Perfect for short-term SF stays, this 1 bedroom/1 bath, ultra-modern, spacious, efficiency suite with designer flourishes is situated in one of San Francisco's most centrally-located neighborhoods. The private suite features a shared courtyard, partial bay views, in-unit washer/dryer, original art, and unique décor all from an exclusive setting atop the cliff at the end of Union Street in the Telegraph Hill Historic District.
Nearly 1,000 square feet of urban tranquility on a quiet dead-end street with many benefits including:
Sun-Drenched Living Room
- Wood-burning fireplace with gas starter and raised concrete hearth; sufficient wood for 1-2 fires is provided
- Wall of full length glass doors/windows that swing open completely to the shared courtyard for indoor/outdoor living
- Built-in office/desk area
Large Private Bedroom
- Wall of full length glass doors/windows with partial view of Bay Bridge
- Separated from living room by hallway and two doors
- Full-size wash/dry machine tucked into closet
- Second built-in office/desk area
- Stone floor and unique blue vessel sink seated on stone counter top
- Jacuzzi tub and shower
- Located off hallway between living room and bedroom
- Shared paved stone courtyard filled with sculptural art and pottery
- Partial bay views (Bay Bridge and Treasure Island)
- Separate entrance to suite is through courtyard
General Unit Info
- Dwell/DWR-inspired modern lighting, hardware, and designer fixtures
- Bamboo flooring and radiant under-floor heating
- WiFi is via a mobile hotspot
- Microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker (plus coffee!) in lieu of full kitchen
- If you are a person who needs fresh air while you sleep this may not be the unit for you...there are no windows that open...only the living room doors (which do swing open completely for an indoor-outdoor living space) but we don't recommend leaving those open at night.
- The apartment is referred to as a "suite" but in actuality, it is a separate annex of the main house and is connected to the house by an elevator (which is locked off at the level of the apartment).
- Hair dryer and iron available in suite.
- Located on the east side (view side) of Telegraph Hill, where the tourists hike up to take photos
- This is a HIGHLY WALKABLE neighborhood: within 5 blocks you can walk to restaurants and nightlife in North Beach, hang out in Washington Square Park, visit Coit Tower, or hike down the tropical Filbert Steps to access the Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf, or downtown (NOTE: this apartment is situated at the TOP of a very steep 3-block hill, so walkers be advised!)
- Bus stop 1 block away
- Home to wild parrots - the subject of a 2005 documentary "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill"
Three nights minimum stay. Also, for stays of 14 days or longer, we require an additional cleaning fee of $75 and ask that the guest accommodate the cleaners in vacating the apartment for an afternoon at their convenience.
No smoking inside unit. Smoking allowed in shared patio area but please contain your ashes/butts.
In a city known for its culinary sophistication, who needs a kitchen? Save your money and put it towards a meal at one of SF's 19 restaurants that garnered at least one Michelin star in 2012 (including Coi, a 2-star restaurant located less than 6 blocks from your front door!)
This artistic home was built in 2001 with energy efficient concepts and sound-proof designs. The owners live in the main portion of house accessed through the east side of the courtyard. A second condo and garage is located above the suite and is currently occupied by a couple who only occupy the space periodically. The upstairs condo is separated from courtyard-level short-term rental suite by engineered sound barriers including thick concrete floors, insulation, and space for utilities.
This is a premier location for viewing once-in-a-lifetime Bay Area events, such as the art installation celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Bay Bridge.
Guests have complete and private access to the suite and shared access to the courtyard. The elevator leading to the owners' portion of the house is not accessible. There is no parking available except for on-street parking which has a 2-hour limit. Guests are discouraged from bringing cars to this rental (nearest parking garage is more than 5 blocks down a very steep hill).
Interaction with Guests
We are here for you if you need anything! But otherwise you will be left alone. You may encounter the friendly owners as you come and go, but you are not obligated to engage them in conversation if you don't feel like it!
No smoking inside unit. Smoking IS allowed in shared courtyard if an ashtray is used.
Guests should be respectful that there are other residents nearby (be reasonable with noise before 9 am and after 9 pm on weeknights and before 10 am and after 10 pm on weekends).
Jordie was a wonderful host, very attentive, prompt, positive and upbeat. I appreciated her advice and tips about making the most of my stay. The location exceeded my expectations. The décor, artwork, courtyard and view of the bay were exceptional.
We loved our stay on Telegraph Hill. The place was very clean and the views were beautiful. The description of the place is very accurate, so read it closely. If you don't need a full kitchen or a TV, and just want a unique experience living like a resident of Telegraph, this is the place for you. We Uber'd it occasionally and walked other times. Be prepared to walk up a lot of hills if you set out on foot. You won't find an experience like this staying in a hotel.
Tele Hill definitely exceeded our expectations and the location was truly ideal. I have been to San Francisco many times but have never left feeling like I had really experienced the city the way I wanted to, but this time I did. Every day started with a beautiful view from every road we walked down followed by a simple choice of which way we would wander down the hill for breakfast or lunch and the coffee shops and restaurants were all easily accessible.
Jordie went out of her way to make sure all of our needs were met and further to make sure we were having a good time which was very kind and appreciated.
We will certainly be back!
Jordie was an amazing host. I found the space just as it is described in the listing.
Jordie's apartment was beautiful. My parents could not stop talking about how perfect the location, view, and interior was. Thank you Jordie!
The Modern Efficiency Tele Hill Suite is a great to stay while visiting San Francisco. The suite is inviting, clean, comfortable and in a quiet residential neighborhood. The views of the embarcadero are incredible. There is a hike up the hill but our 5 year old daughter made it up and down daily without complaining. It is actually a nice walk after enjoying some of the delicious restaurants in North Beach.
Jordie was very attentive and accommodating. She responded quickly and was pleased to help make our stay more comfortable. We would definitely recommend staying here and we look forward to visiting again!
I had a wonderful stay in this appartement. I really felt home. I was there for 10 days for business and really appreciated to have found this place which made my stay much more enjoyable. It is very well located with an amazing view of the bay when you arrive.
All the comfort needed is provided. I am quite easy but I didn't miss anything.
Jordie was very accommodating. I will try to book this place again when I come back for the same conference next year.
This host has 173 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a property manager/environmental scientist/entrepreneur/artist/builder from the mountains of Montana who relocated to the Bay Area to attend college...and I got hooked! Since that time I have come to call the Bay Area home and love it especially because it has such a fabulous diversity of residents and activities. I enjoy helping visitors with discerning tastes take delight in our spaces and I especially like helping travelers discover the insider’s perspective on the many world-class destinations/arts/restaurants/events the Bay Area (and beyond!) offers.