Fantastic, sunny, quiet walk-up apartment (facing south and the interior of the block) in a pre-war building (built in 1900) on a tree-lined Upper West Side block.
- Huge, ivy-bedecked terrace
- Wood floors. Exposed brick. Fireplace (works but I don't use)
- Walls lined with books and art
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Bedroom with queen-sized hotel-quality mattress
- Comfortable modern sofa-bed in the living room
- Dining table expands to seat six
- High-speed wireless internet
- Closet and drawer space
- Sound system, TV, DVD, VCR, mid-sized movie collection
- Nearby YMCA has gym, 25-meter swimming pool, squash and racquet-ball courts (I have guest passes -- please ask)
Within a few blocks:
- Central Park and Riverside Park
- The 1/2/3 and the B/C subway lines (one stop on the express train to Times Square and Theater District; two stops to 14th St. for the West Village and Meatpacking District)
- A rich assortment of amazing restaurants, shops and food stores
- Lincoln Center, the Museum of Natural History, NY Historical Society
- Numerous beautiful buildings like the Ansonia, the San Remo and the Dakota (where John Lennon was tragically shot and Yoko Ono still lives)
Live like a real New Yorker. All of NYC at your fingertips!
We had a great stay at Nohas place. If you want to live like a New Yorker, this is the place to be:-) The location is suberb, the terrace is amazing and the host is very nice and reliable. We also get some free candy when we arrived, thanks Noha!
This location is so convenient for me. Very close to the train on Broadway and 73rd. This is my favorite neighborhood. Tons of restaurants and markets on Columbus and Amsterdam Aves. I'm not a shopper, but very easy access to lots of shopping. Walk to Central Park Museum of Natural History and so many cute restaurants and pubs. I will stay here again. The only caution is the 4 flights of stairs. But my legs got a great worked out.
We spent a week in this UWS apartment and it was all we hoped for. The pictures faithfully depict the flat, two adults and two small children fit, the terrace is huge and the location perfect. You are 1 block from the subway and bus. Tons of restaurants, shops and museums are steps away.
Noah went the extra mile to be helpful including coming by to help us on a Sunday, allowing me to visit his place a few days before actually moving in and assisting carrying suitcases to our departing taxi.
One issue for older renters: the flat is in a quintessential NYC walk-up, about four flights up with no elevator available. The kitchen is small but has everything needed to cook a complete meal.
Overall if you are looking for a typical Manhattan 1BD, in a friendly and well located neighborhood with a very helpful host, I recommend this place highly!
I had a great experience in this apartment. Noah was very flexible in meeting me for check-in and was kind enough to allow for a later check out. The apartment had everything I needed and he even offered up coffee/tea. The terrace is really nice but unfortunately it was too cold to enjoy. For those staying in warmer months, this is a great feature in NYC.
Very comfy and clean apartment in a fantastic location, and the terrace is indeed amazing, a rare find in Manhattan. Noah is a thoughtful host, providing us with everything we needed to feel at home right from the start. We plan to book his place again if available for our next trip to NYC!
Me and my wife stayed for 1 week at Noah apartment. Everything was really great. We definitely would choose it again. The most exiting thing was it's amazing terrace. Subway and Central park is 5 min. walk.
Our stay was during hurricane Sandy and Noah helped us a lot. He even suggested to spent few evenings with his friends. Easy to communicate, response immediately.
The only minus that it was very hot in the appart (end of October). Something was wrong with airing system. But overall I would really recommend it!
Had a great stay here -- nice, clean apartment with a great terrace. Noah was very helpful and communicative. I'd definitely stay here again!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT