Spacious and private entire second floor with loft in historic folk Victorian home. Gated on-site parking. Close to Metro, Old Town Pasadena, and the Rose Bowl.
Welcome to our updated historic Pasadena folk victorian home built in 1893 on an 1/2 acre lot. We are located close to Old Town Pasadena, the Rose Bowl, and numerous cultural destinations.
You will have access to a 100% private second floor with your private bedroom, bathroom, and loft/sitting area. Our home is a 2-story, 4 bedroom, 3 bath fully renovated private residence.
The bedroom includes a comfortable queen bed with duvet and linens and a dresser for your belongings. The loft area is equipped with a microwave, mini refrigerator, TV and DVD player, desk, sitting area, and can accommodate an additional two people on an air mattress upon request.
We have fully gated private parking in back, we will give you an electric gate remote so you can come and go easily.
Interaction with Guests
We would love to offer suggestions on where to go and visit while here in Pasadena and greater LA and the OC. I am a native Angeleno and know this city extremely well! We are willing to possibly pick you up and drop you off at the airport or train station if our schedules permit. Just ask!
We are a convenient 2 block walk to a major grocery store with a Wells Fargo inside, CVS, Chase Bank, Starbucks, and Subway.
Our neighborhood is demographically and racially mixed with multi-family, apartments, and single home residences as it is close to the urban downtown Pasadena shops and businesses.
We are located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains where there are plenty of trails to hike and explore. Local places to visit include the Huntington Library, Norton Simon Museum, the Gamble House, and Bungalow Heaven.
We are walking distance to Old Town Pasadena, the Metro and bus lines, and have private gated parking in back available.
We are 8 blocks from the Old Town Pasadena Memorial Park Goldline Metro station. You can take a short 20 minute trip on the Metro to downtown Los Angeles. From the downtown Union Station, you have access to many areas within Los Angeles and Orange County.
- 0.9 mile (9 block) walk to Old Town Pasadena
- 0.9 mile (8 block) walk to Memorial Park Metro station
- 1.7 miles to the Rose Bowl
- 25 minute metro ride to LA's union station
- 2 block walk to CVS pharmacy
- 3 block walk to Vons grocery store & Wells Fargo
- 3 block walk to Starbucks
- 14.7 mile drive to Burbank airport
- 28 mile drive to LAX airport
Other Things to Note
Long stays: If you would like to stay with us for a longer period of time, please message me and we can make a special arrangement.
Dogs: We have two playful golden retrievers that enjoy the run of the yard. They can be placed in thier gated play area for short periods of time at request. No pets allowed. Our dogs are not friendly with other animals, so sadly we cannot accommodate pets.
Parking: We have fully gated private parking in back, we will give you an electric gate remote so you can come and go easily.
Our home is your home if you are our guest. We would really appreciate it if you treat it like your home and keep it clean and tidy. Please be respectful of our property and neighbors.
1. Communication: We are available via text, email, and phone. Texting is the quickest way to get a response at any time of the day. If we are home, just come talk to us!
2. Smoking: No smoking allowed inside. We are a smoke free family.
3. Pets: No pets allowed. Our golden retrievers are not friendly with other animals, so sadly we cannot accommodate pets.
4. Bathroom: Please do not flush anything besides toilet paper into the toilets.
5. Cleanliness: Please do not leave your personal items scattered around the house other than your area. Please make sure your area is clean by your departure day.
6. Security: Keep your expensive personal items with you at all times or under lock and key. The host will not be responsible for any loss.
7. Kitchen: For stays of two weeks or more - moderate use of the kitchen is available. If you use the kitchen, please clean up after yourself. Feel free to message us for details.
8. Laundry: For stays of two weeks or more – possible use of the laundry room, once a week, is available. Please do not leave your clothes in the laundry room. Feel free to message us for details.
9. Non-Airbnb guests and parties: No hosting of parties or entertaining of your guests in the house permitted. We are a quiet family.
10. Dogs: We have two lovely dogs who enjoy spending the evenings inside with us, gated in the kitchen. They will not be in your way as you come and go through the back entrance. If your stay is longer than two weeks, and you have arranged to use the kitchen with us, be aware that they will remain inside at that time.
11. Wifi: our login and password to our wifi will be provided upon arrival.
12. Amenities: A mini refrigerator, microwave, hot water kettle, dishes and utensils, and a TV with DVD and basic cable are always available in your private area.
13. Floors: Please do not place anything wet… food, cups, laundry, towels on our wood floors as it will damage them.
14. Temperature: We are very flexible on temperature. Please let us know if you would like it warmer or colder, and we will work with you to find the right setting.
Thank you for respecting our living space. Please feel free to contact us for any questions or special requests!
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Laura is a wonderful person. So nice and always doing every thing she can do for us!
The house is calm, and the room nice.
Thanks for your kindness, Laura.
What a relaxing, comfortable stay with Abel & Laura. I had a beautiful room, in fact the whole upstairs to myself, which was decorated so nicely. Everything from the bedding to the bathroom was immaculate and Laura was very helpful when I had questions. I was easily able to come and go as I pleased and felt very secure as a woman traveling alone. All said and done, it was a wonderful experience and I definitely have a "to go" place now whenever I head to the LA area.
An excellent stay! Laura, and her husband Abel, were gracious, amicable hosts. And to claim as one's entourage two eager, salivating golden retrievers, who lunge themselves against the house's iron gate, just to say hi—this is very good.
Abel and Laura are great hosts! The place is very private, clean, and quite. We really liked the upstairs privacy, along with the separate seating room, bathroom and bedroom. There is gated parking at the back of the house, with a back entrance to the house. The stairs up to room/loft is right at this back entrance, giving the feeling of a private entrance. The "loft" is well decorated and immaculate. Close to old town Pasadena and to everything you would need. Laura and Abel are very accommodating, highly recommend.
Staying at Abel & Laura's place ranks near the top of my AirBnb experiences, no doubt about it. I stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. The house is located in a decent neighborhood that's close by to many things. I don't know if I'd recommend walking about late at night, but during the day it's fine. You're in pretty close proximity to Old Town Pasadena, which I drove to, but you could probably walk it.
The days I spent there happened to be crazy hot, so the additional A/C unit in the room was perfect. The space itself is great - you have access to the whole top floor which includes a bedroom, a sitting room w/TV, and a private bathroom. The bed is super comfy and the shower is fantastic. There's plenty of space in their gated parking area which is nice.
Laura went above & beyond as a host, honestly. She dropped me off/picked me up after a concert at the Rose Bowl - and if you've ever been to the Rose Bowl you know the driving situation there is ridiculously bad. She didn't have to do this at all, but she was so sweet and I took her up on her offer.
All in all, fantastic place to stay. Don't hesitate to book with them!
The place is fantastic - entire top floor, beautiful finishes, comfortable bed, and everything well appointed, from the in-room AC, to toiletries in the bathroom. Abel and Laura were extremely welcoming and warm.
My husband and I live in Pasadena, CA. We enjoy traveling and going on an adventure every year, working on home improvement projects, and spending time with family on weekends. My degree is in art, and I enjoy painting and photography when I have free time. We are fairly quiet easygoing people, and enjoy spending time at our wonderful home.
I believe respecting and caring for the environment and being a good neighbor are very important as a citizen of the world. Every time I travel, I always wish to feel more integrated into the local community, instead of staying in a solitary hotel room. We love to explore off the beaten path locales, finding local treasures, and experiencing hidden restaurants with excellent food. We hope Airbnb opens up another world to us, and we hope to share our world likewise!