About this listing
2 bdr apt on L15, Oxford St - Darlinghurst, view towards Hyde Park, Central Station & City. Large balcony.
Huge deck w/ a public swimming pool. Everything at your doorstep: beauty, shopping, cafes /restaurants, small bars, grocery store, gym.
I have 3 listings. Contact me BEFORE you book.
This listing is for 1 room with a double bed in a 2 bedroom apartment. (If you want to book the entire place, see other listing).
-Luxury apartment in Sydney's popular shopping district
-In the heart of Darlinghurst & Surry Hills many pubs, bars & restaurants
-Right on Oxford Street
-Quiet 15th floor location
-2 mins from Hyde Park
The apartment is fully furnished; living, dining, kitchen, hallway, bedrooms and balcony. We have air-conditioning and heating. The place has a balcony large enough for dining with an outlook over Sydney City. It is a security building with a lock up garage. We are right on Oxford and 2 minute walk to Hyde Park, Moore Park which is great for jogging, picnic, dog walking, relaxing. There is a golf course in Moore Park.
Guests will have one of the two bedrooms with double bed, wardrobe and shelves and view of the city.
Clean Bathroom with bath and shower, heat lamps and fan. Shared between 2 rooms. Very clean.
Guests are welcome to use the washing machine, laundry with dryer and iron. Please buy your own laundry liquid.
Fully facilitated kitchen with white wares, cooking equipment and nice cutlery and crockery. If you break anything you pay for it.
There is a lock up garage available for your convenience.
•5min walk to central train station
•1 min walk to Hyde Park
•1 min walk to grocery store
•5 min walk to organic food market
•2 min walk to Taylor Square
•2 min walk to Crown Street shops
•10 min bus ride to Beach
•10 min bus ride to Bondi Junction
•3 min bus ride to CBD
•3 min walk to medical center
•1-5 min walk to pubs / clubs / bars
•Gym across the road
There are many cute cafes across the road and around the area
•5 min walk to Woolloomooloo and Kings Cross
•5 min walk to Bourke Street Bakery
•5 min walk to Farmer Jo café
•3 min walk to The Beresford Hotel
•10 min walk to Red Lantern (Vietnamese TV restaurant)
•5 min walk to Toko and Tokonoma (Best Japanese in town)
•Across the Road from The Columbian, Hunky Dory, Ruby Rabbit
Just to confirm: there are two bedrooms. One is mine and I stay there most of the time but I'm hardly home. The other one is available for short and long term renting. If I go away for work or holidays, which I often do, there is opportunity to also rent my room. I am happy to have up to four people staying, and there is also a pull out couch available if anyone books both rooms and would like to bring an extra person. So 6 in total really.
There is a cost for all people: The first booking and cost is for 1 person, if an extra person is coming (2ppl), then the cost will increase.
There is a $150 Key deposit which is fully refundable. Please bring cash on arrival.
This place includes everything Sydney has to offer - come and visit Sophia's place now for an experience of a lifetime!
Please know that I have an awesome place and get 20 requests per week so will chose ppl depending on length of stay, maturity, attendtion to detail and numbers.
You MUST read this to be accepted & I will NOT answer questions that are ALREADY in my profile.
For NYE, please know that I book minimum 1 week, I prefer 2 weeks or more, I prefer 2 people to each room, I can fit 6 people in the entire apartment, I don't want any kids partying in my place, the longer you stay the better. I do no discounts from the calendar over christmas and NYE
Access to everything this place offers + internet.
Interaction with Guests
Happy to interact and can often be away for work.
It gas everything
all transport at doorstep
I require ID emailed to me before arrival
Welcome to Sophia’s place!
Please find enclosed a list of answers to frequently asked questions and explanations about how things work around here.
Local shops and restaurants
1. Farmer Jo, Falconer, Quatro Pazzi
There are excellent cafes and hidden small bars spread around this fin neighbourhood. There is a café 10 minutes up on Hutchinson lane that makes their own muesli and yoghurt and they also serve the best coffee around here! David serves the coffee and he is the friendliest guy in Surry Hills. Farmer Jo is one of Sydney’s most well known muesli makers – they deliver Australia wide. Best to make sure you get a picture of the unique design and tell your friends you’ve been to one of Sydney’s hidden treasures!
2. There is an IGA Supermarket just across the road.
3. Woolworth’s / Woollies & Coles
There is a grocery store on Bourke Street which is one block down and to the left. There is a Cole's in world tower shopping centre only 5 minute walk down liverpool street and onto Castleraigh street.
