Situated on 6 beautifully wooded yet sunny parcels on a hill above the Russian River in Monte Rio, Stones Throw Cottage is the best of both worlds - privacy and seclusion, but only a "stone's throw" from the beautiful Russian River.
The Cottage can sleep 10 - there are two bedrooms with queen size beds, a sun porch with a daybed that converts to a king size bed, and a separate suite downstairs with two bedrooms (king size bed and daybed with trundle that converts to king). Children and well-behaved pets are welcome (the Cottage is fully equipped for infants and toddlers with a Pack 'n Play, jogging stroller, high chair, baby backpack, and toys).
The huge living room has open cathedral ceilings, beautiful exposed beams, and windows everywhere. The view from every window is trees, trees, and more trees. You can't see another house from almost anywhere on the property.
The charming country kitchen has modern culinary accessories, like anodized aluminum cookware, "real" knives, and a combination coffee/espresso maker. You can also use the gas grill located on the deck off the kitchen/dining area.
Surrounded by trees, there is still plenty of sun on the large deck. You can relax there, or in the 7 person hot tub nestled among the ferns on the other side of the house.
two bedrooms with queen-size beds
sun porch with day bed (w/trundle makes king-size)
second master bedroom with king size bed
additional downstairs bedroom with daybed with trundle
7 person hot tub
TV with cable
VCR and video library
high-speed internet access
unlimited nationwide long-distance calling
10 minute walk to the river
**Please note this home is located on a hill accessed either up a steep driveway or many steps, and therefore may not be suitable for those with mobility issues.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY DETAILS:
- Pricing does not include 11% Sonoma County Tax. Please inquire and we will provide you with the appropriate quote (including all fees & tax).
- Airbnb calendar is not up to date so please message me regarding availability.
- One week minimum during high-season & holidays.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE A ONE WEEK MINIMUM IN THE SUMMER AND MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR SHORT STAYS DURING THAT TIME.
In the summer we take short bookings on an extremely last minute basis only, but we DO NOT take one-night bookings anytime of the year (sorry!).
4 reasons I will never contract this agent or any of her listings:
1. As soon as I made the payment on Airbnb I received a separate binding contract from her management firm with lots of new rules, regulations and penalties.
2. The heating system is set to 68degree max locked in the living room temperature, so if you are using the fireplace, expect all 5 bedrooms to be freezing cold.
3. If you have any basic hygiene standard, forget about the BBQ, Oven, Toaster... It's either partly broken, or in terrible condition.
4. If you dare complaining about the situation during your stay, expect to be repeatedly told that you are wrong. A bit of sympathy to all these issues could have helped a lot make us feel more at ease...
Very reasonably priced! Other similar properties were 50% more expensive. 10 adults or two families with kids can fit for a weekend but would be pushing it for a longer stay. Neat and clean. Adequate. Just OK. Nothing wrong but nothing special. Last years left overs. Obviously a rental. Trundle beds for the kids - again OK buy not for adults. On a steep hillside. A deck but no real play area for kids. Access is a challenge for seniors. Close - a few blocks to the Russian river- but not quite close enough. You get a feel for the River but cannot see or hear it. If economy is the key issue, which it was for us, this is a fair choice.
Magical is how I would describe it. We loved the rustic feel, location, scenery and hot tub. It was perfect for the group of 10 that we had. Just take note that the front driveway is seriously steep as indicated. Highly recommended!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT