Our garage apartment provides a private space with everything you need for a quiet, comfortable stay close to downtown Austin. Quality furnishings and amenities will make you feel like you're staying at home rather than in a rental or hotel.
Stay in our lovely 1 bedroom garage apartment and enjoy the quiet of our 78704 'hood while being close-in for all the fun!
Walking distance to downtown, hop on a 7-min Capital Metro bus (rte 29), or take a $5 cab ride in. Also, 5 min walk to restaurants (Chuy's, Shady Grove, Austin Java, Shake Shack, Uchi), Alamo Drafthouse, and Barton Springs Bike Rental. Want more? Zilker Park, Barton Springs Pool, Barton Creek Greenbelt, Townlake Hike and Bike Trail, and other outdoor entertainment all within one mile.
The apartment: One bedroom with queen bed, bath, kitchenette, WiFi/Internet access (no cable TV, sorry). Pull-out memory-foam couch also available (and/or inflatable mattress). 32" flat screen TV. Kitchenette has full size stove, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, blender, and microwave. It is also stocked with coffee, tea, creamer, and sweeteners. Iron, hairdryer, extra pillows, and blankets also provided. Located above our garage in our quiet backyard. Hardwoods and nicely furnished. Outdoor table and chairs provided on the deck, so you can enjoy the weather and trees (and view in the winter!). Off-street parking. If traveling with a baby or toddler, we have a pack-n-play you can use.
PETS: 1-2 *small*, well-behaved, potty-trained pets are allowed. If you have a small dog, we prefer that it is crated while you are out, and you must clean up the yard after your pet potties. Barking is a no-go.
For our longer-term guests (1+ weeks):
* On Wednesdays, the housecleaner comes to clean the apt in the afternoon. Please tidy up so he can clean and dust. Thanks!
* There's a washer/dryer in the garage below for your use.
* Garbage bin: located behind the garage on the alley, pickup is every Tues AM (Nick puts the bin out on Mon night).
* Recycling bin: below the stairs, pick up is every other Tues AM. Austin recycles everything that can be recycled (plastics, glass, cardboard, paper, etc), so throw it all in there.
Sorry, no parties and absolutely no smoking allowed in the apartment.
Can't wait to meet you!
We will either meet you and show you in or we can arrange to leave the apt open for you.
Interaction with guests
We'll interact as much as you like. We respect our guests' privacy but really enjoy hosting. We are here 99% of the time but follow our guests' lead on interaction.
Other things to note
You may hear the garage door go up on weekday mornings around 7:20a, when we have to bring the kids to school. However, we are very mindful of using the garage when we have guests upstairs.
And we like to leave the outside light on over night. You can turn it off if it bothers you, though.
* No parties.
* No smoking in the apartment. If you smoke on the balcony, please use an ashtray and empty your ashes/butts in the trash behind the garage (on the alley).
* No candles or incense.
* When you leave to go out for the day (everyday), please turn the AC/heat off or up so that's it's not running all day.
* Golden rule: Leave the place as you found it.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are a family of four (with small kids). We love our home town and location... can't beat the park, river, and downtown. We love having guests in our garage apartment... it's fun to talk to people about their lives, hometowns, and travels. We're happy to give recommendations and want you to be comfy.