About this listing
Convenient East End location on bus line. Just 5-10 minute walk to Bakery Square, G**gle, CMU & Chatham shuttle stops, & shopping. Large 2nd floor room in quiet, smoke free, pet free home. Free off-street parking. Light self-serve breakfast included.
In addition to the bedroom's vintage light fixture, there are lamps in the room. You can also pull back the room-darkening curtains for natural light.
Perfect for 1 or 2 guests for an extended stay, or up to 3 guests for a shorter stay. This listing is for exclusive use of a bedroom located on the 2nd floor of our home. This bedroom has a Queen size bed, nightstand with lamp, large dresser, mirror, chair, ceiling light, closet, cable TV with remote, individually controlled electric baseboard heat, and a window air conditioning unit is installed during the summer. We can also bring a twin mattress into the room, if you prefer 2 beds (if you will need the twin mattress, let us know in advance so we'll have time to bring it to the room).The bedroom has a large window (with room darkening curtain liners).
As there are often other guests staying in our home, for guest privacy all bedrooms have keyed front door style locks.
In the morning you can help yourself to a light breakfast from the coffee bar in our living room. The included breakfast consists of coffee, assorted teas, fruit, and cereal bars.
You will have access to our kitchen (for light cooking only) during daytime and evening hours, and upon request can be provided with space to store a limited amount of refrigerated and dry foods (please do not bring items that need to be frozen, as our freezer is often full).
You are welcome to use the blow dryer and toiletry items stored in the bin in the bathroom. Ask before using any other items stored in the bathroom, as they may belong to whoever is occupying the other 2nd floor bedroom that shares the bathroom with you.
On request, we can also arrange for you to have FREE access to a gym and indoor swimming pool at the nearby Kingsley Association (1 to 2 minute walk from the house; weekday hours vary, closed on Saturday evenings and on Sundays).
Interaction with Guests
My housemate (Lisa) and I are frequently away from the home at various times throughout the day. Due to my schedule, Lisa is the one who usually responds to messages here, and she's who you'll most frequently be communicating with prior to and during your stay. In order to ensure someone will be at the house to greet you and provide a set of keys for the bedroom and the front door, arrival time must be coordinated in advance. Check in after 9 PM is permitted only with prior approval.
You will be given a number to use for calls or texts between 9 AM and 9 PM for questions and other non-urgent matters, and can call anytime for emergencies. Unless it is for a truly urgent reason, please refrain from calling or texting during the night or early morning hours.
Upon arrival, be prepared to upon request present your unexpired US driver's license (or state-issued ID card, if you don't have a driver's license) or a valid passport, and the name on the ID must match the name on your account; if the booking was made for double or triple occupancy, your traveling companion(s) must also be prepared to provide the same, and you must upon booking send a message to provide us with their full legal name(s). For the safety and security of our home and everyone in it, YOU MAY NOT BRING ANYONE INTO OUR HOME OTHER THAN THE GUESTS WHO ARE ACCOUNTED FOR IN YOUR RESERVATION AND WHOSE FULL LEGAL NAMES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED IN ADVANCE.
Shopping and restaurants in the East Liberty/Shadyside area are within walking distance. Just a few blocks from:
Shopping and restaurants in the East Liberty/Shadyside area are within walking distance. Just a few blocks from:
-Mama Rose's 0.3 miles (a house restaurant with authentic Jamaican food for take out, or eat at tables in Mama Rose's back yard)
-Bakery Square 0.3 miles (CMU Software Engineering Institute, a CMU shuttle stop, ZipCar, TechShop, LA Fitness, Jimmy John's, Panera, Coffee Tree Roasters, Anthropologie, Marriott Springhill Suites...and the Pittsburgh location of the internet giant whose name airbnb won't let me post, it comes from its' founders misspelling the word "Googol")
-Village of Eastside Shopping Center 0.5 miles (Trader Joe's, McDonald's, Tuesday Morning, Staples, China Garden Buffet)
-Target 0.5 miles
-Giant Eagle 0.6 miles
-CVS 0.6 miles
-Walgreens 0.7 miles
-Whole Foods 0.9 miles
-Aldi 1.2 miles
The nearby diverse selection of great Pittsburgh restaurants includes:
BRGR, Casbah, Dinette, NoodleHead, Paris 66, Plum Pan-Asian Kitchen, Sharp Edge Beer Emporium, Salt of the Earth (NaCl), Spoon, Tana Ethiopian Cuisine, Union Pig and Chicken, Verde Mexican Kitchen and Cantina
And if you'll be in town during the 2015 Pittsburgh Marathon, our home is located directly along the course, just past mile marker 19, between a fluid station and a first aid station.
