About this listing
15 minute drive to Malibu Beaches -Conveniently located with easy access to all of Los Angeles this 4 Bedroom/2 Bath beautifully furnished Mid-Century Modern House is a perfect place for family vacations, reunions, retreats, wedding groups, etc
We completely remodeled this home and the style is contemporary & comfortable with a little retro thrown in for fun.
The Master Bedroom #1 has a King Bed which can sleep 2 people and has an adjoining bathroom.
Bedroom # 2 has a Full Bed which can sleep 2 people.
Bedroom # 3 has a Bunk Bed with a Full Bed on the bottom which can sleep 2 people and a Single Bed on top which can sleep 1 person (total of 3 people in this bedroom).
Bedroom # 4 has a Bunk Bed with a Full Bed on the bottom which can sleep 2 people and a Single Bed on top which can sleep 1 person. There is also a Sleeper Sofa which can sleep 2 kids or 1 adult (total maximum of 5 people in this bedroom is possible but it is tight).
We also have 2 Extra Urban Outfitter Futons that can be used throughout the house for sleeping.
The second bathroom has a full bathtub & shower.
Large Living Room has a 50inch Plasma Flat Screen TV with surround sound speakers, CD & DVD Players (we have a stock of DVDs you can watch) and a Wood & Gas burning Fireplace.
The kitchen has custom maple cabinets, concrete countertops, stainless steel appliances (including dishwasher) and there is seating for 8 people in the dining room.
We have Cathedral Ceilings, Concrete and Hardwood Floors throughout the house.
We recently completely re-designed & re-landscaped the backyard with drought tolerant plants, a fire pit, and a table that seats 20 people. It is the perfect place to dine outside, let the kids play or just sit and enjoy our beautiful sunny California weather with lots of trees, comfortable Adirondack chairs, outdoor lighting, sound system and gas BBQ.
The house and backyard are great for entertaining so we get asked all the time if the house can be rented/used for all types of events such as Wedding Brunches, Small Family Reunions, Outdoor BBQ’S, Group Retreats, Casual Dinners, etc.
Below are the important details to know:
1. There is a very strict MAXIMUM of 20 PEOPLE and 4 CARS because our home is located in a residential neighborhood so we want to be respectful of our gracious and nice neighbors.
2. Only Guests who have rented the house to sleep/stay in may also use the house for additional events.
3. There may be an additional fee depending on the type of event, length of event & number of people attending the event.
4. This is NOT a party house so please no loud or excessive noise, use of illegal substances or disorderly behavior. We have family who live in the neighborhood so we will know if there are problems and your entire security deposit will be forfeited in order to discourage such behavior.
5. There are LOTS of local restaurants/bakeries/specialty stores that do both Take-Out & Catered Food so if you are interested let me know and I give you a list of great local places.
Guest have access to the Entire House, Back Yard and Garage. There is Easy Parking in the drive-way & on the street for multiple cars to park.
Interaction with Guests
We are always available via Text/Phone/Email to answer questions but we respect our Guest privacy. If desired we have lots of recommendations of places to see, things to do & great food to eat in the Los Angles area.
Our home is in a unique area because it is a safe, secluded bedroom community that backs to Malibu Creek State Park, so there are great places to walk, hike and mountain bike starting at the end of our street and connecting to the Santa Monica Mountains. But we are also less than a mile to an organic grocery store, resturantss & pubs. And we also have easy 101 freeway access which can conveniently connect you to anyplace in Los Angeles you want to visit... including Disneyland, Graumans Chinese Theater in Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier & 3rd Street Promenade shopping, The Getty Center Museum, Venice Beach, Pasadena Rose-bowl swap meet and Camarillo Outlets shopping...and more.
While there is a bus stop at the end of our street, since LA is such a car town if you want to easily get around all of LA then a car is recommended. We are about 45 min-1 hour from Los Angles International Airport.
Located Near: Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Walt Disney Studios, Hollywood, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood Bowl, Getty Museum, Santa Monica Pier, 3rd Street Promenade Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, The Oaks Mall , Camarillo Outlets , Gardens of the World, Ronal Reagan Presidential Library, L.A. County Museum of Art , Getty Villa , Getty Museum , Graumans Chinese Mann Theater, Hollywood , Pepperdine University , Cal Lutheran University , Malibu Beaches, Zuma Beach, Westword Beach, Surf Rider, Will Rogers, Paradise Cove, Leo Carrillo, County Line, Sycamore Cove, Point Magu, Malibu Creek State Park , Santa Monica Mountains , Agoura , Agoura Hills , Calabasas , Thousand Oaks , Westlake Village , Newbury Park , Woodland Hills , Moorpark , Malibu , Malibu Lake , Malibou Lake , Monte Nido , Lake Sherwood , Oak Park , Topanga , Santa Monica Woodland Hills , West Hills, Simi Valley , Pasadena , Conejo Valley , San Fernando Valley , Southern California , Los Angeles County , Ventura County , Las Virgenes Unified School District , Calamigos Ranch Wedding, Saddlerock Ranch Wedding Venue, LAX , Los Angeles International Airport, Burbank Airport
Other Things to Note
Great for a Vacation or Temporary Rental near Malibu Beaches, Zuma Beach, Westword Beach, Paradise Cove, Santa Monica, Amgen, Pepperdine & Downtown Los Angeles
We have done house exchanges for years with families and couples...actually our home has been shared with people from all over the world...the things we hear most often is that our home is comfortable, convenient and kinda cool...and we want you to feel the same way when you stay in our house...
Smoking is NOT allowed inside the house.
Pet's are allowed with limitations. If you would like to bring your family pet please tell me the type of pet, age of the pet & the size of the pet before you make a confirmed booking.
The house and backyard are great for entertaining so we get asked all the time if the house can be rented/used for all types of events such as Outdoor BBQ’S, Casual Dinners, Group Retreats, Wedding Brunches, Small Family Reunions, etc.
Below are the important details to know:
1. This is a residential house not a rental venue, so only Guests who have rented the house to sleep/stay in may also use the house for additional events.
2. Prior written approval is required any time there are more people on the property than listed in the rental booking. So please tell me in your initial inquiry about any events you would like to have at the house.
3. There maybe an additional fee depending on the type of event, length of event & number of people.
4. Even for Host written approved events there is a VERY STRICT MAXIMUM of 20 PEOPLE and 4 CARS because our home is located in a residential neighborhood so we want to be respectful of our gracious and nice neighbors.
5. This is NOT a party house so please no loud or excessive noise, use of drugs, or disorderly behavior. Please note our family lives on the next street so we will know if there are any problems or if any of the above house rules are not honored then the security deposit will not be refunded in order to discourage such behavior.
6. There are LOTS of local restaurants/bakeries/specialty stores that do both Take-Out & Catered Food so if you are interested let me know and I give you a list of great local places.
About the Host, Elizabeth & Kenji
We are Officially Empty Nesters and we travel a lot. We have two wonderful daughters (ages 22 & 24). Kenji is a Marriage & Family Therapist & I have worked in Real Estate for over 20 years. We enjoy great food and entertaining family & friends....and we are excited to share our home and our city with others...