3. There are several restaurants, fast food and take away stores just outside the building.
4. Both Oxford and Crown Street and all Darlinghurst have many excellent and fun eateries and restaurants and bars such as: Tokonoma, Billy Kwong, The Winery, Phamine, Honky Dory Social Club, The Columbian, Stonewall, The Crown Hotel, The Dolphin, Thairiffic, The White Horse, Sticky, Love Tilly Divine, Laundromatic, BC 121, The Owl House, The Commons, Pocket Bar, Red Lantern, Claire's Kitchen...
5. The Australian Museum is 3 minute walk away
6. Bourke Street also has many interesting places to visit: The Beresford Hotel (food and nightclub), the famous Bourke Street Bakery (10min walk to the left off Foveaux Street).
Sydney City Information
6. The nearest internet café is just outside the door 'My Way' and also Quattro Pazzi behind the building.
7. There are maps and some suburban profiles in your room. (website hidden) maps are easy to use and (website hidden) has public transport information.
8. Central Station is a 10minute walk down the hill from here.
FAQs for Sophia’s Place
9. The cold water tap in the shower is a little tough to turn for some, just put some muscle into it. Please make sure that the tap is also not dripping when you leave. Strong men need not put so much muscle into it that I cannot open it again
11. The remote control is pretty self-explanatory. Should the TV not turn on, please just check the power point and aerial on the left hand side of the TV unit. A light touch is all it needs. Channel 9 is NOT the 9 button, you have to go into the channel list and use the up or down arrows to find it on number 235. This is also an easy way of finding all the channels available with a guide of what’s on at the time. There is a picture of the remote and how it works in the lounge and also in the house rules and info folder in your room
12. There is free tea and coffee in the small cupboard on the right hand side of the oven exhaust fan. Feel free to use any kitchen appliances available in all cupboards. However please do not eat my food. There are designated shelves in the kitchen and fridge.
13. Feel free to use the second shelf in the fridge which is almost always empty.
14. Feel free to use any milk from the fridge for tea or coffee.
15. No alcohol is included, so please do not help yourself to any of the alcohol around the apartment.
16. Laundry powder is not included in the price, so please leave a few dollars there if you use it. There is a little blue and white Tupperware container next to the laundry powder in the laundry. Im happy to do your laundry for $5 if you leave it there and let me know.
17. I often work from home and in the open living space. Please respect my need to work under quiet conditions. I am a friendly and helpful person, but I have responsibilities to work, so please don’t sit down and talk to me while I am working. It is very distractive. You are of course welcome to stay here and watch TV etc, although I personally think Sydney have more to offer than TV.
18. There is only 1 key and I have to pay $150 if you lose it, thus I am adamant to hold a $150 key deposit which is fully refundable when you leave provided that you haven’t lost the key.
19. Please don’t play music and watch TV loud after 11pm.
20. If you break something, I think its common courtesy to pay for it, be it a glass, towels, utilities, books etc.
I had a great time at Sophia's place. The house is very centrally located and has direct buses going to most touristy spots including Bondi beach. The house and the room are very well decorated.
Sophia is a great host. She made me feel at home. And even spent her Sunday morning to show me around!
I'll be happy to stay with her next time too.
Sophia was a nice host and the apartment was in a great location with everything I needed. Before I booked Sophia explained it was Mardi Gras weekend in Sydney and there would be a lot of crowds and noise in the area as the apartment overlooks the parade. Some of her friends came round to watch the parade from our balcony but it was ok because they were all very nice and the party did not go all night. The apartment was clean and tidy throughout.
I had a great week here. I could not have been more central .. I walked everywhere. When I moved in to the guest room I booked, by chance Sophia had a business trip away so I ended up enjoying the whole apartment. It was a lovely and much-needed sanctuary for me. Sophia was extremely welcoming and friendly and super-organised. Everything I needed seemed to be just round the corner - cinemas, the park, the Apple Store, Macrobiotic food, yoga classes, Meditation Space, Andrew Boy Charlton swimming pool, Circular Quay ferries. That's about if for me ... paradise! A small, well ordered space and a swimming pool. What more can you ask for - great value. Sophia is a very thoughtful and generous host, I highly recommend here.
Staying with Sophia was great, she was very welcoming. She was very helpful with providing knowledge of the local area and transport links. The apartment was clean, tidy and the location was great, very central, right on the door step of Hyde Park. We would recommend Sophia's place to anyone.
My son and his friend have lived for a week in the apartment of Sophia and it was the best accommodation they could find. He told me that Sophia is a special person and he wanted to spend more time because the accommodation was just ok.
Sophia's apartment is in a very central location, at the Hyde Park end of Oxford Street. Compact and functional, it's an interesting and well-kept place with a great outlook over the city.
Sophie was helpful, flexible and very accommodating.
This host has 18 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews