About This Listing
Pinery is a 1937 vintage cabin in Brightwood, Oregon that we adore...and we want to share it with others that crave a quiet mountain retreat along the Sandy River.
Pinery sits on a 1/3 acre in the woods with a pretty trail to the Sandy River, just 15-20 minutes from skiing, numerous hiking trails and historic Timberline Lodge. Pinery is convenient to great restaurants, too.
The cabin is just an hour from Portland, so it's the perfect retreat for skiing, hiking, playing golf, and for anyone looking for a quiet getaway in the woods!
The 800 sq ft cabin has tons of vintage charm with all the comforts of home. It sleeps up to four (two bedroom lofts--twin and double beds--and a first floor bedroom with a queen bed.) It also has a huge stone fireplace and a modern kitchen with dining area. We have free wifi, hammocks, games, books, and a DVD screen (no TV or cable) with movies.
Pinery is pet friendly for one well-behaved dog. It is not a good place for puppies that chew.
Our place is special and quirky--lots of old open railings and a catwalk (!)--so it's not a good choice for children or those not confident of their footing on stairs, and there is absolutely no smoking allowed.
Interaction with Guests
We always greet our guests at the cabin to walk through the quirks of the place, but otherwise you have the place to yourselves.
1) Although there is a cleaning fee, we expect the cabin to be left tidy and the used linens put in the basket in the bathroom. If that doesn't happen, the security deposit will be charged for excessive cleaning at $60 per hour.
2) You are responsible for any and all damage to the cabin or property sustained as a result of your stay, and I may use part of or all of the security deposit to repair broken, damaged or missing items, fixtures, furnishings, bedding, towels, kitchen equipment, appliances and any and all items attached or contained in the cabin.
3) If something seems damaged, you must let me know immediately upon your arrival.
4) There are no refunds due to weather conditions.
5) You must be sure the front and back doors, as well as windows, are properly locked at checkout or you will forfeit your security deposit.
6) I can't be held responsible for any items left after check out, but I will contact you to try to arrange the return of any found items.
7) A $100 fee will be charged to you if you don't return all keys.
8) Absolutely no parties, photo shoots or other commercial activiites can take place without express written permission in advance.
9) If you bring a well-behaved dog, you must let us know in advance. Any damage from the dog will be charged either against the security deposit or with an excessive cleaning fee.
The cabin is lovely: beautifully furnished, carefully maintained and very well equipped. It's clean and comfortable to the point of being luxurious -- especially for people used to camping -- and we felt very spoiled there. It's easily accessible from Portland and yet in a world of its own, surrounded by peaceful woods and mostly invisible neighbors. I would definitely recommend it! Unfortunately my German cell phone caused some communication problems with the owners -- I was getting their messages but they weren't getting mine -- but it all turned out right in the end.
This cabin was nothing but magical! It's tucked away in a quiet neighborhood with lots of greenery and just a short walk to the river. Judith welcomed us and made us feel right at home. Everything about this experience was just perfect. Thank you!
Gwenn was a gracious host, meeting us at check-in to open the cabin and show us how everything was laid out.
This is a terrific getaway spot - peaceful and beautiful, historic to boot! We had a very relaxing long weekend and would recommend the Pinery to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing hideaway spot!
We stayed at The Pinery for the second leg of our PNW honeymoon and it was nothing short of awesome. Everything was adorable, cozy, and charming. Even though it was just the two of us, we commented on what a perfect escape it would be for a family. We were close enough to drive into Portland everyday without feeling like we spent a ton of time driving. Judith and Gwenn really thought of everything for a perfect stay for their guests. And, like other guests mentioned, even the bed was comfortable! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect spot to relax and enjoy a nice stay in the woods.
Anyone wanting a unique experience at mount hood needs to stay at the pinery! Such an amazing little cabin close to every activity you would want!
A great place to stay! We had a very cozy and relaxing experience at Pinery. Even the bed was really comfortable! A perfect place, the quintessential cabin in the woods. All the amenities you could think of. We hope to come back and experience the magic of this special cabin again.
About the Host, Judith & Gwenn
My wife and I own a charming 1937 vintage cabin in Brightwood, Oregon that we adore...and we want to share it with others that crave a quiet mountain retreat along the Sandy River.