Nestled in a prime location of Santiago is this newly remolded mid-century pool house. Enjoy a short stroll in Santiago square or a brief 10-minute walk into the Zocola from Santiago. Merida is a beautiful city filled with lovely architecture, historical monuments and fantastic restaurants.
This particular house was featured on HGTV’s hit television show House Hunter’s International.
The home includes:
Ceiling Fans throughout the home and
A/C in the 2 master Bedrooms
2 Master Suites
No pets. 3 night minimum stay is required.
There are only 26 days of the year when the temperature in Merida does not reach at least 80 degrees and for 238 of them it climbs above 90. Winter evening temperatures do dip -- into the mid 60s. The best time to visit the city is from late September to May when the humidity is lower and evenings cooler. From June to September, the average monthly rainfall is between five and six inches, more if a tropical storm moves across the area.
The entire month of January is set aside to celebrate the city's founding in 1542 by the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Montejo. The 2010 citywide festival included over 500 events, according to (email hidden), an expat online magazine that tracks cultural and community events in the area. The season opener for the Yucatan Symphony Orchestra is one of many concerts marking the anniversary.
Semana Santa is a national holiday when many Merida families head to their beach homes in Progreso, 24 miles north of Merida. Once just a small fishing village, now a town with some 25,000 residents, Progreso has none of the glitz of the Riviera Maya, but its beaches with their gentle waves and the town’s outdoor seafood restaurants make it ideal for a laid-back spring break. Another Easter ritual is the Passion Play performed in the plaza at Acanceh, a small Mayan community just 10 miles southeast of Merida, where the remains of a Mayan pyramid lie on the edge of the square.
There are glimpses of cooler weather ahead as the city celebrates Mexican Independence Day, Dies y Seis, on September 16th. By the month's end, many expats have returned and the fall cultural season begins. From October to December, the city holds Festival Otono Cultural with numerous concerts (occasionally held at nearby Chichen Itza, the famed Mayan ruin) and art exhibits.
In November, birding enthusiasts gather for the annual Toh Bird Festival, held in various venues around the area. Birding enthusiasts can observe some of the peninsula's winter and year-round avian residents in their natural surroundings, plus learn about volunteer and conservation efforts under way to protect the hundreds of species found in the Yucatan.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 1 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A,M,. Early Check-ins and late check-outs will happily be accepted if at all possible. Back to back rentals may make early/late check-ins impossible.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit. Smoking inside the unit is strictly prohibited. Tenants also agree that any tenant found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy of these premises.
3. PETS are not permitted in rental units.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required.
Damage deposit will be returned providing:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
d. NO unexpected early check-in or late check-out.
e. The renter is not evicted by Betty or Karen (OWNERS or their representatives) and the local law enforcement.
f. NO excessive noise or disturbances are made during QUIET HOURS defined as hours from 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM on weekday and from 11:30pm to 10:00 AM on weekend.
g. No disturbances are made to neighbors and surrounding neighborhood.
h.. NO smoking in unit
i. NO household items including linens and towels are lost or damaged.
j, CHECKOUT procedure is followed
5. QUIET HOUR POLICY: QUIET HOURS are defined as hours from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM on weekdays and from 11:30 PM to 10:00 AM on weekends. No loud noises that could disturb the neighbors from quiet enjoyment of their homes are allowed during this time.
6. MINIMUM STAY - This property requires a THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. Longer MINIMUM STAYS may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than MINIMUM STAY days, the guest will be charged the MINIMUM STAY rate.
7. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken out from the units. Except Beach towels. Beach towels may be taken out.
8. RATE CHANGES - Rates are subject to change without notice prior to rental confirmation.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS Four (8) PERSONS (may be revised within below reservation details). If more than Three (8) are in attendance at any given time, there will be an additional charge of $75.00 for each additional guest per day.
10. LOST KEY - A replacement key will cost $25.00 USD (so please don't lose your key).
11. You will be required to pay for electricity!!!! Do not run the air-conditioning units all day and night your bill will be huge! The property manager will record your usage at the time of check in and check out.
Estuvimos 7 días y realmente la casa es muy agradable, es amplia, en una buena ubicación y con lo necesario para estar muy a gusto. Quizás faltaría un televisor y protección en las ventanas para los mosquitos para poder tener las ventanas abiertas, pero fuera de eso todo muy bien. Esperamos poder quedarnos más días después...
First, the positive - price is good, communication with Betty Hall BEFORE we got there was good, neighborhood was convenient in Merida, house was large and spacey.
BUT, Betty was not there, her agent Jesenia was nearby. We had a hard time contacting Jesenia, and because of lack of enough keys, Jesenia couldn't help us quickly. We needed help because so much went wrong with the house. It felt as if no one had looked at this place in a year or so. Not enough blankets. Not enough garbage bags. The hot plate didn't work, and it took Jesenia a day or two to get there and give us a new one. The mattresses didn't fit the frames, and fell through. The water died. We used the swimming pool water, which was too dirty to swim in, to flush the toilets. Jesenia did call the plumber, who came and made some mistake that caused the water to then flood the house. My travel-mates were not as annoyed as I was; they focused on the big space, but I felt ignored by our hosts, which upset me.
We were five people and spent four nights in Bettys house in Mérida. The house is very modern and has a lot of space for a group of 5 people or even more. Yesenia and her boyfriend were very helpful when we had problems with the water twice and after we called them they were there within 20 minutes and fixed it.
As a little suggestion and feedback: We missed hooks for our clothes. We couldn't hang up our clothes anywhere. And there was for example only one toilet brush which is not so nice if you have three bathrooms/toilets. But these are things that can easily be improved and then this house is a perfect place to stay in Mérida.
The house is lovely, and is very close to Centro. Kombis into Centro are 3 blocks from the house, or a 10 block walk home after supper.
Great plunge pool to cool off in. Bedrooms are comfortable and well equipped. The house is also well positioned for day trips out of Merida with a car, as it is easy to reach the Periferico (ring road). There are also some great little restaurants at the market for lunch or supper about 5 blocks away. Yesenia was very helpful when needed. We enjoyed our 4 days at Betty's.
This host has 244 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I spend a lot of time traveling investing in real estate and have a cute little place in Mexico and well as some places to stay in San Francisco and New Mexico.