Our house is on the bus line, with bus stops at both ends of the block. Walk 2 minutes (East Liberty Blvd at Frankstown Ave stop) to catch bus 74, bus 77, bus 82, bus 86, bus 89, or bus P17. Take a 7 minute walk (Penn Ave at East Liberty Blvd stop) to catch bus 71C, bus 74, bus 75, bus 77, bus 82, bus 86, bus 88, or bus 89. A 15 minute walk gets you to even more buses (the East Busway's Ellsworth Ave at East Liberty station)... the 75, P1, P2, P3, P7, P10, P12, P13, P16, P17, P67, P68, P69, P71, P76, and P78 all stop here. (Sorry about the repetition of the word "bus"... the Airbnb system blocked when I tried to put just the numbers, as it thought I was trying to post a phone number!)
The CMU and Chatham shuttles both have stops about 0.5 miles from the house.
If you bring a car, we have free off-street parking. Or bring your bicycle, there's a bike lane that passes the house. All the major Universities, the Downtown area, and the Strip District are a short and easy commute from the house. The new UPMC Children's Hospital and many other UPMC facilities all are within reach in minutes.
Driving distances to some of Pittsburgh's many attractions and world class medical facilities are:
-Pittsburgh Glass Center 1.1 mile
-UPMC Shadyside Hospital/UPMC Hillman Cancer Center 1.5 mile
-UPMC Children's Hospital 2.5 miles
-West Penn Hospital 2.5 miles
-Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium 3.5 miles
-UPMC St. Margaret Hospital 3.5 miles
-Oakland 4 miles (Pitt, CMU, UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, Western Psych, VA Hospital, Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens)
-Strip District 4 miles (Heinz History Center, the original Primanti Brothers location, Penn Mac, Wholey's Seafood, Stan's Produce, various restaurants & ethnic markets, great street food...a veritable foodie paradise!)
-Waterworks Mall 4 miles (Waterworks Cinema, WalMart, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Bed Bath & Beyond, Giant Eagle, Burgatory, Thai Place, Eat'n Park, Chili's Grill & Bar, Five Guys Famous Burger & Fries, & more)
-Hill District/Uptown 5 miles (Consul Energy Center, UPMC Mercy, Duquesne University)
-Downtown/Cultural District 5.5 miles
-The Waterfront 5.5 miles (AMC Loews Theatre, The Improv, Costco, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, DSW Shoes, Macy's, Men's Wearhouse, Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, Bar Louie, Bravo Cucina Italiana, Dave & Buster's, Mitchell's Fish Market, P.F. Chang's, Rock Bottom Brewery, Yokoso Japanese Steak House, lots of other shopping & restaurants)
-Sandcastle Waterpark 6 miles
-Kennywood Park 7 miles (the world famous Thunderbolt & 5 other roller coasters, Potato Patch Fries, & Kiddie Land for the little ones!)
-North Side/North Shore 7 miles (PNC Park, Heinz Field, Rivers Casino, Allegheny General Hospital, Andy Warhol Museum, Carnegie Science Center, National Aviary, Children's Museum, Stage AE)
Pittsburgh International Airport is 24.6 miles from the house. Yes, that does sound really far, but keep in mind that the Airport is outside the city, 20 miles from Downtown Pittsburgh and 21 miles from Oakland. This house is very convenient to all the places most visitors need to get to... it's the Airport that has the inconvenient location! If you don't want to take a bus, cabs are an option... or guests can contact us to discuss arranging airport pick-up and/or drop-off.
Other Things to Note
If we have Instant Booking enabled and you use it to make a same day reservation, you must call immediately to discuss arrival plans (you'll see a contact number on your itinerary)... otherwise, there may not be anyone home to let you in.
No guests under 18 years of age are permitted unless this has been discussed and approved of before a booking is made. If we have the Instant Book feature activated, DO NOT under any circumstances make an Instant Booking if you plan to have someone under 18 years old with you.
To avoid misunderstandings RE: pricing, please note our rates vary, and there is an added fee for double occupancy. Rates are higher for summer dates, holidays, special event periods, and some weekends. If you have any questions about the rate displayed when you are in the process of making a booking request, please ask for clarification BEFORE you finalize your booking request. Once your booking request has been submitted and we have accepted it, no pricing adjustments will be made.
