About this listing
This is the back porch and entrance into the mud room. Nice seating area while grilling or for just enjoying the view of woods out back..
Space and comfort to match the great outdoors. This 4 bedroom and 3 1/2 bath home has very large spaces(bedrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen and great outdoor spaces( 2 covered decks/porches, a master bedroom balcony and 4 private acres of land to relax on). The private setting is perfect for the ultimate in peace and relaxation while also being centrally located within Sullivan county and all it has to offer.
Sullivan County is officially known as the 'Gem of the Endless Mountains". It is slightly populated(6,000 year round residents) with mountainous terrain, lakes and streams. There are many State parks for swimming, hiking and picnicking and State Game lands for hunting. The high altitude(2,400 ft) and being heavily forested offers natural mountain air conditioning, even on the hottest of days. Once the sun sets you can feel the coolness return to the air for the nightly campfire and then a comfortable nights sleep.
The lakes and streams are mountain spring fed year round and are excellent for swimming, kayaking(spring), and fishing. Of course antiquing and craft stores are found throughout the county. A recent development are 4 wineries that have sprung up on the local mountainsides and are ready to host those interested in wine tastings.
1) Come to 373 Tourscher Rd to pickup the keys(just down the road from 326 Tourscher Rd). Call us(phone number hidden) on the day of arrival and give us an approximate arrival time.
2) Enjoy your time at "The Lodge" and DO NOT hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns.
3) Check out is 11 A.M.. Please read and follow the checkout instructions to help assist us with the next guests.
0. All guests must be 21 yr's of age or older unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
8.Entry: Is thru the back door/mud room.
9.Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
10. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
John and Kay were Great people to meet and talk to The home was really bigger than I ever dreamed it would be clean and neat setup for multiple couples would for sure go back again
John and Kay were very accomodating. Even though we arrived 4 hours earlier than expected, everything was ready for us and Kay opened the mud room early. We ran out of toilet paper so John brought some over! One note for people staying over though, you will have to get rid of your trash and recycling somewhere (can't leave it in the house). If you are here for hiking, it's very manageable since all the state parks have dumpsters. Oh, and the decks were awesome!! We ate breakfast on the desk each day, and my grandmother took a nap there. And, if you are a Chinese-American family, they have cable with the CCTV station which is a HUGE PLUS.
Terrific getaway experience. Perfect winter home for a relaxing time with those closest to you. Pictures do not do this place justice. Our host had decorations set up for the holidays which really brought this place to life. Will definitely be booking again soon, I highly recommend this home!
This was a GREAT place to spend the weekend with friends! Even with the early arrival of winter, the house itself was very comfortable, and the fire pit in the yard made spending time outside tolerable! We hiked in the nearby World's End SP, and it was great to come 'home' to this place. Tons of room in the yard for throwing football, and tons of room in the house such that 8 of us guys weren't in each other's way. John was a great host. He stopped by briefly on Sat. AM to check in and see if we needed anything...and he even stopped back in the evening while we were out by the fire to offer us a ride in his ATV! What a great property with tons of land to walk around and enjoy. Highly recommend this place and definitely hope to return some day. Thanks for sharing this place John and Kay!
Wonderful weekend in the woods! Very accommodating home, it sleeps as many as the description says. There were (8) Standalone beds and then the couches. We were very comfortable. Loved making a fire under the stars. you can even see the milky way! Went for a hike in the state park... great weekend!
This is an awesom house to stay at!!! We had a group of 3 couples and all raved about how nice it was to stay in a place that felt like home away from home. There was enough space for a big meal in the dinning room, as well as a kitchen that was stocked better than at my house. We each had private bedrooms, and the 3 bathrooms made private time a non issue. The wrap around porch gave a real country feel, and invited us chill out and relax. John and his wife greeted us and made sure all was fine. We are looking forward to returning to Lusch Acres and spend more time there.
This host has 10 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, John
My Mom's family originally came from Germany and homesteaded this property in 1850. She was raised on this farm, married and raised 7 children( I was #4) on this same farm. After my father died in 1975, she was not able to keep the farm and it was sold in 1980. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy most of it back in 2001. With our kids grown and off to college, my wife and I moved back in 2008, we tore down the original farm house and rebuilt it in the same image. I've since retired in 2011. This particular property is across the street from the "Homestead" and was built 30 yr's ago. My wife and I were able to acquire this home in February of 2012 and we have spent the last 5 months, working full time renovating and decorating. We are now very happy and pleased to share this home and this area with our guests. Even though I moved off to college in 1974 and lived all around the US I always knew I wanted to return. The beauty, pace and quality of life is hard to match. I recommend you try it out !! I think you would agree !!