About this listing
Beautiful, refurbished one-bedroom tucked away in a very quiet corner of Dublin! Laze around all day in our courtyard garden, or spend the day shopping on Grafton Street or touring trinity College. Five minutes walking distance from Christchurch, Smithfield, and the Jameson Distillery, and in close proximity to city centre, the Guinness Brewery and the Jervis Shopping Centre!
The apartment is on the ground floor of a beautifully maintained building, and looks out onto a large garden and fountain. More importantly, it's extremely peaceful; visitors are within walking distance of the centre of the city, but they will always be able to escape to this small pocket of peace and quiet.
Visitors will have access to great amenities, including:
- Access to a private, gated apartment community complete with garden and fountain
- a newly renovated bathroom, and standard kitchen with washer
- WiFi internet access
- Cable Television
- Home phone
- Situated within city centre, with access to numerous cultural icons, restaurants, and bars
- Walking distance to Smithfield Luas Station, as well as buses 39/39A
- 1 minute walk to Four Courts, St. Andrews Church and the River Liffey
- 5 minute walk to the Jameson Distillery and Smithfield Light House Cinema
- 10 min to the famous Christchurch, Guinness Brewery and the Jervis Shopping Centre
- 15 to 20 minute walk, 5 minute via public transporation, to city centre and access to Pheonix Park, Trinity College, Dublin and Grafton Street
- And, finally, something NO ONE ELSE OFFERS: an apartment manager we've hired just for AirBnB! He not only has his own taxi which he can use to drive guests around, but he's a brilliant guide to the city who will let you know where and what you can do while you're staying!
Check around Airbnb! There are NO other full apartment listings that provides a kitchen, cable television, wireless internet access, a clothes washer and a private garden at $105 a night. A no-brainer, and good for us both! :)
You're going on vacation! Who needs to worry about finding places to eat or trying to find a wifi hotspot? Stay here and you won't have to worry about the little things, giving you more time to enjoy Dublin!
Common sense rules apply:
1) Absolutely no smoking under any circumstances! The furniture and carpet really keep in the smell and it can take some time to air.
1) Leave the place as you found it; we don't want our poor manager picking up after you once you've left.
2) Inviting over guests is obviously fine, within reason: two or three, okay; four to fifty, not so okay.
3) Don't be so loud! We have a family next door, and everyone hates loud neighbours, so please be respectful of others, especially when walking (stumbling) back after a night of drinking!
4) No smoking indoors, as there is a apartment-installed fire alarm that cannot be disabled and communicates directly to the nearest fire department.
5) Deposit trash to the bin outside in the courtyard; easy peasy.
Perfect location to walk around and explore Dublin. Spacious apartment with lots of natural lighting. Des, the property manager was kind and attentive to your travel needs. He can even pick you up from the ferries and then take you to the airport as he also drives a taxi. Perfect place to explore Dublin.
The apartment was centrally located and lived up to expectations. The bed was super comfy and the shower had lots of hot water. Des, the property manager, met us at the airport. We were late because our luggage got lost, but he waited. He showed us around the apartment and was accessible throughout our trip. He even checked on our luggage at the airport and eventually took my friend back two days later to pick it up. When he drove me to the airport he came right in, waited to make sure I got checked in and that I knew where I was going. Overall, I was really impressed with how easy he was to reach and how friendly he was. I would definitely stay there again if I return to Dublin.
Justin has the details in place to make your stay in Dublin easy. Desmond Murphy looks after the property and Is taxi owner/driver. For a normal taxi fee he will pick you up and return you to the airport if needed. Both he and Justin were great to deal with by email and text.
We were impressed that Justin added a microwave to the property when we asked. It appears to be permanent now.
The location is excellent if you hope to walk to most tourist spots. Having the hop on hop off bus just down the street was terrific for the first day when we wanted to get to know the city.
Having the condo back onto the garden was a luxury as we could have the windows and curtains open unlike the city street condos.
Overall for the price of the stay, this was a great spot to call home for our 4 day visit to Dublin.
A wonderful apartment for relaxing. Peaceful courtyard with lovely green space. We were not interested in serious cooking, so the small, well equipped kitchen was very adequate. Location is unbeatable. We highly recommend.
Cozy apartment in a great central location, walking distance to the city centre and a luas stop on the doorstep. The gated complex is very safe, the area is peaceful and very quiet even though it's central. Would love to stay here again!
Absolutely lovely little apartment in a very convenient setting. We walked everywhere during our trip and the central but quiet location made this a perfect venue - you're only a few minutes from the oldest bar in Dublin but the actual flat is in a quiet courtyard with no traffic noise.
Des was on hand to show us round the property when we arrived and the place had been cleaned to a very high standard. The actual flat itself was very retro which made it feel comfortable and distinctly different from the bland furniture you find in hotels.
The wi-fi was high speed and consistent, the shower powerful and hot and the kitchen well stocked with cooking equipment and utensils. There were also a number of guide books in the property as well, which was a handy addition to our own guide.
As a side note, we had great weather but the little library of books almost made me wish it was raining so I could've curled up on the sofa and read my way through them.
My girlfriend and I stayed at Justin’s apartment for a week.
The apartment is fantastic: it’s cosy, clean, comfortable, very quiet because it doesn’t face the street and equipped with everything you need.
It is in a excellent location because you can easily reach the city center and all the main places of Dublin by foot: in 10min you can reach Christchurch and in 20 minutes O’Connell street or Trinity College.
We didn’t meet Justin but he quickly answered to our e-mails, gave us the directions for the apartment and put us in touch with Desmond and Debbie, Justin’s property manager. Des was very friendly and helpful giving us information and advice.
About the Host, Justin
Graduate Student New York expat living in Singapore! I have connections to Ireland though: went to Trinity College, Dublin, and I'm blessed to have dual US/Irish citizenship.
Happy to host others in my old abode!