Exceptional mountain-top property with breathtaking views of ocean/Malibu! Has pool. Perfect for people seeking a private/peaceful retreat. Close to Santa Monica & Malibu center. For 2 people, check our other listing if you are more than 2 guests.
Check out our Instagram @windcliffranchmalibu for more day-to-day pictures. Please see complete house rules before making an inquiry. Do not make a reservation before sending a detailed inquiry so we can get to know each other better :)
This is a tranquil retreat with some of the most spectacular ocean, canyon, and valley views found in Los Angeles. We are situated on 10 park-like acres on top of Las Flores Canyon within a gated community. This location is very peaceful/private. Perfect place for nature-loving people seeking a quiet and relaxing private retreat in Malibu, CA. The house is located a beautiful 15-20 minute drive away from/above the beach and Cross Creek (Malibu's shopping/entertainment/dining center) — you'll get there quicker as you get used to the canyons. Other than beauty and peace, our mountain location has a lot of benefits. In the summer, you almost always sit above the seaside morning fog (see pictures) meaning you can catch the sun and enjoy our pool in the morning, then head to the city/beach in the afternoon after the fog has burned off. Also, because our canyon is directly above Cross Creek, you'll avoid a lot of the highway traffic getting there. Of the canyons in Malibu, we are closest to Santa Monica and we have several access roads meaning it's easy to get to a lot of different places. And of course, we have tons of beautiful hiking in or near our backyard!
This rental is for the entire house and includes ONE bedroom, a completely private 83 foot lap pool (not heated), a private and large front yard, plenty of private outdoor seating, and spacious/fully-equipped dining, living and kitchen rooms. More details found below.
- NO WEDDINGS
- NO PARTIES
- PHOTO SHOOTS are a separate business and are not permitted with vacation/overnight bookings. Please inquire for pricing and more information. We prefer smaller crews (less than 10 people). Larger crews must provide their own porta potties due to septic sensitivities. Please be as detailed as possible in your inquiry and tell us a bit about the project. Thanks!
We remain on the property in a detached studio. We do not access and cannot see the outdoor areas that are part of your rental (pool, front yard, etc.). We stay as quiet and invisible as possible but are available in person or by phone call/text for questions and emergencies.
See complete HOUSE RULES section before making an inquiry. When making an inquiry, please DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION. Scroll to the bottom of this page and press “contact host." We like to discuss the details before booking so we can make sure that our house is suitable for your needs and that you have the best vacation possible. Please include the names, ages, and relation (partner, child, friend, assistant, etc.) of all people who will be staying on the premises. Include any specific desires or needs you have for your vacation. Thank you :)
****Further Details (highly recommended read):****
This is a unique contemporary house set high in the hills in and above Malibu between Topanga and Carbon Canyon. It is serene and very private, a quiet refuge from everything. It is perfect for couples or artists needing a secluded hideaway retreat. The house is on 10 park-like acres within the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area and behind two gates, making it very private and secure. Our neighbors keep to themselves and you cannot see them from the property (and they can't see you). It is a magical sanctuary with exceptional panoramic canyon, ocean, and valley views. Without exaggeration, it provides some of the best sunset views in the city. We are 15-20 minute drive from a variety of local grocers, beaches, stores, and entertainment. It is approximately 25 minutes from Santa Monica. 15 minutes to the nearest beach, Carbon Beach. There is an outdoor entertainment area with a 83 foot lap pool—NOT HEATED but very comfortable to swim in from June to October. The property has plenty of outdoor seating areas to enjoy the sun, the views, and our lovely natural surroundings.
The chic but unfussy rooms feature a soothing palette of warm colors, natural materials of stone and oak wood floors. Walls of framed glass windows capture an unparalleled indoor/outdoor atmosphere through out the house. The bright and light living room opens to the dining room with soaring wood beamed ceiling. Our kitchen is large and is equipped with everything you need to cook a meal: stove, toaster, fridge, freezer, microwave, oven, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker, spices, oils, multiple sinks, dishwasher, pots/pans, etc. As for the bedroom, it has a king bed, a balcony, and a spacious bathroom with exceptional views. The bed is from the Swedish company Duxiana, so it is very comfortable.
(Remember that children must be accounted in the total guest reservation).
In general we prefer children over the age of 12. We do not feel our property is an appropriate place for toddlers and young kids. There are no fences separating the house, bedrooms, or yard area from the pool and the somewhat steep cliffs. All children--other than infants who cannot walk--MUST know how to swim.
We don't allow events. This is a quiet, private retreat for artists, couples, or small families/friends. No overnight guests unless you receive written approval from me (the owner) and you pay the appropriate fees. Day guests are also on a case-by-case basis to preserve the peace and security of the property. Please inquire with us beforehand. We will require their full names and typically don't accept more than a couple people. See house rules.
Please read the house rules first as it pretty much sums things up. The entire house with ONE bedroom, the ground of the property except the guest house, the garage, the 2 other bedrooms, my office and a few closets which will remain locked so there is no confusion.Again, your reservation includes private access to a pool, the big front yard, and various outdoor seating areas. Feel free to explore the entire property.
This listing is for ONE bedroom. The other bedrooms will be closed. If you should need more, please see our other listing which accommodate more guests.
Interaction with guests
We (me and/or my adult daughter) will be staying in the detached guest house across from the main house. We are quiet and will respect your privacy/make ourselves as invisible as possible. However, we will be available to help you at any time either in person or by text: questions, concerns, recommendations, etc.
Other things to note
The pool isn't heated, it is best to swim from June to mid October. A pool cleaning company comes every Wednesday afternoon for about 40 minutes.
Not safe for toddlers and non swimmers. The pool is not fenced. Parents takes full responsibilities and acknowledgment.
- ENJOY yourself ! :)
- NO PHOTOSHOOTS unless you have specifically booked for this purpose and paid the appropriate fees.
- NO PARTIES
- NO COMMERCIAL FILMING unless you have specifically booked for this purpose and paid the appropriate fees.
- NO WEDDINGS.
- NO SMOKING
- NO PETS (I love them, but can't have them in the house, my dog and cat are very territorial and they will mark!).
- A 14% OCCUPANCY TAX of the gross rental amount is due at check-in. Since Airbnb is not collecting yet for UNINCORPORATED MALIBU/LA COUNTY, we will collect it directly from you AT YOUR CHECK-IN.
- CHILDREN if accepted in the reservation request MUST know how to swim. The pool isn't fenced and is easily accessible from the bedrooms.
- This place is not appropriate for young children (under 12).
- NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS on the property unless you receive a written prior approval. We will request their names. We are very strict about this so please don't risk loosing your deposit.
Two cars maximum. Visitors entering the property other than the Airbnb approved/listed guests will have to get owner's written approval prior.
- Price includes accommodations for 2 humans max (yes children, toddlers are humans). $200/night for additional overnight guests with a pre approval at reservation.
- PLEASE SAVE ENERGY: turn all lights, heaters, and AC OFF when not in the house. (We reserve the right to enter the house if you leave anything on while you are away, specially the AC/heater.)
- The house is professionally cleaned prior to each guest's arrival. When you leave, do your best to leave the property in the same condition as when you arrived.
- By renting our property, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Owners and Owner's Representatives from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, cost and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage or injury to Occupant, Occupant's guests or licensees or their personal property.
- We may ask you to sign a liability release and a short term rental agreement acknowledging that you agree to the house rules.
Thank you and see you soon!
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am from France and have been involved with art, design and fashion for most my life. I am a mother to a 22 year old who just graduated from college. We have a dog and a cat. I like to create something new each day and I strive to live in balance with nature. I have a passion for healthy living which may include a glass of red wine at the end of the day! I love to hike and to explore less travelled paths. I collect rocks and work with metals. I love large open spaces and cherish solitude, the clarity it brings. I live on a beautiful piece of the Earth and like to share it with people of like minds...who care about beauty and the creative nature of people.