Feel like a New Yorker by living in an authentic, safe and vibrant neighborhood! Be a tourist but live like a local :) This apartment is IDEAL for larger groups of 6-8 guests!
Beautiful authentic 3 Bedroom apartment on the 3rd Floor of historic townhouse in Uptown Manhattan. 15 minutes to downtown.
- 3 separate bedrooms
- 900 square feet big (about 84 square meters)
- Super comfortable queen sized beds in each bedroom completed with fresh sheets, linens, pillows and comforters
- Open Kitchen with table, chairs and GE Appliances
- Gorgeous Bathroom with shower, tub and KOHLER fixtures
- Clean, bright, large apartment with large Windows
- Open South City Views and North Garden Views
- Beautifully decorated and designed with European style
- NYC style brick walls, fireplaces and hardwood floors
- 2 flights of stairs up. No elevator as it is a small building.
- Easy check-in and check-out procedures
- Hosts are present to welcome and check-in all guests
- Each group receives 3 sets of keys to allow independence
- Hosts live in the same building, are easily reachable by email or phone/txt/sms and are extremely responsive and helpful
- If your booking is for more than 6 guests we will provide a super comfortable mattress that will be set up inside the larger bedroom and completed with lines, sheets, pillows, towels and comforters just as all other beds :)
- Apartment has a zen energy with integrated feng-shui :)
- As part of the cleaning procedure we use ecologically friendly cleaning products and disinfect all handles and knobs before each check-in.
Rate Includes Everything:
- WiFi. New Super High Speed added in March 2014! :))
- Heat, AC, hot water, electricity, taxes, commission, recycling
- Fresh clean towels, sheets, linens, comforters and blankets
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner and toilet paper
- Hairdryer, iron and iron board
- Microwave, fridge, oven stove, coffeemaker, tea kettle, etc..
- Pots, pans, plates, mugs, glasses, silverware, cooking utensils
- Pantries with basic food supplies
- Welcome candy and tea bags on each pillow :)
- Maps, City Guides and Metro Cards to refill on the table
- There is no TV. NYC has too much to offer to waste on TV! :)
- New Starting April 2014: Complimentary magazines of "Time Out New York", "New York", "National Geographic" and more, for weekly events, arts and happenings!
This is your beautiful and spacious home away from home in the middle of Manhattan! All who respect and love are welcomed in this home! We look forward to meeting you in person :-)
- The complete 3 bed room apartment with 3 separate bed rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom.
- Entire apartment will be exclusively and only occupied by guests that book it. It will not be shared or used by anyone else.
Only at check-in and whenever guests desire. Guests have complete privacy unless they ask for our assistant.
- Safe, vibrant, authentic, up-and-coming neighborhood.
- Humble and simple with friendly, warm and real people.
- Spanish neighborhood.
- Away from the hustle and bustle of touristic and staged areas.
- Many 24/7 shops and large food chains all around.
- Many local ethnic restaurants and shops all around.
- Best Pizza in town (Patsy's) around the corner.
- Large shopping mall around the corner (Starbucks, Marshalls, Target, Aldi, Old Navy, Burlington, Dunkin Donuts, etc)
- Citibank, Chase, (website hidden) around the corner.
- Pharmacy & Duane Reade around the corner.
- 24/7 Hospital 4 blocks away.
- Laundromat open 24hrs around the corner.
- This is NYC and you will see clutter, trash and unconventional people everywhere you go.
- This neighborhood is safe and gives you the feeling of belonging here rather than just visiting.
Super convenient location to getting around!
- 15 minute subway ride to midtown/downtown
- Buses all around the block
- Step out the house and hail a yellow taxi to take you down/midtown in 15-20 minutes for $15-25 depending on time of day and traffic
- 5 minute walk to subway station (116th St & Lexington)
- 5 minute walk to large shopping mall
- 10 minute walk to Central Park (North Part)
- 5 minute walk to East River Jogging/Run Path
Car & Parking:
- Only 2 blocks from the 116th St FDR exit.
- Free street parking right in front and all around the building with easy to follow street parking regulations
- Parking garages that are 60% cheaper than in mid/downtown
Airports By Taxi:
- 20-45 min from La Guardia. $20-$30.
