About this listing
Fantastic, sunny, quiet walk-up apartment (facing south and the interior of the block) in a pre-war building (built in 1900) on a tree-lined Upper West Side block.
- Huge, ivy-bedecked terrace
- Wood floors. Exposed brick. Fireplace (works but I don't use)
- Walls lined with books and art
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Bedroom with queen-sized hotel-quality mattress
- Comfortable modern sofa-bed in the living room
- Dining table expands to seat six
- High-speed wireless internet
- Closet and drawer space
- Sound system, TV, DVD, VCR, mid-sized movie collection
- Nearby YMCA has gym, 25-meter swimming pool, squash and racquet-ball courts (I have guest passes -- please ask)
Within a few blocks:
- Central Park and Riverside Park
- The 1/2/3 and the B/C subway lines (one stop on the express train to Times Square and Theater District; two stops to 14th St. for the West Village and Meatpacking District)
- A rich assortment of amazing restaurants, shops and food stores
- Lincoln Center, the Museum of Natural History, NY Historical Society
- Numerous beautiful buildings like the Ansonia, the San Remo and the Dakota (where John Lennon was tragically shot and Yoko Ono still lives)
Live like a real New Yorker. All of NYC at your fingertips!
- All the basics you would expect from a hotel in terms of toiletries, towels and clean sheets will be provided.
- No need to leave the apartment spotless or strip the bed before your departure. It will be cleaned professionally.
- No smoking inside, though smoking on the terrace is fine. Take the ash tray from the kitchen.
- Feel free to call/text/e-mail with any questions.
We were so fastcinated when we arrived in the apparment.
It was an amazing place to stay for 5 days.
It was clean and perfect locatet.
I can just recommend it.
Noah's place is great. Everything is as advised. Less than 10mins walk to Central Park, and the street parking on weekend nights are not hard to find.
Lovely apartment, comfortable and very conveniently located.
We didn't meet Noah - but the key handoff worked perfectly, the instructions he left were clear and helpful, and he was very responsive to our e-mails. We would definitely go back. Way better than a hotel!
Noah wasn't in town during my stay so I never had any interaction with him. He did make arrangements so I would have no troubles getting into the building. The place was in a nice area and the apartment was as described and was nice.
We had a great stay at Nohas place. If you want to live like a New Yorker, this is the place to be:-) The location is suberb, the terrace is amazing and the host is very nice and reliable. We also get some free candy when we arrived, thanks Noha!
This location is so convenient for me. Very close to the train on Broadway and 73rd. This is my favorite neighborhood. Tons of restaurants and markets on Columbus and Amsterdam Aves. I'm not a shopper, but very easy access to lots of shopping. Walk to Central Park Museum of Natural History and so many cute restaurants and pubs. I will stay here again. The only caution is the 4 flights of stairs. But my legs got a great worked out.
About the Host, Noah
Native New Yorker, though lived elsewhere for many years, including Boston, Washington D.C. and Beijing. I was a journalist in China for several years, then worked in finance for a spell before leaving that to start my own internet business. Loving the entrepreneurial life!
When not engaged building my business I enjoy books, films, cooking, eating, running in Central Park, and participating in the odd triathlon. And being somewhat indiscriminate, I enjoy playing both soccer AND football (the American variety, for you international folks).