About this listing
Sunny room with a balcony, comfy bed, in the heart of the city. Walk to Barnes Hospital/WashU Medical. Under 2 miles to SLU Medical. Easy access to Metrolink, Forest Park, restaurants, concert and sporting venues, and highways.
You have your own private balcony overlooking the garden. A desk and chair help you get a little work done.
(Please read all details. Most of your questions are already answered here.)
Enjoy a sunny private bedroom with its own balcony overlooking a lovely garden. You will sleep well on the comfortable queen size bed with plenty of pillows and blankets. There is a large closet and a desk.
The large bathroom has a spa feel with a deep oval soaking tub, rain showerhead, plenty of plush towels, and large bright vanity. It is shared with your host and sometimes with one other guest.
The house is a classic St Louis 2 story red brick row house built in the 1880s and fully remodeled inside. Free street parking is always available on my quiet, safe street. This is a gay friendly home and neighborhood.
I have one small dog who seldom barks and is friendly with adults.
You have full access to artistically decorated living, dining and kitchen areas.
There is a full size washer and dryer in the basement, available to guests who stay for a week or more at no additional charge. An ironing board and iron are also available.
Breakfast is "on your own". I provide coffee, tea, juice, granola, and fruit. Please clean up after yourself.
No TV service. Free Internet.
Interaction with Guests
I live in the home and am usually home during my guest visits. I enjoy conversation about your travels, and will provide any information you need for your trip, but I won't impose myself on you.
You will also be interacting with my dog. He's little and sweet, but if you don't like dogs, please don't book a room with me. It is important that he feel safe and happy in his own home.
I occasionally rent out another smaller room to just one guest at a time. Please be friendly and get acquainted.
Walk to trendy restaurants and coffee shops, the Grove, the Central West End, Forest Park, and Barnes Hospital/WashU School of Medicine. The Central West End Metrolink station (trains and buses) is less than a mile away. The closest bus stop is only a block away.
Just blocks from Interstate 64, my home is centrally located for all the best St. Louis has to offer! 1 mi to Mo Botanical Garden, 1/2 mi to Forest Park (zoo, museums, trails), 2 mi to Tower Grove Park, 3 mi to Washington University hilltop campus, 2 mi to Grand Center (Fox Theater, Powell Hall), 4.5 mi to downtown (Arch, sports stadiums, City Museum).
This is a great location for anyone visiting the heart of St Louis, whether as a tourist, or to visit Washington University or Barnes Hospital. Don't miss our world-class museums, zoo, and botanical garden! City Museum is one-of-a-kind.
My block is a quiet dead-end. If you have a car, you may park on the street without a pass or charge. Larger trucks are not a good idea because you may not find a large space and because turning around to get out will be very difficult.
I can provide directions around the city for walking, cycling, Metrolink, or driving. Please look over the guidebook to see just how close I am to the places you want to visit!
Other Things to Note
My little dog is very sweet and quiet around adults, but unfortunately is not good with children or other animals. No exceptions.
1. Check in is negotiable between 2pm and 8 pm. Exact check in time must be arranged with host in advance. Early checkin is not possible because I have guests nearly every night. On Fridays, checkin after 4p is greatly appreciated.
2. No loud noises between 10 pm and 8 am.
3. Be nice to the dog. He is calm and quiet, but DO NOT book this room if you are afraid of all dogs. Please close your bedroom door when you are away so that the dog cannot get into your room.
4. Clean up after yourself in all the shared areas. Pick up your bath towels and wash your dishes.
5. Absolutely no smoking anywhere on the premises.
5. No illegal substances or activities are allowed.
6. No additional overnight guests that were not booked in advance.
7. Notify me immediately if any emergency arises in the home.
Respect and good communication are the keys to a successful visit. You can help me be a better host by telling me what you need.
8. Keep all communications in the Airbnb message stream. Telephone calls should be reserved for urgent situations only.
9. Under no circumstances should you ever enter my personal bedroom.
10. Breaking the rules will result in being asked to leave, without refund.