About this listing
Fantastic, sunny, quiet walk-up apartment (facing south and the interior of the block) in a pre-war building (built in 1900) on a tree-lined Upper West Side block.
- Huge, ivy-bedecked terrace
- Wood floors. Exposed brick. Fireplace (works but I don't use)
- Walls lined with books and art
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Bedroom with queen-sized hotel-quality mattress
- Comfortable modern sofa-bed in the living room
- Dining table expands to seat six
- High-speed wireless internet
- Closet and drawer space
- Sound system, TV, DVD, VCR, mid-sized movie collection
- Nearby YMCA has gym, 25-meter swimming pool, squash and racquet-ball courts (I have guest passes -- please ask)
Within a few blocks:
- Central Park and Riverside Park
- The 1/2/3 and the B/C subway lines (one stop on the express train to Times Square and Theater District; two stops to 14th St. for the West Village and Meatpacking District)
- A rich assortment of amazing restaurants, shops and food stores
- Lincoln Center, the Museum of Natural History, NY Historical Society
- Numerous beautiful buildings like the Ansonia, the San Remo and the Dakota (where John Lennon was tragically shot and Yoko Ono still lives)
Live like a real New Yorker. All of NYC at your fingertips!
- All the basics you would expect from a hotel in terms of toiletries, towels and clean sheets will be provided.
- No need to leave the apartment spotless or strip the bed before your departure. It will be cleaned professionally.
- No smoking inside, though smoking on the terrace is fine. Take the ash tray from the kitchen.
- Feel free to call/text/e-mail with any questions.