About this listing
Perfect place to base yourself while exploring Sydney. Great neighbourhood and walking distance to the city.
Backyard gives extra space to chill out after your adventures.
My apartment is the ground floor of a circa 1900s terrace in Brougham St Potts Point. 70m2 inside and a 30m2 backyard. I have it set up as a one bedroom but the dining room could be used as a second bedroom.
Full kitchen with electric stove, nespresso coffee machine (I will leave pods and milk for your arrival), full fridge/freezer, microwave. Help yourself to pantry items.
Extremely comfortable queen sized bed. This room is almost sunken into the garden! It's light filled through leadlight windows, and the sun comes through directly at about 10am.
Lots of linen and towels.
Shower and washing machine. There are laundromats nearby too. There is a clothes line in the back yard.
- Extremely comfortable lounge which is a restored 1950s Day/Night sofa, it converts into a narrow double bed, very comfortable but best for 1 person only.
- Large plasma screen TV with DVD player.
- Micro sound system - Ipod dock.
- Separate desk area.
Separate dining room:
This is sun filled in the afternoon and has harbour glimpses.
Large backyard with BBQ.
Big Loquet tree provides privacy from (lovely) neighbours.
I prefer bookings for at least a week. Discounts available for the longer you stay!
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you and show around but then you will will have the place to yourself.
Your ideal Location!
Potts Point is the ideal location to stay when in Sydney. You are close to the harbour and city and yet surrounded by excellent restaurants, cafes and wine bars. It's central location provides excellent public transport to the beaches too.
From my street it's a 10 minute walk to Woolloomooloo wharf (lots of restaurants) and the art gallery of NSW (free entry to main collection). Then only another 10 minutes on to Mrs Macquarie's Chair, the iconic lookout point at the end of the botanic gardens where you have excellent views of the harbour bridge, opera house, Fort Denison etc. From my front window you can see the harbour bridge but as I'm on the ground floor the view is obscured by trees.
Brougham Street is one street back from the main streets of Potts Point and Kings Cross so close to the nightlife but not in it!
It's 5 minute walk to Darlinghurst and 20 minute walk to Surry Hills and Paddington. All of these areas are similar to Potts Point and have great bars, restaurants, cafes, shops filled with local designer gear. The Verona cinema is also walking distance (in Paddington).
Restricted on-street parking during the day. There is a car share car very close-by. The area is well connected by public transport, 5 minutes to the city by train and 10 minutes to Bondi Junction. Buses are the easiest way to get to circular quay but you could also walk through the botanic gardens, it would take 30-40 minutes.
I hope you enjoy your stay in Sydney. This is my home, which I love and I get along very well with all my neighbours so I would appreciate it if you take the time to take note of some of the points below:
• Please treat this flat as you would your own and respect my belongings, also feel free to use the pantry, fridge and freezer as your own too!
• I want you to have fun, please remember that this is not a party flat; so please be considerate and leave the party at one of the area's many bars + clubs.
• I have left DVDs, CDs, books for your use. Please be fair and honest, treat things with respect and do not remove anything from the flat.
• If you're a smoker, please use the backyard.
• Please please make sure you switch off all electrical appliances and lights when you leave the flat. It's good for the environment, prevents fire incidents and keeps costs low
• I'd love to hear your thoughts on the flat, the area and how I could make your next stay with us more pleasant. Please feel free to email me or leave a message.
• Please make an effort to recycle.