About this listing
One of the hidden gems of Bali, Bingin beach is a combination of traditional style Bali hospitality with modern conveniences with some of the best surf breaks in Bali at your sandy doorstep.
Beach house on Bingin Beach, Bali. If you were any closer to the beach you would be wet. Ocean views, 2 world class surfbreaks so close you could throw a beer to your friends. Hot water, airconditioning, big secure rooms. Great view, great food, great surf.
We are 30 to 40 minutes from Kuta but in a secluded quiet beach area. There is no street noise as we are at the bottom of the Bingin cliffs. This does mean that there are many stairs but it is worth it to just have the sound of the waves rather than the noise of traffic.
Please note that the price shown is for 1 room, there are 4 other rooms and the 3 day beds. If you would like to book the whole house exclusively its $300 a day which you need to do in advance. Mama Tom Tom's cafe is on the first floor. She is like a mother, nanny, housekeeper and best friend all in one. The listing for the other rooms are:
Second Floor Room 1
Second Floor Room 2
Third Floor Room 3
Third Floor Room 4
We have Wifi!! yay!!
Room can fit 2 adults and 2 children
Other Things to Note
Room can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children
Please don't turn the room into a backpackers dormitory. If you meet a cute girl or guy sure bring them home but if you meet 3 or 4 and ask them to stay it's uncool.
We chose Stuart's place for a couple of reasons -
-multiple surf locations that our 2 boys could walk to
-good view and located on the beach
-one room could fit our family
The good -
-You can easily surf at Impossibles, Bingin and Dreamland. Our eldest son (16 years) could handle the waves here, but our youngest (13 years) struggled as they are reef breaks and sometimes quite shallow and it can be quite competitive to get a wave. Take reef shoes.
-The view and the size of the balcony with daybeds and hammocks is excellent. Sunset is wonderful and having plenty of shade to escape the hot sun is fabulous.
-You can walk along the beach to Dreamland one direction and Padang Padang the other direction
-If you are up early you can see the monkeys on the balcony and beach (don't leave anything on the balcony you value)
-The aircon was quiet and worked well.
-John was a helpful and great guy.
The not so good -
- Swimming is hard at both high and low tide due to the amount of rocks and coral.
- Our family did not really fit in the room. We were told there would be two single beds for our boys but the reality was a 48 inch mattress on the floor that was quite undersized for two people. Two teenage boys aren't fond of being that close. If we had known this, it would have been a deal breaker for us.
- The Wi-Fi was marginal at best. We needed Wi-Fi and not having it would have been another deal breaker for us. We constantly asked about it but it never improved and we had to use a cafe down the beach to get wifi. Inconvenient.
- When we stripped the beds on leaving, the state of the pillows was a shock and I don't think anyone would have slept on them if they knew what the pillowslips were hiding.
- The water from the sink in the bathroom leaked heavily on the floor rather than go down the pipe. When we mentioned this we were told that all the sinks leaked.
- Hot water was almost non existent. On the last day we showered in the separate shared bathroom and it was much better.
- Our room had 9 lights. When we arrived only one was working so it was quite hard to see at night. We asked about this and ended up with 3 working. Still a trifle dark.
- A lot of the furniture was old. The couches on the balcony were almost impossible to sit on due to the enormous lumps in them. Unfortunately this was the only place you could read at night as not all the lights worked outside.
Good location. The property needs some maintenance/new furniture. The description of amenities was not accurate leading us to choose something that was not appropriate for us. Pack light due many stairs in/out.
After 9 years we returned to a new and improved Tom Tom's Warung. Same amazing family with some great new staff in Jon and Stu that made for an even better experience. Bingin has certainly grown in popularity but it hasn't changed the amazing feel of both the beach and this particular beach side abode.
I second everything that Sven reviewed! House is amazing, Mama Tom Tom and her family are welcoming and take great care of the house, and Stu was an awesome host. My friend and I originally booked three nights, but ended up staying five. You couldn't be closer to the water, and the view is spectacular. Loved the laid back vibe of the house and everyone that was staying there, and met many great people! Will definitely be coming back the next time I visit Bali.
Bingin beach is a perfect spot for surfers and non surfers alike and this house is probably the best on the beach.
The balcony's are spacious, bedrooms imacculate and the bathrooms have to be seen to be believed.
Although you can probably find accommodation elsewhere in Bingin for much cheaper, this is the best choice for a quality pad with aircon and rad bathroom.
The staff are All Time amazing, especially John.
If you are coming form the airport ask Stu to organise an airport pick up with Joe. He is a legend.
Enjoy Bingin - sun, sand, surf, yoga and a very healthy & happy vibe.
We cant wait to get back.
Awesome place, really chilled out and relaxed. I arrived during the house blessing ceremony for next door, Mama/Papa Tom Tom made me feel very welcome and the owner of the house invited me to get involved with the celebrations (and suckling pig!). John looked after me most of the week, he cooks, he cleans he sorted me out a bike and also took some washing to the laundry for me, what a legend. Didn't meet Stu till the last day but he was all good the organisation side of things beforehand, and generally just a bloody nice chap.
We really enjoyed our stay here. We met Stuart briefly on the first night and he made sure we got settled in before leaving. The deck was a fantastic place to relax and enjoy the day. We met Paul and enjoyed our talks on the deck over a nice glass of scotch. John's food was really yummy, and he cooks everything up from scratch upon your orders. It's a pity that we did not meet Mama Tom Tom as there was a ceremony during our stay there. There's a really nice seafood bbq place a few doors down and they have the freshest seafood there. Overall, it is a great place to unwind, relax, recollect and just enjoy the waves.
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews