About This Listing
Our room is located in a listed Wilhelminian style building which was built in 1878. It is located in Prenzlauer Berg (Kollwitzkiez) bordering Berlin downtown and is a great location to explore Berlin from. The room belongs to our private apartment, bathroom, toilet, and kitchen is shared with others.
• 11 sqm
• quiet, window facing the backyard
• at the entrance of the apartment
• furnished with original oriental pieces
• queen size bed (160x200cm)
• memory foam matress and comfy duvet
We look forward to meeting and hosting you!
• wireless internet (WiFi)
• kitchen + dining area
• bathroom and separate toilet
• lonely planet Berlin and other guides
• towels and linens
• hair dryer
Interaction with Guests
We´re available for any queries prior to and during your stay.
The 'Kollwitzkiez' is one of the hippest districts Berlin has to offer. The streets in our neighborhood have the charm of Parisian boulevards and encompass a wide range of trendy bistros, bars, cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores. There are also other mod cons - pharmacy, bank, coffee shops, ATMs, post office, boutique stores, live music, cinemas etc - - all within easy walking distance (no more than 15 mins). Anything else you desire should be with a 20 minute radius if you take public transport.
Tram M2: 1 minute walk
Subway U2: 5 minutes walk
Both will get you to Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes. Alexanderplatz is the closest hub and from here you have the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Metro (tram) and Bus network to get you to where ever you wish to go.
Other Things to Note
Note: 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
Since we are private hosts with regular jobs and a small kid, we have some regulations
• please provide a one hour time frame for your arrival
• regular checkin between 6pm - 10pm, earlier checkin can be organized
• checkout by 10am
• fees: earlier checkin 5€, checkin between 10pm and 11pm 5€, between 11pm and 12pm 10€, after 12pm 20 € (arrival after midnight is not welcome, please ask us first before booking)
• Not arriving in the one hour agreed timeframe and failing to communicate it atlease one hour before the timeframe = 10€
• 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
• please be quite in the backyard and the communal hallway, since it echoes a lot in this building
• smoking is strictly forbidden throughout the building, in the backyard, and in the apartment
• visitors are not permitted in the apartment
Claudia and Lucas are very thoughtful and nice.
Things in their flat are exactly the same as showed in pictures.
There are four rooms for travelers in this flat, and rooms were all full when we lived there, but everything was in order and we spent a good time there. Besides, it is very convenient to go to the city center.
I would definitely recommend this lovely flat to others.
Sehr netter, fröhlicher Empfang. Super Lage in ein paar Minuten im Zentrum. Fragen wurden offen und freundliche beantwortet ebenso wie hilfreiche Tipps und Informationen zur Unterkunft und Umgebung.
Sehr zu empfehlen und jeder Zeit wieder! :)
Alles bestens! Zimmer sah genauso aus wie auf dem Foto. Wir wurden sehr nett empfangen und mit Tipps für den Citytrip ausgestattet. Die Wohnung (Küche, Bad, Zimmer) war sehr sauber. Lage super, da die Tram und viele Restaurants um die Ecke sind.
Really nice apartment and location. Clean, lots of room and reallly comfortable. We had a great stay, I can really recommend it!
had a good stay at claudia's place. location was very good, near many good food places and easily accessible to the tram (:
do note that there is no elevator, (7 flights of step) so pack light!
We stayed in the oriental room. The room itself is perfectly suitable for a visit to Berlin and looked nice and clean at first glance. When we were greeted and showed the room the window was open masking one huge problem which was the presence of a constant strong BAD odor. Looking through previous reviews you will find a few people mention this which we must have missed prior to booking.
In addition note that this is not a private room in a family's flat but rather a small professional hostel set up which was not what we were looking for in the airbnb experience. That being said the other guests were all very friendly and nice to chat with when you crossed paths. The common area was very clean thankfully since due to the smell we had to spend all time inside not sleeping in there.
Location to transportation is great and really nice food in the area however the tram and metro system in berlin is fantastic so you'd be hard pressed to stay in a place not located near transportation.
We would not recommend this room until the host fixes the odor issue.
This host has 334 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews