About This Listing
It's a fact ! our cozy apartment comes with 2 real and separate bedrooms (2 guests each bedroom), and it is located with direct access to the pine tree garden, which is conveniently located right beside the ski slope. This means that, in the snow season, you can reach the ski slope directly from the apartment in your skies and boots !
The heart of the apartment is its bright living, which gives direct access to the pine tree garden through its terrace. The living hosts the kitchen, and it provides access to 1 master bedroom (2 guests), 1 smaller bulk-bed bedroom (2 guests), and to the bathroom with shower, bidet, toilet, water heater, towel heater, hair dryer and washing machine.
Both bedrooms have their own wardrobes.
With the exception of the bathroom, the whole apartment is paved with a natural wood parquet, and furnished with wood furniture.
Our light-filled apartment provides privacy to a maximum of 4 guests (2 per bedroom), and it faces to the east, to the south, and to the west, which means you get loads of natural light.
The house, which provides private parking, is walking distance (10 minutes) to the centre of the resort, where you can find a wide variety of restaurants, shops and bars, and, indeed, where you can rent your ski equipment.
Sauze d’Oulx, located at 1509 meters a.s.l., is the second largest resort in the Via Lattea ski area, and is characterized by wide open pistes with wonderful views and narrower pistes amongst the trees. It is the ideal resort for those who like to ski gentle and enjoyable slopes and for the “pro’s” who like to show off their technical and acrobatic capabilities. Sauze is also known as The Balcony of the Alps for its natural sunny position.
La Via Lattea is a vast ski area which starts in Italy and finishes in France. It includes:
- 8 resorts, Sestriere, Sauze d’oulx, Sansicaro, Cesana, Claviere,Oulx,Pragelato and Montgevre
- 400 kilometres of slopes
- 203 slopes of which 52 are easy, 111 intermediate, and 40 for advanced skiers
- 60% of the pistes have snow making machines
- 72 ski lifts (chairlifts, buttonlifts and telecabins)
- 12 ski schools
- 600 ski instructors
IN THE WINTER
Sauze d'Oulx offers:
- Ski & Snowboard: 3 ski schools with 100 ski instructors available for individual and group lessons. There are classes for both adults and children
- Snowshoe Trekking: equipped with snow–shoes, an excursion amongst the larch and pines is peaceful and relaxing, away from the busier ski slopes
- Heliskiing: panoramic flights by helicopter and breathtaking off piste skiing with expert mountain guides.
- Horse Riding: ponies and a practice field for children; horse riding and trekking is offered with comfortable English and American saddles.
- Fitness: five-a-side football -tennis-volley-basket-body building and stages of step/total body/spinning/ walking/ yoga/pilates/dance/gag/gym
- Ice skating: rediscover the joys of ice skating on a natural rink in enchanting surroundings
- Sauze d'Oulx, with its numerous bars, pubs, restaurants, night clubs is renowned for it’s lively après ski
IN THE SUMMER
Sauze d’Oulx has the Gran Bosco Natural Park on its doorstep , from the village there are numerous signed paths suitable for walking and horse riding; many tracks are ideal for mtb bicycles and there are “freeride” trails with parabolics, wooden bridges and drop offs to satisfy the most extreme bikers. For those who wish to experience adrenaline, there is an exciting Adventure Park ready to welcome families and adults of all ages.
For walkers, mountain bikers, sightseers, Sauze has 2 chairlifts open in the summer. This summer (2009) both the Sportinia and Rocce Nere chairlifts were open throughout July and August.
Summer activities include:
- Trekking/climbing/canyoning: Organised trips to local peaks or guided walks through forests and pastures. Exhilarating descents in the waters of our stunning mountain rivers for the more adventurous.
- Excursions: Signed paths that start from the town to reach neighbouring hamlets through coniferous woods that lead to mountain retreats and alpine meadows
- Fitness: an area in the centre of the village, with the latest gym apparatus to keep you in shape
- Tennis/Football/Beach Volley: the Pin Court Sports Centre has 4 tennis courts, 2 five- a-side football pitches , 1 beach volley ground a full-size football pitch and multi- purpose sports hall.
- Mountain Bike marked trails for cross country, tracks for freeride. The Sportinia and Rocce Nere chairlifts are open to take you and your bikes to the top. Mini bike park in the town , qualified mountain bike instructors on hand to introduce beginners to a sport which has been compared to freeride skiing.
- Horse Riding: horse riding and trekking in a charming environment; ponies and a practice field for children
- Trout Fishing: 2 beautiful alpine lakes for the lovers of this relaxing sport
Please do not make use of shoes/ski boots inside the apartment. We love our wood parquet, and we would like to preserve it the way it is.
The water heater has a capacity of 90 liters, which means that if you love loooong showers, and you are in 4 in the apartment, the others might have to be patient and wait for the water to re-heat :)
Overall, simply treat our cozy place nicely, and enjoy it :)
Cosy apartment which is very close to the ski slopes as described by Matteo, the owner. We really enjoyed our stay in Sauze d'Oulx and we will definitely revisit again in the future. Excellent restaurants in the village centre! Travelling by car is recommended as there is a steep hill from the village centre back to the apartment. Matteo was extremely helpful and although we did not meet him, he communicated with us in advance and made alternative arrangements to have someone else to meetus at the apartment.
It was good time in Matteo apartments. Apartments clean, comfortable and enough space, ski slope is very close. Thank you Matteo for instructions and quick reaction. Thank you Matteo mum for help.
It has been a pleasure to stay at Matteo's place: the place was comfortable, and it provided the privacy and space we needed.
The shower/bath is a bit small, but it serves its purpose.
We did not meet Matteo, but a friend of his, who helped us accessing the apartment.
Very conveniently close to the ski slope, we will come back ! Thanks Matteo for your patience and last minute info :)
About the Host, Matteo
it's a fact ! due to work I am often out, exploring bits and pieces of this great globe we have the chance to live in -
I have the luck, and the challenge, to meet people from different cultures, and it does take time to understand how different cultures look at things with different perspectives. Yet it is a pleasure to realize there are really many nice persons out there :)
My good luck brought me to Africa, South America, a bit of North and Central America, the Middle East, Central and South Asia, and right now in South East Asia. I do not complain !