- 30-90 min from JFK. $60-$70.
- 1.5-2 hours from Newark. $80-$90.
- Yellow Taxis are in front of airports and everywhere on the streets.
- Affordable Car & Limo Service: Dial 7
Airports By Shuttle:
- Add 1-2 hours to above times. $15-$20/person.
Airports By Trains/Subways:
- LaGuardia: Take Bus M60 to 2nd Ave Stop (1st stop in Manhattan). Walk 10 minutes to our home or take 2nd Avenue Bus down to 116th Stop and walk 1 minute to our home. $2.50. 1 hour.
- JFK: Take Airtrain to Howard Beach Station to transfer to Subway A. Get $2.50 metro ticket. Take Subway A towards Manhattan. Get off at Broadway Junction Stop to transfer to Subway L (same ticket). Get off at Union Square Stop to transfer to Subway 6 (same ticket). Get off at 116th Street. Walk 3 min to our home. $2.50. 1.5-2 hours.
- Newark: Take Airtrain to New York Amtrak/NJ Transit Station. Get $12 ticket for NY Penn Station. Take Amtrak or NJ Transit Train to NY Penn Station. Get off Penn Station and take UPTOWN Subway 2 or 3 (free transfer). Get off on next stop at 42nd Street and transfer to Subway 7 (free transfer). Get off Grand Central Station to transfer to UPTWON Subway 6 (free transfer). Get off 116th Street. Walk 3 minutes to our home. $12. 1.5-2 hours.
LUGGAGE STORAGE ($10 per day per luggage):
- Short Term Stow
270 West 36th Street (near Penn Station)
(Between 7th & 8th Avenue Midtown Manhattan)
- Schwartz Travel West (near Penn Station)
355 West 36th street, 2nd floor
(Between 8th & 9th Avenue Midtown Manhattan)
- Schwartz Travel East (near Grand Central)
34 West 46th Street, 4th Floor
(Between 5th and 6th Ave Midtown Manhattan)
- CBH Luggage Storage (near Grand Central)
45 West 46th Street, 5th Floor
(Between 5th & 6th Avenue Midtown Manhattan)
You can view other apartments in the same building here:
The 1st Floor (1 BR):
The 2nd Floor (3 BR):
The 4th Floor (3 BR):
A large portion of the rents goes towards our and other NGO's that focus on protecting mother nature including her animal beings! Thank you for helping us with these efforts :-)
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$30 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
Wij hebben (gezin met 3 volwassen kinderen) met veel plezier in dit appartement gelogeerd. Het heeft geen luxe, maar de bedden zijn goed en het is schoon.
Ook de internet verbinding is voldoende en het ontbreken van een TV heeft ons
niet gestoord. De beheerder is erg attent en reageerde heel snel op onze vragen. Wij voelde ons meer loges dan betalende gasten.
Wij voelde ons erg veilig in de omgeving. De plaatselijke pizza's zijn echte aanraders.
Wij hebben gebruik gemaakt van het metro systeem, waarbij de hele stad vanuit deze basis (116e street lijn 6) goed te bereiken was.
totaal gezien was het voor ons een zeer geslaagd bezoek (week)
This was my first experience with airbnb and it was amazing! Fotini is a wonderful host, she greeted us with warmth and joy, we found a surprisingly spacious apartment that perfectly host all of us 5! A welcome card was on the table for us, in a colourful and very comfortable and clean flat. I can't stay in places aren't clean nor tidy, I am probably a bit of a freak, but Fotini's flat was shining. Neighbourhood is friendly and convenient for anything you might need. Very well connected to both Manhattan and city's outskirts ( especially for dia beacon a day trip we highly reccomend!).
Fotini is always available if you have questions and she would give you best advices you might need. She was very generous with us, especially when asked to borrow chairs for the art fair we had to work for. Thanks Fotini, the chairs very highly admired and brought clients to our stand!!! Do not forget to ask for the place selling best pizza in town, unfortunately didn't have the time to taste it this trip! Enjoy your staying, Fotini is amazing host.
Nous étions sept personnes dans l'appartement de Fotini. Deux couples ont occupé les deux chambres côté rue. Les trois autres personnes ont dormi dans la 3e chambre, puisqu'il y avait un lit double et un grand matelas gonflable. La limite de capacité est de 7-8 personnes à notre avis.
La cuisine est assez grande pour pouvoir manger le matin et même cuisiner un soir, elle a largement suffi comme pièce à vivre puisque nous étions tout le temps à l'extérieur pour visiter la ville ! Niveau équipement, c'est parfait : couverts, assiettes, verres, micro-ondes, bouilloire, cafetière, etc.
Au niveau de l'emplacement, l'appart est à 5 minutes de l'arrêt de métro et il faut compter entre 10 et 15 minutes pour rejoindre le centre de Manhattan. Le quartier est populaire, assez calme et il y a beaucoup d'épiceries / magasins / fast food aux alentours.
Fotini est sympa et accueillante. Elle a été disponible et réactive quand nous avons eu besoin d'elle.
Appartement propre et confortable.
3 lits double confortable mais le 4 eme est un matelas pneumatique.
Trés bien chauffé, super en hiver.
Belle salle de bain,
Pièce à vivre un tout petit peu petite pour 8, mais à NY, on est
Toujours dehors, même l'hiver!
30' de grand central, accés Trés facile.
Staying at Fotini's apartment was a very pleasant experience. We were 5 adults and one teenager. The apartment is located in a quiet and safe neighbourhood, near Central Park, a large public parking and a shopping center. It is spacious, very clean and warm. Everything we needed was there. Fotini is a very attentive landlord to our comfort and safety. I highly recommend this place in NYC.
The apartment is missing a living room ie it's a bed room but there is a central eat in kitchen which works well instead. It's a four and not a five becauseits in need of a reprint freshen up, but it's clean and very comfortable. The best showers I've had in years too. Location is on the edge of change so vibey and interesting, felt safe and it's really convenient.
I have always been skeptical about staying in New York because accommodation is so expensive and we didn't know how far we would be from attractions . This apartment was everything we could of asked for . Warm , plenty of space, super clean, comfy beds, wardrobe of hanging up things and a great kitchen. I stayed here with my partner and this mother. Harlem offered plenty of character , super market and subway was close. Our host was so sweet leaving us a note to see if we needed anything and she gave us privacy. I would definitely stay here again and also recommend it to my friends
We had a great stay at this apartment. Plenty of room, clean and it was convenient to get to the subway station. We also felt safe and secure. Thanks Fotini!
We were 6 Toulouse to share this apartment in October (4 adults + 2 children). We found a nice apartment with nice deco, 3 correct room 2 with large closet. Apartment with own machine also provided. Although located in the area near the subway line 6 serving midtown Manhattan in 15 minutes. No insecurity, Mexican neighborhood. Only downside, the side street is a bit noisy. Very good welcome from the owner who was always there to answer our requests by e.mail on site."
First, please understand that our group of guests are all "country folk". Staying in Harlem was quite shocking to some of the people in my party. If you come from a small, mid-west farming community, staying in Harlem is probably not for you. However, if you are more accustomed to a larger city then I highly recommend Fotini's place. This particular flat is on the 3rd floor (no elevator) and appears to be a 1 bedroom apt remodeled into 3 (the living room was made into 2 extra bedrooms). What you see in the pictures is exactly what you get. The kitchen is well stocked, the apartment is clean, free wi-fi, no TV. For a trip to NYC this is really all you need. Most of your time will be spent exploring the city, not in your flat.
The location is about 3 blocks from the 6 train, 5 or so from the 2 train. Walking this during the day was no problem at all, it was a pleasant experience. If we stayed out really late we usually used a taxi to get back, but this is not necessary.
Overall I enjoyed the flat, it was exactly what I was looking for. A very economical place to stay in the city, large enough for a group of 5.
Thank you Rhonda! I'm glad you liked the apartment and had a great stay! And I am jealous of the farming community you live. Like you, I also wish we had more country elements here in the city but I learned to accept that this is NYC after all :/ I hope to be able to visit your end of the woods one day though :) Warmly, Fotini
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.