About this listing
Spacious and private entire second floor with loft in historic folk Victorian home. Gated on-site parking. Close to Metro, Old Town Pasadena, and the Rose Bowl.
Welcome to our updated historic Pasadena folk victorian home built in 1893 on an 1/2 acre lot. We are located close to Old Town Pasadena, the Rose Bowl, and numerous cultural destinations.
We require a minimum 2 day in advance inquiry before booking. If you attempt to book in under that lead time, we will unfortunately need to decline.
You will have access to a 100% private second floor with your private bedroom, bathroom, and loft/sitting area. Our home is a 2-story, 4 bedroom, 3 bath fully renovated private residence.
The bedroom includes a comfortable queen bed with duvet and linens and a dresser for your belongings. The loft area is equipped with a microwave, mini refrigerator, TV and DVD player, desk, sitting area, and can accommodate an additional two people on an air mattress upon request.
We have fully gated private parking in back, we will give you an electric gate remote so you can come and go easily.
Please arrange with us the best arrival time the night before you check in. Please notify us when you are 30 minutes away so we can prepare to meet you in front, and explain how to meet us at our back gate.
Please note, we do not accept any guests or visitors other than those who have arranged to stay with us through Airbnb.
Interaction with Guests
We would love to offer suggestions on where to go and visit while here in Pasadena and greater LA and the OC. I am a native Angeleno and know this city extremely well! We are willing to possibly pick you up and drop you off at the airport or train station if our schedules permit. Just ask!
We are a convenient 2 block walk to a major grocery store with a Wells Fargo inside, CVS, Chase Bank, Starbucks, and Subway.
Our neighborhood is demographically and racially mixed with multi-family, apartments, and single home residences as it is close to the urban downtown Pasadena shops and businesses.
We are located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains where there are plenty of trails to hike and explore. Local places to visit include the Huntington Library, Norton Simon Museum, the Gamble House, and Bungalow Heaven.
We are walking distance to Old Town Pasadena, the Metro and bus lines, and have private gated parking in back available.
We are 8 blocks from the Old Town Pasadena Memorial Park Goldline Metro station. You can take a short 20 minute trip on the Metro to downtown Los Angeles. From the downtown Union Station, you have access to many areas within Los Angeles and Orange County.
- 0.9 mile (9 block) walk to Old Town Pasadena
- 0.9 mile (8 block) walk to Memorial Park Metro station
- 1.7 miles to the Rose Bowl
- 25 minute metro ride to LA's union station
- 2 block walk to CVS pharmacy
- 3 block walk to Vons grocery store & Wells Fargo
- 3 block walk to Starbucks
- 14.7 mile drive to Burbank airport
- 28 mile drive to LAX airport
Other Things to Note
Long stays: If you would like to stay with us for a longer period of time, please message me and we can make a special arrangement.
Dogs: We have two playful golden retrievers that enjoy the run of the yard. They can be placed in thier gated play area for short periods of time at request. No pets allowed. Our dogs are not friendly with other animals, so sadly we cannot accommodate pets.
Parking: We have fully gated private parking in back, we will give you an electric gate remote so you can come and go easily.
Our home is your home if you are our guest. We would really appreciate it if you treat it like your home and keep it clean and tidy. We do not allow any visitors or guests other than who you arrange to stay with us through Airbnb. Please be respectful of our property and neighbors.
1. Communication: We are available via text, email, and phone. Texting is the quickest way to get a response at any time of the day. If we are home, just come talk to us!
2. Smoking: No smoking allowed inside. We are a smoke free family.
3. Pets: No pets allowed. Our golden retrievers are not friendly with other animals, so sadly we cannot accommodate pets.
4. Bathroom: Please do not flush anything besides toilet paper into the toilets.
5. Cleanliness: Please do not leave your personal items scattered around the house other than your area. Please make sure your area is clean by your departure day.
6. Security: Keep your expensive personal items with you at all times or under lock and key. The host will not be responsible for any loss.
7. Kitchen: For stays of two weeks or more - moderate use of the kitchen is available. If you use the kitchen, please clean up after yourself. Feel free to message us for details.
8. Laundry: For stays of two weeks or more – possible use of the laundry room, once a week, is available. Please do not leave your clothes in the laundry room. Feel free to message us for details.
9. Non-Airbnb guests and parties: No hosting of parties or entertaining of your guests in the house permitted. We are a quiet family.
10. Dogs: We have two lovely dogs who enjoy spending the evenings inside with us, gated in the kitchen. They will not be in your way as you come and go through the back entrance. If your stay is longer than two weeks, and you have arranged to use the kitchen with us, be aware that they will remain inside at that time.
11. Wifi: our login and password to our wifi will be provided upon arrival.
12. Amenities: A mini refrigerator, microwave, hot water kettle, dishes and utensils, and a TV with DVD and basic cable are always available in your private area.
13. Floors: Please do not place anything wet… food, cups, laundry, towels on our wood floors as it will damage them.
14. Temperature: We are very flexible on temperature. Please let us know if you would like it warmer or colder, and we will work with you to find the right setting.
Thank you for respecting our living space. Please feel free to contact us for any questions or special requests!