About this listing
A great space in a great neighborhood! Across the street from a park, minutes away from the train, buses, bars and restaurants. You will love your stay in our vibrant neighborhood that is in the middle of it all and truly authentic Chicago!
1,100 SF 1900s vintage Logan Square Brownstone:
• Less than five minute walk to the CTA Blue Line California ‘EL' Stop
• Via EL: 15 minutes to Downtown Chicago; 30 minutes to O'Hare; 5 minutes to Wicker Park and Bucktown
• Via Bus: 15 minutes to Lincoln Park and DePaul, bus is one half block away
• On Foot: minutes away from dozens of restaurants, bars and coffee shops
• Nearby attractions include the famed Fireside Bowl, Logan Square Farmers' Market and Historic Logan Boulevard
• Across from park with playground
• 1,100 SF Apartment
• Newly renovated bathroom with marble tile and surrounds
• Full kitchen with microwave, stainless steel fridge and gas oven / range, plenty of cookware
• Central heating and air conditioning
• Laundry, wi-fi and cable
• Free street parking and private parking available
• LCD TV with free HBO, Amazon Prime
• Three Bedroom; two queen size beds one futon
• Landscaped backyard with patio, deck, and large gas Weber grill
• There is ample space for air mattresses in the common areas
You are able to access the entire apartment and grounds during your visit
Interaction with Guests
We are hands off hosts but will greet you upon your arrival and show you the lay of the land. We are available 24/7 by phone, email, and through the messaging system should you have questions or concerns during your visit.
Other Things to Note
There is a old dog who lives in the apartment but he won't be around for your visit, but please take note of this if you are allergic to dogs. There is also another Airbnb in the garden apartment below you (see house rules).
Ellen and JD run the apartment while I am away (you will be staying in the apartment where they live), their contact info will be available upon arrival. Please see the detailed house manual on the living room table when you arrive.
Please note - the house was built in 1895 and although charming, and really cool, it's a little loud as it was built pre-insulation. You can hear creaking, walking, etc. and it can sometimes be noisy. So this is not for the light sleeper or easily irritated. The neighbors will respect you if you ask them to keep it down. All things said we don't have alot of trouble with noise.
There is another Airbnb directly below your apartment in the Garden unit, and I also have a full time tenant in the second floor apartment above your. Feel free to stop by and say hi to everyone. Also PLEASE be considerate of them. As mentioned before the house is old and noise easily transfers, especially to the downstairs apartment. Please refrain from having loud parties in the apartment late at night (there are plenty of great bars in the hood, some open til 4, ask us for details :) ), and please be quiet if entering the apartment late at night.
The bedrooms are a bit on the small side and there is limited closet and storage space so please plan accordingly, you are welcome to keep luggage and clothing in the common areas of the apartment.
I have a relaxed cancellation policy however please let me know a week in advance if you cancel.
Please help yourself to any food / drink in the apartment, Ellen and JD will advise if there is anything that is off limits.
**DBA From Bad to Weerts, LLC**