About this listing
Experience the beautiful Chinese teak-wood boat and relax on the back-deck watching 'life of marina'. Comfortable air-conditioned front cabin with soft bed for 2. Wake up to cooked breakfast every morning with public transport efficiently close by!
You are checking - Front deck cabin room (on boat 1) - bed size double (soft bed) - washroom- next to the room, small wardrobe, air-conditioned, reading light, pillows, quilt, towels provided.
------- SEE ALL --------------
For other room options, visit below links:
1. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/65117 ( Room1- Front Cabin, boat 1) - USD88/night
2. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/349836 (Room 2-Roof Suite, boat 1) - USD 118/night
3. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1514586 (Room3-Captain Suite, boat 1) - USD 108/night
5. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2013499 (Room5-Cabin Suite, boat 2)- USD 75/night
6. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1967069 (Room6-Captain Suite. boat 2) - USD108/night
"We are now recommended on Lonely Planet, yeeey" (See all photos)
------ BOAT DESCRIPTION & LOCATION --------:
Our Chinese wooden-Junk boat is called Moksha (Moksha in sanskrit means Liberation) and was built in 1993. The boat has been restored and converted into comfortable houseboat in Oct 2010, with classic Chinese wooden decoration, modern kitchen and with luxury of space, open deck and balconies watching and listening to sky, air, ocean, mountains and refresh from vibrant and high-tech Hong Kong. Moksha is moored in Arberdeen on Hong Kong Island in South China Sea and conveniently connected. A local bus ride to famous Times-Square in Causeway Bay is just 10 minutes away. Causeway Bay is HK's major shopping districts and one of the most crowded areas as it contains many trendy shops carrying both locally made fashion and products from Japan and rest of the world. As such, it is a popular social spot for young people. Your host Minsi (Sweety) and Saral with 2 cats live on the boat and there are 2 extra rooms on boat for traveller stay.
-------- ROOM DESCRIPTION------------:
On this page, you can see the bedroom pictures. The bedroom is at the lower front deck of the boat with medium size wardrobe and drawers, reading light, clean pillows and quilt. The guest bathroom is outside the room. We'll provide fresh bed linens on your arrival and change once in 3 days. Our helper will daily clean and make your bedroom, washroom/bathroom. The front deck room can accommodate a couple or 2 guests. For extra guests or kids can either book another room on roof or stay in the TV room with a small double bed. The TV room is open but with a curtain to close on the bedside, please refers to pictures for details. If you are traveling with a bigger group, we could reserve up to 2 rooms with the TV room. Please contact us for details.
- Bus Terminal and Taxi station is right outside our Pier.
- 2 minutes boat ride is the famous Jumbo Restaurant on ocean.
- 5 minutes by Local bus is Ocean Park
- 15 minutes by local bus to Jockey Club (Horse races-every Wednesday), Wan-Chai, Causeway-Bay and Deep-Water-Bay beach.
- 15 min by taxi to the Wanchai Exhibition center.
- 25 minutes by local bus & MTR to Central.
- Direct ferry to Lamma island from Aberdeen Pier - 5min from our boat.
Stone throw away from our boat is the Ocean Park, which is undoubtedly the best theme park in Hong-Kong (Yes, much better then Disney-Land). With the presence of four giant pandas and four very rare and cute red pandas, as well as plenty of rides, such as the celebrated roller coaster called the Dragon and the Abyss ‘turbo drop’. In Marine Land you’ll find sea lions and seals, daily dolphin and killer-whale shows, and aquariums with 5,000 fish from 400 species, and contain the world’s biggest aquarium viewing dome. The newly opened "Polar adventure" in 2012 house many polar animals including 70 penguins, pacific Walruses etc.
NEARBY LOCAL FOOD MARKET:
To go for local flair, near to our boat, there's Nam Long Shan road cooked food market and Ap Lei Chau Fish Market where Chinese Dai pai dong (food stalls) operators cook up tasty dishes in HK$30 to HK$60 range, and affordable seafood selections. You can buy seafood from the wet market downstairs and pay them to cook it for you the way you want.There's also a Thai food restaurant that offers the best Tom Yum soup and Red Curry run by a Thai couple. Every evening, fishermen, dragon boaters and locals come to these markets for the cheap beer and delicious food.
NEARBY BEACHES, ISLANDS, HIKING & WATER SPORTS:
Lots of beaches like Deep-water Bay (walkable distance), Repulse Bay, Stanley beach and small island villages that are within 20 mins bus or Ferry ride from our boat. We can arrange many water sports such as wake-boarding, Jet-Ski etc so send us message for details. Stanley is also famous for stalls selling that last-minute souvenirs gifts and lots of great restaurants and bars. 20mins by Ferry is the most famous Lamma Island where you can visit the Lamma Fisherfolk's Village, Tin Hau Temples and enjoy hiking to find strange rocks and beautiful views or relax by eating sumptuous Chinese seafood feast at a delightful waterfront restaurants.
----------FROM AIRPORT TO OUR BOAT--------------:
From the airport to our place, it takes around 40 minutes by Taxi & costs around HKD350. If you want a local/cheaper option, then first take the airport express train (HK$100 per person) from the airport to Hong Kong Station (Central- last stop) then jump on a bus (HKD4.7 per person) from right outside the Hong Kong Station station (Exchange Square bus terminal) to the last stop (Shum Wan road bus terminal) near our home. Or you can take a taxi (HKD80) after you arrive Central. The pier is next to the bus terminal, you can take the water taxi to the boat. It's only 2 minutes away from the pier to the boat. The water taxi runs 24 hours and cost HKD7 per person in the day time, HKD10 per person in the night time and HKD20 per person after mid-night. The direction with full details & reference pictures will be sent to you few weeks before your check in.
You can always see "Boat Moksha Hong Kong" on FxxxBxxk Page as well !! You can also go to that page to check out more picture which are shared by our guest :).
-----------BREAKFAST, LUNCH & DINNER----------
Basic breakfast such as cereals, bread-toast, tea, coffee will be provided. You are welcomed to use the kitchen to cook and store your groceries in our fridge but make sure to clean-up after use. If you like us to prepare meals for you, please send us message for details. There are also many local & chain restaurants around. Please ask us for details.
Finally, if you haven't found answers to all your questions then feel free to send us the message with your questions. We'll get back to you as soon as possible, normally within an hour if not sleeping.
In addition, you may also read "House Rules" to find out more about the location, our pets, check in, and check out times. Your host keeps the availability calendar updated, so you may go ahead and book if it says available or otherwise send us the message and we may be able to make special arrangements depending on conditions.
Looking forward to see you at Moksha-Happy Travels !!
- We have 2 British-short-hair Cats living with us on board. As concerned about the health of the cats, Please do-not feed the cat without host permission.
- Check out time Before 1pm however in some circumstances such as late flight, we accept late check-out considering that no other guests are arriving the same day, in which case you are welcomed to hang-around on the boat but clear the room before 1pm.
- Check in time: After 1:00 pm however in some circumstances such as early flight arrival, we accept early check-in considering that no other guests are checking out the same day, in which case you are welcomed to hang-around on the boat until the room is cleared and cleaned.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If Check-in after 9pm, is consider as late and requires you to inform the host in advance as we have to make special arrangements. If the guest didn't inform the host of the late check-in, we will consider the booking is cancelled automatically without refund.
- We have electric toilets on-board which gets jammed/damaged if you throw anything else in the toilet except toilet paper (eg cotton buds, plastic, diapers, pads etc) . In case the pump is broken due to your carelessness we'll charge the repair fees of USD200 as penalty.
- Smoking is only allowed in outdoor area. It's not allowed to smoke indoors including living room, guest room and washroom.
- All rules are flexible, but the guests have to discuss with the host in advance if they have any special situation.
- The boat is only allowed the person who make the reservation stay on the boat, if you have friends in Hong Kong and you want to invite them to the boat, please ask the host permission in advance. If the guest bring other persons on the boat without notice, we will cancel your stay permit immediately without any refund.
nice trip the room is very cozy and neat! Saral and
His girlfriend are very sweet!
Staying on Saral's has been an amazing experience! Waking up in the morning with such a splendid view was so worth it! I stayed on the boat for 6 nights and had a very comfortable stay. Saral and is girlfriend were amazing hosts, very friendly and helpful! I would certainly recommend staying on Saral's boat!
Transportation was easy as a bus terminal is right next to it (must go by SamPan [Small Taxi Boat - it's cheap and the experience is great!]).
To Saral and his girlfriend, thank you!
It was a pleasure staying on this houseboat. Lovely fresh air and gorgeous night sky views. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the sampans motor past. Access to public transport was easy and it was a novel experience for us to catch a sampan to shore, then a bus to the many lovely beaches nearby.
Our hosts, Saral and Ling Ling and their helper created a warm and inviting atmosphere. The bed was comfortable (not hard) as promised. Am so glad we stayed in this home on the water rather than an impersonal hotel.
Interesting experience, convenience location - direct bus from Central Causeway Bay and Mongkok
Saral is nice
If budget is not an issue, suggest to book the roof room
The cat is cute too
I had a great experience staying at the boat. The room and bathroom were cleaned and just as pictured. It is easy to get to by public transportation and its nice to stay in a calmer area of the city. I would highly recommend this place.
This host has 99 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Saral
We live on the boat with our helper Siti and two funny cat Shiva and Apple. Saral is from India and Siti is from Indonesia and we enjoy to share living on the boat experience with the guest comes all around the world.
We enjoy the life on the boat and the peaceful life style make us feel great, if you want to try something different in Hong Kong, Moksha will be your good choice.
Our property agent said to us while we were looking to rent a property, "Careful, You can't live on Land after living on a boat". I thought being an agent he was trying to push a story but realized soon enough that he was right. We finally bought the boat to live on it forever.
Hong Kong is a great city but with very limited space, it makes it difficult to live if you come from open places. Having a 6 feet by 2 feet balcony in Hong-Kong means throwing millions more and a sea view is something only thousands of dollar/night can buy you.
You can check out the 5 rooms on the boats from the link below,