- For the safety and security of our home and everyone in it, YOU MAY NOT BRING ANYONE INTO OUR HOME OTHER THAN THE GUESTS WHO ARE ACCOUNTED FOR IN YOUR RESERVATION AND WHOSE FULL LEGAL NAMES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED IN ADVANCE.
- CHECK IN TIME: Check in time is to be scheduled between 4 PM and 9 PM. In order to coordinate our schedule to best accommodate the check in time that you request, you must inform us of the expected arrival time at least 7 days prior to arrival date (or immediately upon booking, if reservation starts in less than 7 days), and we will do our best to accommodate your requested arrival time. However, if you require a specific check in time or plan to arrive later than 9 PM, you must before booking confirm with us whether we can accommodate the request... reasonable requests will be considered, but will be dependent on our schedule.
- LATE ARRIVAL: Unless we agree in advance to a later arrival time, you must arrive for check in by no later than 9 PM on the scheduled arrival date.
- KEYS: A single set of keys will be provided upon check in. If you fail to ensure that all keys that were given to you upon check in are upon check out returned directly to us or left in the designated location, you will be liable for the cost of replacing all affected locks.
- CHECK OUT TIME: You are to check out by no later than 11 AM on the scheduled departure date. Any exceptions must be authorized by us in advance via the Airbnb messaging system, and additional fees may apply.
- CHECK OUT PROCESS: Check out is not considered to have officially occurred until the time you have done one of the following:
1) give the keys directly to us and vacate the property; or
2) leave the keys on the nightstand in the room, vacate the property, and notify us via text or the Airbnb messaging system to confirm that you have departed.
- UNAUTHORIZED LATE CHECK OUT: If you have not notified us of your check out (as per the Check Out Process outlined above) by 11:15 AM (or by 15 minutes after the agreed upon check out time, if we sent an Airbnb message agreeing to a later time), you will be considered an unauthorized late check out, and additional charges may apply.
- Before you book, please make sure your check in and check out dates are firm, fixed, and not subject to change. No refunds will be given for early departures or shortened stays.
- If you cancel your booking, eligibility for any refund will be strictly as specified by the listed cancellation policy.
- If you encounter any problems at the house, please inform us promptly (by sending a message via Airbnb) so a solution can be worked out. Please don't wait until your departure date to let us know if something needs repaired or if we need to obtain a replacement for a lost or damaged item. Even if the problem is something you feel isn't inconveniencing you, we still need to know ASAP so we can remedy it and have the room ready before our next guests arrive.
- Be courteous to others in the home; no loud noise at any time. QUIET HOURS are 11 PM to 8 AM; please take care to avoid disturbing others' sleep if you are are an early riser or stay up late, and especially when returning to the home late at night.
- The exterior door of the home is to be kept locked at all times, and is never to be propped open. Please double check to ensure that you lock the door each time you enter or exit the home.
- We provide disposable to-go cups if you'd like to take along a hot beverage when you head out for the day. These disposable cups are not to be used for beverage that will be consumed in the home, there are regular mugs which are to be used for this purpose.
- As the kitchen is used by us and by other guests, your use of the kitchen is contingent on following the "Kitchen Rules" that are posted in the the kitchen.
- Recycling is MANDATORY in the city of Pittsburgh. There is a blue container in the kitchen for recyclables; do not put any recyclables in trash cans in the kitchen/bedrooms/bathrooms.
- In order to help prevent household pests, we do not permit any food to be stored in the bedroom, and we strongly prefer that you not eat in the bedroom. If you do carry any food to the bedroom for immediate consumption, please return any dinnerware and leftover food to the kitchen promptly. No dirty dinnerware or open food/beverages are to be left in the kitchen, living room, or bedrooms. All food waste and empty takeout wrappers/containers are to be placed in the kitchen trash can or recycling container, not in the open bedroom and bathroom trash baskets.
- Keep your room and the common areas clean and tidy (this includes cleaning up any shaved/shed hair or splashed water in the shared bathroom).
- Do not place any wet/damp items on the furniture. Hooks/racks for towels and coasters for drinks are provided.
- Please turn down the electric baseboard heat or turn off air conditioning in your room while you'll be out, and turn off lights/fans/TV when not using them; if you forget to do so, you may return to find that we did it for you :-)
- Windows are to remain closed during the winter months and any other time that the heat is in use. Also, do not open the window when you have the air conditioner turned on.
