About this listing
Come take a break from your day-to-day life and stay as a guest at Isle Haven, our Bainbridge Island home-base and residential retreat space, a country farmhouse in Eagledale, just a ten-minute drive or taxi from the ferry...
Book our simple, elegant guest retreat room featuring:
-hardwood floors, big windows, high ceilings, and peek-a-boo views of Eagle Harbor.
- a queen-size bed and exclusive use of a private full bath with marble floors, pedestal sink and claw-foot tub/shower for the duration of your stay.
- dining room, sitting room, wrap-around porch, and garden
- In-drive and/or on-street parking
- Internet/Wi-Fi available
Sit in the garden or curl up with a good book on the wrap-around porch, catch a glimpse of eagles, herons, and osprey, walk the BI trails and beaches, or wander downtown to the local farmer’s market, boutiques, thrift stores, and cafes.
For dining, the Island offers a variety of restaurants, pubs, and cafes that I can recommend. The Town & Country Market, conveniently located in downtown Winslow on the way from the ferry, has a great selection of ready-made meals and sundries.
Interaction with Guests
We reside on the premises, but respect your privacy. We do our best to be attentive and available without intruding, offering you the ability to rest, relax, and enjoy your own company :)
If you wish to explore more of the Island, and access shops, restaurants, it's really best to have a vehicle available. However, there is cab service (Taxi & Tours) (think country versus city), as well as limited bus service and dial-a-ride service are available through Kitsap Transit. You can also rent a car (the service on the Island is Rock Rent a Car).
On Bainbridge Island, there are two ways to ride:
1) Call to schedule a ride. If you want to catch the bus somewhere other than at a scheduled stop, call at least two hours in advance and the bus will come to you. To schedule a ride, please call 1-844-4BI-RIDE. Reservation lines are open from 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Saturday.
2) Hop on the bus at one of three scheduled stops. Tell the driver where you want to go and you are on your way. Scheduled stops: Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal, Lynwood Center and Bloedel Reserve. See schedule on Kitsap Transit website.
#99 Bus is available week-days during commuting hours (approx. 5-8AM/4-7PM)
See schedule on Kitsap Transit website.
Please refrain from:
- Wearing shoes in the house.
- Smoking or excessive drinking on the premises.
- Eating upstairs (sitting room, dining room or outside seating areas are available).
- Using the kitchen for anything other than helping yourself to the complimentary coffee/tea service included in your booking.
- Feeding or letting the dog outside. Petting, however, is welcome :)