About this listing
This beautiful & amazing villa, situated right by the beach at Ponta do Mutá, 10 minutes away from the cosy village Barra Grande. On a slope in the middle of the jungle with an amazing view of the ocean with only 50m to the beach, this
This beautiful and amazing villa is situated right by the beach at Ponta do Mutá, just 10 minutes away from the cosy village Barra Grande. On a slope in the middle of the jungle with an amazing view of the ocean with only 50 meters to the beach, this truly is a little piece of heaven.
The villa has one master bedroom, two extra separate bedrooms, one large living room, a kitchen and a bathroom with a shower, all connected by a hallway. The total area of the house is 100 m2, and including the large deck surrounding most of the villa the total area is 150 m2. The villa sleeps four persons and is ideal for a family with children, but can easily accomodate up to six people if using the sofa in the living room. All rooms are equipped with fans.
The villa is part of the secluded Nirvana Beach Club, with a club house where you can watch cable-TV, connect to the Internet, relax, read or use the communal kitchen or washing machine. At the moment only three houses have been built, giving you all the peace of mind you could wish for.
The beautiful village of Barra Grande is just a 10 minutes walk away, where you find grocery stores and an amazing range of fantastic restaurants and bars. Visit (website hidden) to see everything the village has to offer.
There are a lot activities possible in addition to swimming and sunbathing, such as surfing, snorkelling in Taipus de Fora, kayaking in the ocean, take a boat trip in the bay and visit the waterfall or playing tennis at Posada Bahia Boa (20 minutes away).
How to get here from Salvador: From Salvador it's a 3-5 hour trip by car/bus to Camamu. 3 hours if you take the ferry from Salvador to Mar Grande, 5 hours if you skip the ferry and travel around the bay). From Camamu you can take a speedboat (or the slower ferry) and 45 min later you can arrive by the pier in the village of Barra Grande.
How to get here from Ilheus: From Ilhues it's a 2 hour trip by car/bus to Camamu. From Camamu you can take a speedboat (or the slower ferry) and 30 min later you can arrive at the beach by the house or by the pier in the village of Barra Grande. You can also take the car directly from Ilheus to Barra Grande, without taking the boat from Camamu. However the roads from Marau can be difficult so make sure you have a car that can make it on bumpy dirt roads.
- The house has three bedrooms, one living room and kitchen and one WC and shower.
- Do not drag heavy luggage on the wooden floor, it will leave marks. Please carry everything.
- All electricity outlets are 220V. Do not plug in devices you have brought with you that are for 110V use, they will catch fire.
- Do not throw toilet paper into the toilet, throw it in the disposer beside the toilet.
- Only light candles in the house if the electricity is out, to avoid fires (the piacava roof is a risk).
- No smoking! Do not smoke in the house or on the deck, to avoid fires (the piacava roof is a risk).
- When you arrive the house should be prepared. All beds will be made, you don’t need to bring your own sheets or pillows. You will also be given white towels for use in the house only (not the beach) and one coloured towel for use on the beach.
- There are fans in all bedrooms. The fan in the master bedroom is controlled manually by a panel on the wall. The other fans are controlled by a remote, that is on a panel on the wall in each room. Make sure to put the fans in reverse (counter-clockwise) circulation for best ventilation effect.
- Use the trash bin outside the house (on the same side as the outside table and by the coconut tree), this will be emptied by the ground staff regularly. Make sure to use the lid.
- We will always try to arrange so you have a fresh water that you can drink and some basic breakfast in the fridge. Feel free to use and consume whatever is in the kitchen (coffee, tea, granola...).
- There are mosquito nets in the house if you would like to use them.
- We always sleep with the sliding doors open for fresh air. There is no need to worry about the safety.
- The toaster and the water heater need some adapters to fit in to the electrical outlet in the kitchen. So just switch between them if using one or the other.
- There is a water tap on the side of the house, when you come up the stairs from the beach, where you can wash off the sand from your feet. You can also reach the shower from the deck and go directly to the shower without bringing in sand to the house.
- In the club house you will have access to Wireless Internet. Just connect to the Nirvana Beach Club wifi, no code is necessary. You will also be able to watch cable TV if you want to. Make sure to be quiet after 10pm as there are other rooms close to the Club House.
- There are guard dogs around the Beach Club. The dogs will always bark. Don’t be afraid, just walk with confidence :)
Awsome jungle experience... The house was really nice and clean. Right at the beach with couple nice sunset lounges. Early in the morning you can see the monkeys comming really close to the house.
The house is beautiful, very well constructed, it is simple and great.
The views, the beaches nearby are truly lovely.
It is situated inside a condominium and we felt safe, always leaving the house open, sleeping with open doors, leaving all eletronic devices around.
it is quite a remote place and I do think the owners of the house could have given us more information on practicallities, he was very laconic when I wrote before our trip to try and get information.
but overall it is amazing and I recommend the trip.
This is the second consecutive year that we spend our summer vacation in this house. The place is truly amazing: the house itself, the beach, the village, everything is perfect.
Fantastic house, as beautiful as seen in the pictures. We had a most wonderful holiday here.
This was honestly one of the most beautiful, amazing places I have ever visited. It is a little bit of a journey to reach from Salvador, but that is what makes the place so much better than somewhere like morro de sao paulo.
This place has 3 great things;
1. The house is stunning, simple and with great design.
2. The location is perfect, in beautiful private gardens, with mango trees and a beach at the end of the garden that is almost your own private beach
3. Isolation, there are almost no other tourists around here, only a few locals. You can walk down the beach almost on your own to eat at delicious local restaurants.
In short it is perfection, and I hope I will be able to come back soon!
I'd like to share the wonderful experience visiting Barra Grande (Peninsula de Maraú) and our stay at Cem and Charlotte house. The whole region has the most beautiful beaches I ever seen in my life, specially those located on the Camamu bay side, very good infrastructure for food, drinks and leisure as a whole. The only negative point regards to a high prices for these items even comparing with other famous beaches on Brazilian coast. The house is really beautiful, accommodates my whole family (2 kids) in a confortable way. The location is also outstanding, beachfront at the bay side. I strongly recommend. Cem was very kind preparing a user manual for the house including good tips about the Barra Grande region.
Everything in the house works fine but there are 2 points to be checked or fixed, the water pump stops working after few minutes of usage, starts again and if you spen 5 or 6 minutes on the shower the pump will stop and return 2 or 3 times.
The other point regards to the sliding glass door at beach side (the big one), it is necessary to do a basic maintenance because the doors is presenting some difficulties to slide and it can damage during this operation.
The room in front of the bathroom has problems with lights (is not working) and the ceiling fan is not working as we'll
Two more suggestions if you believe it fits with your life style (of course): the possibility to install a satellite tv specially for families with kids. Even with club house tv my feeling is that Bonie wants to preserve the tranquility to the Club members so kids noise, cartoons, tv shows etc is something that does not fit with her expectations. It is an investment if you decide to do with low month cost, in Brazil it probably cost 30 euros per month.
Other point that could be a plus for external guests regards to air conditioner, even with fan the temperature is quite high specially on the early night but as I said is moe a matter of life style
About the Host, Charlotte & Cem
we originally come from Sweden, but we live in Malibu, USA at the moment. Eight years ago we found our little piece of paradise in Barra Grande in Brazil. We built a beautiful house and go there every winter in December. We would love for other people to enjoy it, so just book it and go there. You'll never regret it.