- Guests are not permitted to socialize in other guests' bedrooms. All socializing is to be done in the home's common areas. The basement is NOT a common area... it is our private space and is completely off limits to guests.
- If we find that you or your travelling companion have entered the basement or any other guest's room for any reason other than a bona fide emergency (i.e., a fire, medical emergency, or similar situation that involves potential serious property damage or risk to human life), or if you or your travelling companion create a disturbance at our home, you may at our discretion be required to immediately vacate the house.
- If any action by you or your travelling companion causes a situation that we feel warrants our requesting that you vacate our home, you agree to do so immediately upon our request, and you agree that we shall be authorized to on your behalf request that Airbnb immediately cancel the remainder of your reservation. When we contact Airbnb, we will notify them of why we required you to leave. If Airbnb agrees we were justified in our action, you agree that any future charges or refunds will be made solely under the same cancellation policy conditions that would have applied if you yourself had on that date cancelled the reservation, and your security deposit will be forfeited.
- By using our internet service and/or sharing the log in info with your travelling companion, you are agreeing to accept full legal responsibility for any internet activity that you or your travelling companion engage in while using the internet connection at the house. No torrenting, P2P (Peer-to-Peer) file sharing, or similar bandwidth extensive online activities are permitted. Harassing or illegal internet activities are strictly forbidden.
- We provide WiFi access only; guests are not permitted to attach any devices to the modem/router, nor are guests permitted to attempt to change any modem/router settings.
- We assume no responsibility for guests' belongings. Any guest who leaves valuables or personal items unattended in the house does so at his/her own risk. Please lock your door when you are not in your room.
- The home is nonsmoking, including the porch/sidewalk/yard. Sorry, this is NOT negotiable, and any violation of this rule by you or your travelling companion will result in forfeiture of your security deposit and additional charges for the cost of any physical damages to the property. If you do smoke out on the parking area or public sidewalk, please respect our neighborhood by fully extinguishing and properly disposing of your cigarette butts. Please do not litter the ground with cigarette butts or empty cigarette packs.
- No illegal substances, underage drinking, other illegal activity, or pets permitted anywhere on the property. We also do not permit lighting of candles, incense, or similar items.
- You are responsible for reimbursing the full replacement value of any furnishings or other household items damaged by you or your travelling companion, regardless of whether such action was intentional or not.
- If any action of you or your travelling companion results in damage to the home or its mechanical systems, you are responsible for the full costs of the repairs, regardless of whether such action was intentional or not.
- You are fully responsible for your own behavior and actions. You are also responsible for the behavior and actions of your travelling companion while they are on the property, and for ensuring that they are fully informed of and abide by the House Rules.
- Violating House Rules or other terms included in this property's Airbnb listing will result in forfeiture of the security deposit.
- As per the terms of the AirBNB Host Guarantee, we are hereby informing the "Responsible Guest" (guest who booked the accommodation) that he/she has an express obligation to pay the host for damages or losses for any Covered Property caused by such Responsible Guest or Invitee. This obligation applies regardless of whether the cause of the damages or losses was intentional or accidental.
- None of the above statements in any way limit or restrict our rights to pursue legal action against any party whose intentional or unintentional actions we believe may have been the direct or indirect cause of any losses or damages to the property or household items.
- By completing a booking, you are agreeing to all the terms contained in these House Rules and in the rest of the property's Airbnb listing. If any of the above House Rules or any terms in the listing are found to be legally invalid, or to be contrary to the policies of Airbnb, this shall not in any way affect the validity of the remainder of the House Rules and listing terms.
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 1 night.
Lisa and Lee were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was big and clean, with clean towels as well. Bathroom was fairly clean - it is shared with the other bedroom upstairs, which was also being rented out. They provided bananas, coffee, tea, granola bars, etc. downstairs, which was nice. Location is near Whole Foods, Chipotle, and other restaurants, which was good. I'd recommend this place to others.
I was travelling with my wife from Princeton to Minneapolis and decided to take a break at Pittsburgh. The idea was to stay close to CMU and checkout their campus and explore nearby restaurants. Lisa contacted us and we mentioned that we are driving and expect to be there around 8:30 pm. We managed to avoid peak traffic and took less stops and reached Pittsburgh at 7:45 pm. I tried to contact Lisa and there was no response. The area looked very unsafe and we were not sure if we wanted to stay at this place. Luckily Azhar was standing outside the apartment and he looked like a nice guy. He gave us the keys and said Lisa will clean our room by 8:30 pm. We left for dinner and came back around 10 pm. We found the room as advertised and all sheets/towels in place. The bathroom was very clean. There were few issues though. There was no A/C in the room, even though it was advertised on the website. Lisa said, "We only put the A/S when it is summer. The summer technically starts on June 21st, so ...". We were very disappointed as it was 85 F that day. The room was really hot as it was top floor and window was closed during the day. We kept the window open for few hours, but it was very noisy outside. The bed was as advertised but it was very old and was shaking every time one of us moved. With all the heat and noise, we hardly managed to sleep for 3-4 hours which screwed up our next day of driving. Probably this is what we should expect for the money, but there should be better tools to assist you choosing the right place.
Arpit unfortunately has chosen to give misleading information in his review, some of it based on his own lack of attention to what the listing clearly states, and some of it based on his apparent assumption that a host should clear their schedule on the arrival day so they can be home obsessively checking their Airbnb messages an hour and a half before the arrival time that the guest had chosen. It appears Arpit is someone who chose not to actually read the listing, then proceeded to find fault with us because of his own choice not to use the readily available "tools to assist you in choosing the right place" (his words).
Neither Lisa nor I, or any of our many prior guests, have ever encountered any safety issues in our neighborhood. I can only assume that Arpit's statement that "the area looked very unsafe" likely indicates that Arpit is someone who makes very narrow-minded assumptions of an area's safety based on solely the racial makeup of the neighborhood, or on some other arbitrary basis... I doubt that Google would invest millions of dollars in locating an office in an "unsafe" neighborhood (our home's location is a 3 minute drive or 8 minute walk from Google's Pittsburgh office). Our listing very clearly states that we install the bedroom's window AC unit in the summer months... his stay occurred in May, so yes Lisa did point out to him that it wasn't yet "the summer months" as summer officially starts on June 21 (we have since installed the unit, in early June, and there was a fan in the room for their use). Also, Arpit gives a very distorted account of the arrival time and the events preceding their arrival. He booked just 1 day in advance, so both Lisa and I already had our plans made for the day. When Arpit informed us he would arrive at 8:30 PM, Lisa made changes in her plans so she could be available for his check in, and she then went about with her other activities with the plan to be home before 8 PM to allow her time to make up the beds before they arrived (which was the only thing that still needed done). However, at 7:10 PM Arpit sent an Airbnb message saying he was running ahead of schedule and wanted to know if he could check in at 7:30 PM. He didn't wait to give her time to respond, and he didn't bother to use the provide contact phone number to call her cell phone (perhaps he thinks Airbnb hosts have a front desk staff like a hotel, who can answer all online messages immediately)... he instead headed directly to the house and was there around 7:30 (not 7:45 as he claims). When he arrived, I had just arrived home and I called Lisa, who had already been planning to be home in a few minutes to have the room ready in plenty of time for the previously agreed upon 8:30 arrival time.
Lisa was very friendly and welcoming. The room was exactly as described and the neighborhood was great. Overall a good experience and I would stay again.
This host has 205 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Lee (Azhar)
Hi this is Azhar Leeton, but everyone just calls me Lee. I'm a very easy going and friendly host. Various green development projects are my passion, and my goal is to build the most sustainable house in the country.
I'm on the advisory board of EECO Center (Energy and Environmental Community Out-reach Center) spearheaded by Senator Jim Ferlo. I've also volunteered for many different organizations including UN, UNICEF, Red Cross, local food bank, etc.
I have a 5 bedroom/4 bathroom house (including one room with its own private en suite bathroom), with plenty of off-street parking spaces. My home is conveniently located in the middle of all the amenities Pittsburgh's East End has to offer. You can rent individual or multiple rooms, depending on availability.
I also have a very unique home, a Yaca-Dome (we call it "the Igloo"), that is usually available only as a whole house rental. With 3 bedrooms, the home can accommodate up to 6 guests. The Igloo offers a relaxing, private setting while still being within the city limits and close to all the great amenities and attractions Pittsburgh has to offer. Please note that this home's location is not a good choice for guests who plan to walk or rely on public transportation... I strongly suggest that guests here have access to a vehicle.
I've already added numerous green features to my houses, such as an in-floor radiant heating system (in the 1st floor and basement of the 5 bedroom house), changed all the lighting to LED & CFL bulbs, low flow water fixtures, etc. I plan to use part of my Airbnb earnings to add more green features. Ultimately, a Net-Zero house is my goal. So please consider booking my places for all your needs, and tell your friends about them.
Thank you very much for your time,