Loft one-bedroom in Hollywood’s Melrose Hill Neighborhood. (website hidden)_Hill. Charming Park 1.5 blocks away.
Just renovated. Fully furnished, including linens and towels. Fully-equipped, eat in kitchen. Queen-sized Murphy (Wall) bed hinges up to make create a very large living room. People report that the 3 couches are very comfortable for sleeping, but air beds are also available. Generous closet space.
Quiet street. Private outside entrance. Lots of storage closets. Close to 101 Freeway, rapid buses and walkable to (website hidden) floor of Spanish bungalow. (Washer/Dryer coin) in small complex.
Close to Silverlake, Koreatown, LACC, downtown, Glendale, Burbank, Loft District
Easy walk to LACC (Los Angeles Community College), Metro, Buses
Stays less than 30 days subject to LA hotel tax of 14%.
Fair housing laws enthusiastically followed.
Owned and managed by a CA licensed real estate agent.
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Apartment rentals differ from hotels. Apartments offer full kitchens, and are more spacious and economical than hotels. On the other hand, an apartment is like your own home in that you provide your own toiletries (soap and shampoo), paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, cleaning supplies and the like. Several stores are located within a nearby.
Please treat the apartment as you would your own home.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. LOCAL TIME AND CHECK-OUT IS 11:00 AM. NO Early check-ins. We do not have a left luggage facility.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit. If you must smoke, smoke outside. Please do not leave cigarette butts on the grounds outside. Smoking inside the apartment will result in a minimum additional cleaning fee of USD $250 to have the carpets, furniture and comforters specially cleaned.
3. Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions, except with the written (including fax or email) separate agreement with the owner. If owner gives written permission to allow pets, then the following rules apply: All pets must be on leashes at all times outside of the apartment. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up their pet’s refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heart worm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
4. DAMAGE FEES- Tenants shall be responsible for damages or an excess cleaning fee unless the following conditions are met.
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or unpaid collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in trash. Soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. e. No linens are lost or damaged.
5. PAYMENT - An advance payment equal to 50% of the rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the room fee. Please make payments in the form of traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashier’s checks or personal checks. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE is due thirty (30) days before your arrival date.
6. CANCELLATIONS - A sixty (60) day notice is required for short-term cancellations. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty, except a $75 transaction fee. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
7. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel ninety (90) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must make the change at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per unit is limited those stated in this agreement. An additional charge of $25.00 per person per night is assessed for guests in addition to the specified number.
9. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time departure cleaning fee. The cleaning fee is a minimum charge. Guests who leave the premises excessively dirty, or full of pet hair will be required to pay an extra cleaning fee.
11. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
12. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice until the reservation is paid in full.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or paid funds, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. The apartment is privately owned. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. No parking is provided to guests.
16. In the event of a dispute, the parties agree that the sole jurisdiction for resolution of the dispute is the Superior Court of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles, CA transient occupancy and general contract law shall apply.
17. Guest acknowledges that this is a license for transient housing and is not a lease. Occupancy shall be for a fixed term only and occupancy is not open ended.
I rented the place for my son. The apartment met the description and our expectations. My son had a good stay.
The unit itself was really nice but the area/location is not great unless you have a car as it is unsafe to walk around on your own especially at night so I would only recommend staying there if you have your own transport. However Jason was an absolutely amazing host and went out of his way to look after me. He will definitely take care of you.
Appartement propre à notre arrivée, spacieux pour deux personnes et surtout, bien situé pour visiter l'essentiel de Los Angeles. A proximité de Santa Monica, l'artère principale de LA.
Petit bémol: l'appartement n'est pas équipé de garage ou parking et le stationnement dans la rue ainsi que dans les rues voisines a été difficile.
Pretty sweet place except for a few things. We were close to everything including the traffic of LA :). Jason put me in contact with his assistant who set me up with all the information I needed to access the apartment. I wasn't aware however that there was no air conditioning, luckily the weather was awesome and the fresh air and ceiling fan worked just fine.
The internet wasn't working through the ENTIRE stay. It would connect to my devices but remain limited. I attempted to repair it in many ways but to no avail... sign from the tech Gods that I needed to give technology a break while on vacation :).
THE PARKING WAS HORRENDOUS! I mean the residents have a really awesome system of horn blowing but wow what an inconvenience.
The last ad most important thing was.... After I'd payed in full using the AIRBNB site...I was told I needed to pay a fee through paypal for the CALIFONIA HOTEL TAX. I raised concern and was sent an email with a breakdown that still leaves me confused...I will take that up with AIRBNB because it doesn't make sense. Dint have time to argue the issue as I was traveling the next day.
Well outside of that. Things were great!
The loft studio apartment was very spacious and had almost everything I needed, including a proper working hairdryer. It was fun having a folding down bed, and there was plenty of room in the living room when it was put away. I had a good stay here, although the area is a little out the way but still within walking distance of plenty of shops etc.
The kitchen was advertised as 'fully equipped'. Despite this, there was no toaster or electric kettle/coffee maker. There were two tins openers, both were completely useless and only succeeded in making pretty patterns on the tins, so I purchased my own, as I was staying there for a month. I also purchased a whisk and a baking tray, so whoever stays there next will no doubt benefit from my investment. There is also no plug for the bath.
I had a visit within the first couple of days from the property manager, who installed new batteries in the smoke detectors. However, one of them kept beeping every few minutes after that, so I eventually decided to remove the battery as it was probably an old one.
One concern I had about this place was the oven, as the areas around the hobs remained red hot even when nothing was turned on. They are gas hobs, so the heat coming from the surface of the oven was a bit disconcerting and worrying. I only really discovered this towards the end of my stay, and will take this up with the host as this really should be looked at.
I'm not your usual guest, as my stay was a particularly long one, but aside from the few issues I had, my stay here was a good one and the apartment is close to a Smart & Final, along with some fast food restaurants. The Lemon Grove Park has some interesting outdoor exercise equipment and is a nice area to walk around.
Was very very happy with my stay here! I arrived to a clean and bright apartment in a nice neighbourhood. The manager Marcy was at the end of the phone for all my questions and queries, and anything that wasn't working was dealt with straight away. There's a supermarket a five minute walk away which was very convenient . It took me a minute to work out the parking because it's just a driveway, so sometimes difficult to make sure you don't get blocked in but was all good once I worked out a system with other drivers. This is a really good location for being close to everything but not in the thick of it. It's not the poshest area but it's not a dive either and all neighbours were pretty friendly. I would definitely stay here again. There's also a charming collection of films on video cassette to watch as well as digital tv and a DVD player. Wifi is great. Only annoying thing is there is a light that's turns on on the wall outside at 5:30pm that makes a buzzing sound, it's not the end of the world but it did annoy me sometimes when it was quiet.
If your looking for lap of luxury this isn't the place for you, but if you want a clean affordable place with ample space, a good shower/bath and great location and everything you need to cook, this is the place for you. My stay was for 33 days, I was on my own and I was very comfortable and happy here!
This host has 623 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews