About this listing
Rustic log cabin in the Krivoklat Forest just 45 minutes drive west of Prague (50km). Tucked into the woods, but not far from a village pub (2km) or a beautiful swimming pond (200m). Great base for biking, hiking & sightseeing.
Log cabin in the Krivoklat Forest about 30 minutes drive west of Prague (50km). Tucked into the woods, but not far from a village pub either (2km up the hill) or a beautiful swimming pond (1/2km down the hill). Great mountain biking, hiking and mushroom hunting. Near Krivoklat and other notable castles. Halfway between Prague and Plzen (if you really need to get back to a city). A great vacation in the summer and a cozy getaway in the winter.
While there is no running water, there is electricity. Very weak mobile/GSM signal.
Heat: Wood stove, fireplace, 1 electric space heater.
Cooking: Fire pit outside, simple covered bar-b-que (outside), hot plate & electric kettle (inside)
Terrain: The cabin is on a steep, wooded hill. It is pretty and secluded, but not recommended for children under 8 years old.
The cabin has a simple, rustic and well-planned interior - like a sailboat where every nook has a function (sunken food cupboard and beer cellar under the stair case, meat-smoking chamber in the fireplace, washing bowl hidden in a drawer, etc.)
All spaces are wood paneled, floors and ceilings (some stone around fireplace and between kitchen and living room).
1. entry hall (1m2) 2 closets and a small space to throw your shoes.
2. Living room/dining room (5m x 6m) Big fireplace, 2m long dining/working table, folding couch, carpet, 2 windows.
3. kitchen (2m x 2m), wood stove (main heat source), counter space, hot plate and kettle, sink (but no water :).
4. Main bedroom (3m x 3m): 2 twin beds stuck together, old TV (no reception, only SCART connection (I have not figured out how to hook up my computer to it yet).
5. 2nd bedroom (4m x 5m): 2 separate twin beds, small refrigerator (1m tall), 2 small storage spaces (1m x2m, sloped ceilings)
6. Attic: (7m x 6m) accessible by ladder, sloped ceiling/roof)
Bedding (sheets & pillows)
All cooking & cleaning equipment (pots, pans, plates, glasses, broom, vacuum).
Guitar (Spanish acoustic)
Axe (for splitting wood)
Interaction with Guests
I will give you a 30m orientation around the house and local area (how to get water, how to deal with electricity, where to find key equipment). Available for any other questions by phone/SMS.
Great forested nature preserve close to Prague. Very close to Krivoklat Castle, Zbiroh Chateau and natural attractions like Skryje Waterfall.
Very limited bus access. Highly recommended to have a car.
Don't burn it down, please :).