 and Loop 360 if you want to explore the city. *Easy access to S. Lamar Blvd. and SoLa restaurants, cafes, bars and shopping
* Less than 1 mile from Zilker Park which offers a large playground, mini train, botanical gardens, canoeing, kayaking, rowing, year-round swimming at Barton Springs, hiking on the Green Belt, and the Town Lake walking/running/biking trail * Also nearby: Barton Springs Blvd and South Congress (restaurants, bars, coffee shops, live music, etc.), The Broken Spoke Dance Hall, grocery stores (including Whole Foods Market, Central Market, HEB and Saturday farmer’s markets), and the Alamo Drafthouse Movie Theater
* Kid friendly: jog stroller and toys available for toddlers to play with upon request, playground 1 block away that includes 2 large playgrounds, tennis courts, and a covered basketball court
I will work hard to make your stay enjoyable and easy by providing drinks, snacks, toiletries and Austin books and information. I am also happy to make recommendations for local and nearby restaurants, activities, and shopping.
8 guests included, each additional guest up to 10 is $20 extra per guest, $150 cleaning fee. $250 security deposit.
Absolutely no smoking and no pets in the house.
- No Smoking in the house
- No Animals
From booking to departure (and even a bit after when I discovered I left something in the house), Annessa was gracious and welcoming. SUPER easy to communicate with, even though we did not meet her in person. My group of 7 was very comfortable -- 4 of us shared 2 queen-sized beds, and the rest slept alone on a twin, a double futon, and an air mattress. You could fit 3 more folks in those spaces, but they'd have to be good friends! There were plenty of linens for everyone, and the house is even more beautiful and spacious than it appears in the photos. For our SXSW trip, this location was great -- away from the downtown madness but just a short cab ride to the action. I also imagine that if you had a bike, you'd probably find it easy to ride downtown. The neighborhood is quiet, the neighbors friendly, and all in all this was a perfect stay for us. Highly recommend and would absolutely return!
Felt very at home. The house was extremely neat, clean, we had everything we needed and more. She even supplied us with some food and drinks!
We had more than enough room with 6 of us staying there. Could have easily accommodated a few more.
The backyard was very private and the neighborhood was peaceful. We hung out in the back, listened to music and never felt like we were bothering anyone.
Can't say enough about the warm welcome that was offered when we arrived and it truly is a great location if you want to be very close to all the action downtown!!
Would definitely stay here again!
Everything was great for our SXSW stay. The home was perfect, there was plenty of room to accommodate all of the guests and the location worked out well. Mrs. Baird was even kind enough to leave us coffee, food and drinks.
The group consensus was that we would rent the home again.
The reservation was canceled 80 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Fantastic home...warm and comfortable...made for a near-perfect Austin base of operations. The hosts were generous with their home and available for advice/answers to questions/etc. Would definitely return here if our travels take us back through town.
Highly, highly recommended.
This is one of the most beautiful spacious houses i have stayed in through airbnb. It was a great location for getting to Zilker park by foot and an easy 2mile stroll to the entertainment of South Congress.
The best part about the house is how accommodating/friendly the home owner Annessa was. Not only did she take her time to show us all round the house but she had also left numerous goodies -juices, coffee, bread, cheeses, wine, beer and toiletries. This was an unexpected treat!
I would highly recommend this home, we had 9 adults in total and there were no issues accommodating us all.
Annessa and Michael's house was an absolute joy to stay in. The pride they have in their home is so inspiring... It is even nicer than the pictures can show. Super roomy and comfortable for my party. It's close to everything, and we had no problem finding amazing food and good times within minutes of the house. Neighborhood was quiet, and we wound up giving one of the neighbors a ride to the F1 race... Can't wait to come back next year!